TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terrible performance numbers

What is up with the sub par performance numbers this thing is putting up. Car and driver clocked a 0-60 time of 4.5 and a 1/4 mile time of 12.9. Then this morning, I recieved the July issue of Road and Track and it did even worse. 0-60 time of 4.7 and 1/4 mile time of 13.1. This is absolutely unacceptable for a car that claims to have 500 horsepower under the hood. I dont even think I can blame it on driver error anymore because with 500 horsepower, a blind, crippled, and crazy person should be able to pull better numbers than that. There is something not quite right with this and Ford is going to have to do some explaining. TOO much money for such mediocre performance. I need some feed back please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is up with the sub par performance numbers this thing is putting up. Car and driver clocked a 0-60 time of 4.5 and a 1/4 mile time of 12.9. Then this morning, I recieved the July issue of Road and Track and it did even worse. 0-60 time of 4.7 and 1/4 mile time of 13.1. This is absolutely unacceptable for a car that claims to have 500 horsepower under the hood. I dont even think I can blame it on driver error anymore because with 500 horsepower, a blind, crippled, and crazy person should be able to pull better numbers than that. There is something not quite right with this and Ford is going to have to do some explaining. TOO much money for such mediocre performance. I need some feed back please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you believe everything that the Media prints, go out and Buy the July Issue of Motor Trend.

0-60 mph 4.5 seconds.

0-100 mph in 9.6 seconds.

1/4 mile in 12.7 seconds at 116 mph.

Standing mile in 33.2 seconds at 150.2 mph.

Top speed (governor limited - yuck!) at 157.5 mph.

Skid pad 0.92 g's.

Braking, 60-0 mph in 110 ft.

Motor Trend's fuel economy during 3500 miles of 18.4 mpg.

Courtesy of FIVE Oh B

:poke: love the ones that just fall off the turnip truck. :party2: (get it dark glasses) :hysterical2: Heck if you need feedback :headscratch: ......hmmmm how about taking a look in the forums and doing some reading?> :read: Novel idea......Enough feedback in there to keep you busy reading for days. :lurk: Just a suggestion though. :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

You're a little late with this info ,it's been commented on alot . Many others ,like yourself are worried about these numbers .I don't worry at all. I give C& D and R&T no credability whatsoever. In my opinion they are always critical of American cars (espcially Ford )and pro european.

Now if MM&FF tested this car and came up with those numbers then I would be worried. The numbers that they gave indicate to me that there was absolutely no effort on their part to try to get the max out of this car. Even Motor Trend's test showed a much higher MPH and ET.

The real test will come when the car gets to the streets . This car has so much potential, I have no doubts that it will supprise all the skeptics and even surpass the expectations of the loyal!

Don't forget every Mustang to date has been enhanced greatly by the aftermarket .It won't take much at all to get over 600HP out of this thing. One of the nice things about having a Mustang is there are so many parts and accessories avalible to "make it youre own unique car".

I ,for one can't wait to get mine . Having owned a F-150 Lightning now for 5 years ,I know first hand what a supercharged 5.4 engine with 500 HP can do and it weighs 1000 lbs more than the Shelby.

I believe this car will have the best balance of raw power,handleing, and comfort of any Mustang before it! It will be a car that you will want to drive everyday but probably won't because you'll want to hang on to it for a long time.

I feel like a cheer leader but after those two magazines and all the negative coments about those numbers I think everyone needs to get a new perspective and get back on track thats all.

One side note: The GT500's performance in "One lap of America" was very good , it even scored higher than some Vipers and Z06s. It pulled .91-.92 on the skid pad too not too shabby.

You're a little late with this info ,it's been commented on alot . Many others ,like yourself are worried about these numbers .I don't worry at all. I give C& D and R&T no credability whatsoever. In my opinion they are always critical of American cars (espcially Ford )and pro european.

Now if MM&FF tested this car and came up with those numbers then I would be worried. The numbers that they gave indicate to me that there was absolutely no effort on their part to try to get the max out of this car. Even Motor Trend's test showed a much higher MPH and ET.

The real test will come when the car gets to the streets . This car has so much potential, I have no doubts that it will supprise all the skeptics and even surpass the expectations of the loyal!

Don't forget every Mustang to date has been enhanced greatly by the aftermarket .It won't take much at all to get over 600HP out of this thing. One of the nice things about having a Mustang is there are so many parts and accessories avalible to "make it youre own unique car".

I ,for one can't wait to get mine . Having owned a F-150 Lightning now for 5 years ,I know first hand what a supercharged 5.4 engine with 500 HP can do and it weighs 1000 lbs more than the Shelby.

I believe this car will have the best balance of raw power,handleing, and comfort of any Mustang before it! It will be a car that you will want to drive everyday but probably won't because you'll want to hang on to it for a long time.

I feel like a cheer leader but after those two magazines and all the negative coments about those numbers I think everyone needs to get a new perspective and get back on track thats all.

One side note: The GT500's performance in "One lap of America" was very good , it even scored higher than some Vipers and Z06s. It pulled .91-.92 on the skid pad too not too shabby.

Just be patient; you will see better numbers. Low 12's are a reality for a good driver.

I believe it was Motor Trend who said 13.8 was all you could get out of the 01 Cobra (yeah with there driver!). They were wrong! I got 13.6 and Evan Smith from MM&FF got 13.25....

Simple for me really. Wait til the MM&FF does a test!

I agree. However, the numbers just keep getting better: July 06' Issues of......

Road and Track - 0-60 time of 4.7

1/4 mile time of 13.1 @ 112.2 mph

Car and Driver - 0-60 time of 4.5

1/4 mile time of 12.9 @ 112-113 mph

Motor Trend - 0-60 time of 4.5

1/4 mile time of 12.7 @ 116 mph

Inside The Oval - 0-60 time of 4.3

1/4 mile time of 12.25 @ 117 mph

Like I said things are Looking Up!!! :woohoo:

I agree. However, the numbers just keep getting better: July 06' Issues of......

Road and Track - 0-60 time of 4.7

Like I said things are Looking Up!!! :woohoo:

Seems like shes going faster with break in!!! :hysterical::shift:

>Road and Track - 0-60 time of 4.7

That's the great thing about journalism. You can decide who's right & who's wrong.

Personally, I'm waiting for Automobile magazine. I hear they've got John Force in the GT500 and Jennifer Anniston in the 'Vette. Wait til you see those quarter-mile numbers!

>Road and Track - 0-60 time of 4.7

That's the great thing about journalism. You can decide who's right & who's wrong.

Personally, I'm waiting for Automobile magazine. I hear they've got John Force in the GT500 and Jennifer Anniston in the 'Vette. Wait til you see those quarter-mile numbers!

Sometimes it's not "right or wrong"...it's simply the environment. Outside air temp, humidity, elevation, track surface material, weight of driver, how full is fuel tank...we could go on and on. They all contribute to the variation in times...even when the exact same car is driven by the same driver.

Guys settle down dont worry i have raced cars my whole life, this car is bad ass, with its factory( under rated by the way) hp of 500 and torque rating this car will haul ass . it has good weight transfer add drag shocks remove the front swaybar for drag racing all you need is some tweaking and some drag radials or slicks depending on how much tweaking, boost raising, exhaust upgrade and computer tuning you plan to do. i also encourage a rear gear swap to at least 3:55 or 3:73,s for higway crusing and mpg,s 4:10,s are more extreme you will have a low 12 to mid 11 car depending on how you can drive, trust me on this. these little improvements are the mustang norm for most of us. For you other guys im shure ford will have some performance parts for this shelby from frpp, also a dyno tune wouldnt hurt either. this 5.4 could easily put out 650 to 700hp with minor mods. if you dont believe me ill see you guys at the track i run at englishtown NJ, lets run for pinks, i could use an extra gt500 in my shop (lol) if you need help with the upgrades and live in the NYC,NJ area contact JDM ENGINEERING in FREEHOLD NJ they specialize in ford peformance and race what they sell.

Guest evilchris

3900 lb car, performance is as expected.

People who expect 500HP to overcome the MASSIVE WEIGHT of this beast are idiots who have NO CLUE about performance and Mustangs.

.92G? A 5.0 with $1,500 of mods will beat this thing on the Skidpad.

3900 lb car, performance is as expected.

People who expect 500HP to overcome the MASSIVE WEIGHT of this beast are idiots who have NO CLUE about performance and Mustangs.

.92G? A 5.0 with $1,500 of mods will beat this thing on the Skidpad.

ANY car can be modded to outperform any given car, including the GT500, with enough money. Thanks for the insight, Captain Obvious.............

Where do you get your material - you should try out for "Last Comic Standing."

What is with the weight issue? a 1968 shelby weighed 3500 lbs and a 1971 BOSS 351 weighed 3800lbs. The 07 shelby has a heck of a lot more horsepower, technology and better tires. Nobody complains about the weight and performance on the old musclecars. If you don't like the new Shelby that is fine but why come to this site and worry about it?

What is with the weight issue? a 1968 shelby weighed 3500 lbs and a 1971 BOSS 351 weighed 3800lbs. The 07 shelby has a heck of a lot more horsepower, technology and better tires. Nobody complains about the weight and performance on the old musclecars. If you don't like the new Shelby that is fine but why come to this site and worry about it?

I agree. Personally, I'm buying this car because my wife is a Mustang nut and she's related to Carroll Shelby. She's always wanted a Shelby (probably hoping to get into his will :hysterical: ), and this is the first one we could afford. The car looks great and will perform better than any car I've ever owned. Sure it's a little heavy, but I'm not going to be racing it, so I really don't care.

:shift:

WELL,

That about sums it up I think!!!

Although, I'm sure the Grim Reaper, the Dark Spectre of Doom, will have some "insight"!!! :fan:

KingCobra.

Just be patient; you will see better numbers. Low 12's are a reality for a good driver.

I agree.

I got a little pissed too, (once again, sorry about all that guys) but realized that the numbers will come down. I like this car. A bunch. And if I have to work with it to get what I want, fine. I will be throwing my powertrain part of my warranty away on day one anyway! :happy feet: :shift: Now, to decide what mods to do once I get one (let alone finishing the nearly impossible color decision!!! :party: ), may have to wait it out to see some of you fellas different color combos. I really do like every single color combo Ive seen, so it makes it that much more difficult. For an example of what Im going through, I never really consiodered a Vista Blue car with the Tungsten stripes, and wasn't even sure what that would look like, or if I would like it.. Until I saw these.. :bandance: It's amazing!

attachment_1_2_.php.jpg

attachment_2_2_.php.jpg

attachment_1_.php.jpg

post-5427-1149170725_thumb.jpg

attachment_1_2_.php.jpg

attachment_2_2_.php.jpg

attachment_1_.php.jpg

post-5427-1149170725_thumb.jpg

I would suggest you all read the july motor trend.A much better article and peformance tests that were backed up by a few different drivers.4.5 0-60 and 12.7@116.when comparing the GT500 to a GTO and charger SRT8 they said regarding acceleration "But neither figure(0-60 and quarter) conveys the relentless urge of that supercharged 5.4 liter V-8 when you nail the gas.The GT500 is a full half second faster than either car from 45 to 60mph and more than 2 seconds quicker to 100mph.its fast". nuff said.

Oh and by the way,heavy sucks,but it seems like a trend these days.Ferrari 599GTB=3750lbs, jaguar XK=3756lbs, Lamborghini Murielago=3850lbs

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 1 2006, 04:19 AM) 16948[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

ANY car can be modded to outperform any given car, including the GT500, with enough money. Thanks for the insight, Captain Obvious.............

Where do you get your material - you should try out for "Last Comic Standing."

Well put five oh b :rockon: they shall see what these cars will do at the track

There was an article in either 5.0 or muscle mustangs/fast fords recently they got a new mustang gt with an auto trans with minor mods like cold air intake and a computer flash running low 13s in the quarter i even think it had the stock radials on it . even though the gt500 is heavier, the car will be a serious performer.

Archived