TEAM SHELBY FORUM

COLD WEATHER + FLORIDA SUNSHINE

1badsho

HIGH BOOST and perfect A/F ratio !!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Drove my " I AM LEGEND" shelbygt500 to work this am .. in about 45 degree weather with the sun on my face and of course NO SNOW !!!

I run two Auto Meter Gauges ... A/F and boost on my A pillar. Well .. I jumped on it twice on a back road .. broke loose in 1st , second and third .. with a highest ever boost reading of 14 PSI. It registered in May on the dyno 12.9

Best part was my A/F ratio. I had been running during the summer mths around 10.5 to 10.8 ... well this am. after i got into it . was right around 11.5-11.6 ....

Its amazing how temps play with both the boost and the A/F ratio. I had been thinking of getting the car leaned out some but it would run too lean in the winter mths here in florida so I think i will keep it right where it is

Don, I am down here in sunny Florida as I type, heading back to MI this afternoon to 18 inches of snow that dropped over the weekend. Ugh! However, I think I found a great deal on a home site in Estero? They will build a custom (somewhat) home to my specs here in a gated community. I am going home with the thought of "somehow" working this out. Not sure if you know the area, but it seems great. Oh well, hope to someday be your somewhat nearer neighbor!

Drove my " I AM LEGEND" shelbygt500 to work this am .. in about 45 degree weather with the sun on my face and of course NO SNOW !!!

Now, that is the way to deal with a Monday! I am in Southern California and I can see the smile on your face from here. B) Jim

Now, that is the way to deal with a Monday! I am in Southern California and I can see the smile on your face from here. B) Jim

Thanks Jim .... havent driven the car in over a week ... so it was nice to take her out ... and of course I am sure alot more people recognize the car with the I am Legend movie out ...

Gotta love that red and white !!!

Don, I am down here in sunny Florida as I type, heading back to MI this afternoon to 18 inches of snow that dropped over the weekend. Ugh! However, I think I found a great deal on a home site in Estero? They will build a custom (somewhat) home to my specs here in a gated community. I am going home with the thought of "somehow" working this out. Not sure if you know the area, but it seems great. Oh well, hope to someday be your somewhat nearer neighbor!

I just came back from a conference in Marco Island and my wife had me check-out a couple of properties in Naples and Estero. I used to live in Florida (Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale) but now reside in balmy New Jersey (I work in Manhatten). We are also in the market for another home in Florida. Good luck ---buyers are in demand!!

Regards,

Joe

I just came back from a conference in Marco Island and my wife had me check-out a couple of properties in Naples and Estero. I used to live in Florida (Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale) but now reside in balmy New Jersey (I work in Manhatten). We are also in the market for another home in Florida. Good luck ---buyers are in demand!!

Regards,

Joe

JOE

Right now your right .. its a real buyers market .. the housing market is really bad. Now is the time to buy !!!

JOE

Right now your right .. its a real buyers market .. the housing market is really bad. Now is the time to buy !!!

We can't wait to get back!! Whole different quality of life. Both my boat and GT500 are now winterized!!. Whats wrong with that picture! :banghead:

I'm jealous of you guy's!!

Regards,

Joe

I run two Auto Meter Gauges ... A/F and boost on my A pillar. Well .. I jumped on it twice on a back road .. broke loose in 1st , second and third .. with a highest ever boost reading of 14 PSI. It registered in May on the dyno 12.9

Best part was my A/F ratio. I had been running during the summer mths around 10.5 to 10.8 ... well this am. after i got into it . was right around 11.5-11.6 ....

Got any pics of the A-Pillar with Gauges?

you know it Don

it's awesome isn't it :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Lonnie .. you aint kidding ... :happy feet:

This is the best time of the year in Florida ... no bugs ... no rain ... and COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL weather ...

Sent a e-mail of prayers to for Evelyn too !

Got any pics of the A-Pillar with Gauges?

Joe ... sure .....

post-7556-1197914031_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1197914031_thumb.jpg

Lonnie .. you aint kidding ... :happy feet:

This is the best time of the year in Florida ... no bugs ... no rain ... and COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL weather ...

Sent a e-mail of prayers to for Evelyn too !

My S H E L B Y wants to go out real bad

Thanks Don

The prayers are helping

Lonnie .. I hear ya .. going down to Ft myers tonight for a real small car show ... ought to be pretty darn cold too !

Lonnie .. I hear ya .. going down to Ft myers tonight for a real small car show ... ought to be pretty darn cold too !

Don,

Hope you take some pictures at the show. Since most of us northerners will not be attending a car show any time soon, perhaps we can view some pics of the southern shows this winter!! Just to get our fix :happy feet:

Regards,

Joe

Drove the Shelby in to Winter Haven today to buy a couple trucks and look at a used Vette. I really enjoyed the day. I don't know if it was because of getting to drive the Shelby, the sunny day or the killer deal's I found or because it was my first day off for 2 weeks. ?

Now if I would have just gotten a shot of leg this morning it would have been perfect!!

Don,

Hope you take some pictures at the show. Since most of us northerners will not be attending a car show any time soon, perhaps we can view some pics of the southern shows this winter!! Just to get our fix :happy feet:

Regards,

Joe

Joe got there about 7:15 and everybody pretty much left around 7:30 .... was way too cold. But what I will do is take a pict of my car in front of my house in sunny florida ... with NO snow as a back drop ! !

Yes the weather is nice, I put my car on the dyno last night and saw 601RWHP SAE corrected, and 630RWHP uncorrected. However, my AF did not change from when I tuned it last week and it was making 580-590rwhp in the warmer air. AF should not change, as the MAF sensor is mass air based, so it sees differences in temp and pressure as additional air mass and adds additional fuel.

Joe,

It would be great to meet you. As Bob used to say, " Come on Down!!!".

Can't wait to get back. I spent 7 years living in Florida. You know what they say......once you get sand between your toes, no other place will feel quite right :hysterical2:

Next time I am heading down, I'll send you guy's a note.

Regards,

Joe

Archived