TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thinking about a Shelby GT, a few questions????????

William Rodgers

I like the White 2007, but heard the 2007's have had some problems with the hood scoop and the hood pins. I know these were fixed in 2008. Can the 2007 hood pins be changed to the updated 2008? Also, what is everyone doing about the hood scoop? Any other issues or reasons you think I should look at 2008 instead of 2007? I like the white and blue, not a big fan of black, I promised myself I would never own another black car. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Bill

I like the White 2007, but heard the 2007's have had some problems with the hood scoop and the hood pins. I know these were fixed in 2008. Can the 2007 hood pins be changed to the updated 2008? Also, what is everyone doing about the hood scoop? Any other issues or reasons you think I should look at 2008 instead of 2007? I like the white and blue, not a big fan of black, I promised myself I would never own another black car. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Bill

There is a fix out for the hood that appears to be effective and the upgraded hood pins are available from Shelby Perfomance Parts. Everyone knows that the black ones are faster but their are lots of whte ones still available j/k

Hood pins are an easy fix through the Shelby Performance Parts catalog. The early run 07 cars had some issues with the scoop. They have been addressed and there is a fix. In the end it's all about what you like. The 08's have all of the fixes and new hood pins specific to the 08. Good luck on your decission. They are awesome cars. You will love it, no matter what color you choose.

There is very little difference between 07 and 08. If you buy a 07 any issues with the hood scoop will be repaired under warranty. So now it is down to color and price. You should be able to buy a 07 for invoice or possibly even less (x, y, plan etc). Good Luck. I won't throw gas on the fire re the different colors. At least not now! It is all about personal preference and what you imagine yourself keeping for the next 40 years!

There is a fix out for the hood that appears to be effective and the upgraded hood pins are available from Shelby Perfomance Parts. Everyone knows that the black ones are faster but their are lots of whte ones still available j/k

Not only are the black ones faster..........they get better gas milage also! :hysterical:

I told myself years ago that I'd never but a black car again, well I did(black SGT) so don't let that stop you.

I know what you mean, I tried to buy one from my local dealership and at the time he wanted 15K over so I bought mine online from Calif. Now the local dealership has a black one packed outside with rusted rotors, lifting scoop, bent hood pins and the still have it marked severl thousand over msrp. I guess they will never learn.

Thanks,

Bill

Nutty,

The 07' come black/silver or white/silver, just a slight correction because you stated that you liked the blue and white colors which are only offered on the 500's

The hood scoop issue has been resolved, but if you happen to buy one and have a problem with it, the fix is easy, or you can just dodge the bullet altogether and purchase the optional CS6/GTH hood instead.

Although I have not heard about the hood pin issue that you mentioned in your post, nor have I personally had any issue or problem with the original pins on my SGT, there are Billet hood pins are available through Shelby Parts. The pins offered have the generic "SHELBY" engraved in them, whereas the 2008 SGT's come with specific pins that have "SHELBY GT" on them and are exclusive to the 2008 SGT cars.

Oh, BTW, don't listen to black vs. white BS here, because everyone knows that the white cars are faster than the black ones. If they weren't, why did they only offer WHITE and blue GT350's back in the 60's?

There is a Black 07SGT5335 Auto Trans and a Blue 08SGT0624 Man Trans at the Dealer where I got my Black SGT5123. Both are stickered at @$44k but they will sell each for $37k, which is what I paid... The 08 doesn't have the Shelby gauges and the 07 does.

Any way you go, you'll be happy! :happy feet:

my .02 Get Black, Pain to keep clean, but look viscous when clean!

As has already been stated, if you have an issue with the scoop the 08 scoop will installed under warranty. I don't know of any hood-pin issues other than some have a ring that pops but it too is fixed under warranty. The 08' have a different style hood pin, but to tell you the truth, I like the looks of the 07' pins better! More retro but that's me.

You'll get better pricing on an 07 obviously but be sure to look for things like the Interior Upgrade Package, Shaker 1000 or Nav, Active-Alarm, Heated Seats,etc., options you may want and should pay attention to when comparing prices. IF THEY ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU. Many people end up looking to add things like the IUP stearing wheel etc., not knowing it was an option, etc.

Good luck either rway!

-Jeff

P.S. The white really is faster...

Nutty,

The 07' come black/silver or white/silver, just a slight correction because you stated that you liked the blue and white colors which are only offered on the 500's

The hood scoop issue has been resolved, but if you happen to buy one and have a problem with it, the fix is easy, or you can just dodge the bullet altogether and purchase the optional CS6/GTH hood instead.

Although I have not heard about the hood pin issue that you mentioned in your post, nor have I personally had any issue or problem with the original pins on my SGT, there are Billet hood pins are available through Shelby Parts. The pins offered have the generic "SHELBY" engraved in them, whereas the 2008 SGT's come with specific pins that have "SHELBY GT" on them and are exclusive to the 2008 SGT cars.

Oh, BTW, don't listen to black vs. white BS here, because everyone knows that the white cars are faster than the black ones. If they weren't, why did they only offer WHITE and blue GT350's back in the 60's?

Sorry, I meant the Blue 2008 and the White 2007, I should have clarified that.

Black is hard to get to perfection but is beautiful when done.

White is easier to clean because you can't see where you missed spots and wax residue so.....

People with pride have the black cars. Lazy people drive white ones. I'm surprised SAI even built white ones with stick shifts!

:fan:

:hysterical2:

You're killin me :hysterical2:

I bought my son a White '07 Shelby GT, car #35. We took it out to Vegas because the striping on the hood scoop was imperfect. While the guys out there tried to fix it, it actually came out worse than when we took it over there. I talked to Gary about the hood pins since my son had one of the first cars made there, and he said it will be more valuable leaving the thinner ones on. I bought his idea. Gary tried to convince me the imperfections make the car more valuable - whatever that is worth...

Looks like most of your questions are answered. No matter what you choose, you will be happy as hell.

I see you've been here since Feb but now that you'll be buying one, welcome to the family.

When ready, contact Michael Morris on this forum. He's the best and most honest/reliable Ford salesman/dealer in the country and can help get you what you want/need.

In 65 they only offered white, Blue stripes optional.

1966 they offered Raven Black, Wimbeldon White, Sapphire blue, Ivy Green Metallic, candy apple red.

If anyone is curious why the original GT-350s were white with blue stripes:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpost.php...amp;postcount=1

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpost.php...amp;postcount=5

When ready, contact Michael Morris on this forum. He's the best and most honest/reliable Ford salesman/dealer in the country and can help get you what you want/need.

I agree.

The dealership we have two 200+ Mustang and Ford car shows every year couldn't find us the '08 SGT we wanted.

Michael found one with no problem. We flew in to Macon, GA on a Saturday morning and drove it back home.

MM, are there pics of you with that "other" MM oOo you saw recently?

im sure it has been posted on here, but not on this thread. the 07 SGT has 0% for 60 months and 1.9% for 72 months. i do have a black 5 speed on the showroom if your interested. it is completed loaded except for NAV.

let me know if i can help

michael morris

theres a dealer very close to me that has a white one if you would rather go that way.

I agree.

The dealership we have two 200+ Mustang and Ford car shows every year couldn't find us the '08 SGT we wanted.

Michael found one with no problem. We flew in to Macon, GA on a Saturday morning and drove it back home.

MM, are there pics of you with that "other" MM oOo you saw recently?

H

we have been there SO MANY times we dont take many pics anymore, but we did have a GREAT time. thanks for asking

michael morris

What is the CS6/GTH hood? Factory or after market hood option?

Thanks

It's a Shelby factory option, and it's the hood that comes on the Hertz rental cars. See the photo of the Hertz Shelby in the banner at the top of this page? That's the hood.

Archived