TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MIA Dash Plaque

BryGuy

Bryan,

I waited almost as long recently. I ordered 8/22/07 and the plaque was delivered 11/26/07. I'd give them a call and ask what's up just in case they misplaced your order.

Good Luck

I emailed customer service the first of November and they said it would be another 3-4 weeks. Five weeks later.... I did just sent another email this afternoon. I hope Santa doesn't let me down.

:waiting:

It's worth the wait.... just make sure you coat yours "before" you put it on your dash. :banghead:

I think the first batch us waited just about as long then boom, one day, they all started coming in.

There were only about a dozen dash plaque threads. :doh:

It's worth the wait.... just make sure you coat yours "before" you put it on your dash. :banghead:

I think the first batch us waited just about as long then boom, one day, they all started coming in.

+1

Could you go over the procedure to seal them without making the signature run???

Some of the originals used everything from an all out paint gun with clear, to some using a UV protected clear in the can and laying down very light, thin coats...and keeping it completely flat during the process.

I did that and used a nice 500 watt halogen light to keep it nice and toasty after I'd spray each coat.

Of course I got the UV because it's in a vert and I do keep my top down quite a bit.

Hope this helps.

Could you go over the procedure to seal them without making the signature run???

A small strip of 3M clear bra works great. I covered the signature only, and it completely protects it from cleaners. Same stuff that is used on the leading edges of hoods and fenders. No worries about spray-on chemicals ruining the signature. Some paint shops will have scraps of the stuff laying around.

A small strip of 3M clear bra works great. I covered the signature only, and it completely protects it from cleaners. Same stuff that is used on the leading edges of hoods and fenders. No worries about spray-on chemicals ruining the signature. Some paint shops will have scraps of the stuff laying around.

Hey great idea , how is that applied?

Hey great idea , how is that applied?

It is a tough, clear plastic film that simply applies like packing tape. It is not hard at all on such a small surface, and I did it without using any application aids like soapy water or sticker-on. I got a small strip of it at a local body shop that had some scrap laying around. I am sure that this will protect the signature for almost eternity, as it is made for outside applications. It is barley noticeable when applied correctly. Sorry for the late reply.

It is a tough, clear plastic film that simply applies like packing tape. It is not hard at all on such a small surface, and I did it without using any application aids like soapy water or sticker-on. I got a small strip of it at a local body shop that had some scrap laying around. I am sure that this will protect the signature for almost eternity, as it is made for outside applications. It is barley noticeable when applied correctly. Sorry for the late reply.

pics?

pics?

Here are 2 pictures of my dash placque with 3M clear bra. Sorry, been gone over the holiday. There is almost no way to screw this up, and you can even pull it back off if you do. I don't think its possible to hurt the signature doing this, and you can clean right over it when you are done. Seems like a perfect solution.

post-120-1198702962_thumb.jpg

post-120-1198702978_thumb.jpg

post-120-1198702962_thumb.jpg

post-120-1198702978_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the picture s. Could you cover the whole plague with this clear bra?

You could easily do that, but I was concerned with how it would look. The material is designed to adhere to the surface, and I was concerned with how it would look over the indented lettering. I am very pleased with the outcome, and it was easy.

How will the adhesive affect the signature over time? The adhesive may break down and disolve the signature.

I am not sure about this, but I really doubt it would ever happen. Seems about 700 times less likely than dissolving the signature by covering it with coats of fresh paint. Plus, get a run in the paint and you have effectively ruined your placque. Screw up the claer bra and simply pull it off and try again!

Archived