TEAM SHELBY FORUM

mark up

LDWLK

The best I have been able to find is $5000 over msrp and their sold out for both years. Most dealers I've talked to have a long list of people interested... if you got msrp buy it! You can allways sell it if you have to. there will be many more buyers than cars available. I dont think the pricing will go down $10,000 over is the best I can do and get a car but a need to make up my mind today or it goes to the next guy...$58,000 plus tax is a whole lot of cash for any car.

If you want it, here's the way to do it: Put up a deposit on the best deal you can get. Make sure it is refundable if you do not take delivery of the car.

Then order the car and watch the prices. When you car comes in, if your price is still good then close the deal. If prices have come down, renegotiate with the dealer or let the deal pass and go somewhere else.

You can be upfront with your dealer if you wish. I've put up a couple of deposits, have made sure they're refundable, and have agreed on a small markup above MSRP (for 2008) but have told the dealer I won't order the car at that price if the prices have come down dramatically. My situation is a little different because I would expect a relatively short lead time between order and delivery. For 2007, a lot of dealers are taking orders but won't deliver cars for 9-10 months...and a lot can happen to pricing during that time.

Remember, dealers are playing the same game with you. They're often rushing to take orders with a big ADM to lock you in at today's price...they're concerned that the pricing will come off 9 months from now. I negotiated a deal a couple of weeks ago to buy a 2007 for $5k over MSRP...and the dealer was hot to get a $5000 deposit and get the order in ("...we have to do it this week...I need your deposit...etc...."). I thought about it a while and walked on the deal since I'm pretty confident ADM will come down dramatically in the next 12 months.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

If you want it, here's the way to do it: Put up a deposit on the best deal you can get. Make sure it is refundable if you do not take delivery of the car.

Then order the car and watch the prices. When you car comes in, if your price is still good then close the deal. If prices have come down, renegotiate with the dealer or let the deal pass and go somewhere else.

You can be upfront with your dealer if you wish. I've put up a couple of deposits, have made sure they're refundable, and have agreed on a small markup above MSRP (for 2008) but have told the dealer I won't order the car at that price if the prices have come down dramatically. My situation is a little different because I would expect a relatively short lead time between order and delivery. For 2007, a lot of dealers are taking orders but won't deliver cars for 9-10 months...and a lot can happen to pricing during that time.

Remember, dealers are playing the same game with you. They're often rushing to take orders with a big ADM to lock you in at today's price...they're concerned that the pricing will come off 9 months from now. I negotiated a deal a couple of weeks ago to buy a 2007 for $5k over MSRP...and the dealer was hot to get a $5000 deposit and get the order in ("...we have to do it this week...I need your deposit...etc...."). I thought about it a while and walked on the deal since I'm pretty confident ADM will come down dramatically in the next 12 months.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

Thanks for the advice and the two dealers Ive been talking to now both want large deposits...will keep trying Does anyone know if it is legal to take a deposit in Ohio and then sell for more than MSRP? I have been told by another dealer that it wasnt legal and they would have to sell it for MSRP.

Guest evilchris

DO NOT PAY ADM FOR THIS CAR.

CASE IN POINT:

2002 Thunderbird, 15k ADM, 60k out the door. Now worth 20k MAX.

The "Shelby" will NOT hold value, period. Don't fall prey to the morons on this forum who think it's a $100,000 car.

hey wazz up i was wondering if there is going to be a gt 500 for 2008 since i got my order in for the 2007

hey man just wandering is there going to be a gt 500 for 2008 i just got a order done for mines there pretty easy to get to down here at los angeles california even got the color i wanted

hey wazz up i was wondering if there is going to be a gt 500 for 2008 since i got my order in for the 2007

hey man just wandering is there going to be a gt 500 for 2008 i just got a order done for mines there pretty easy to get to down here at los angeles california even got the color i wanted

There will be a 2008 Shelby mustang. They are easy to get here as well as long as you're willing to pay $10000 to $20000 over sticker! I'm not willing to do so think it's very foolhardy. Can stand paying MSRP, I might not be able to get a car but it won't kill me. P.S. its only a two year run for mustang gt500 with Shelby sports car 2010 $70000 to $80000 dollar car but may cost more by then

Archived