TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Insuring the baby...

85gt

Has anyone run the object of all our affections by their insurance agent yet? The extra couple of thou that Ford has finally clued us into may pale by comparison to what it costs to get coverage. I can just imagine them salivating into 55 gallon drums at the hidious surcharge factor they plan to charge on this gem. I bet most of 'em will try their best to magically overlook the ABS, Standard Exploding Interior, and Traction Control. I'd be curious to get some feedback on this. I know when I bought my GT in the prehistoric era, I remember T/A's and Zip28's were DOUBLE what the rate was on the GT. And those cars were barely breaking 200 HP.

Has anyone run the object of all our affections by their insurance agent yet? The extra couple of thou that Ford has finally clued us into may pale by comparison to what it costs to get coverage. I can just imagine them salivating into 55 gallon drums at the hidious surcharge factor they plan to charge on this gem. I bet most of 'em will try their best to magically overlook the ABS, Standard Exploding Interior, and Traction Control. I'd be curious to get some feedback on this. I know when I bought my GT in the prehistoric era, I remember T/A's and Zip28's were DOUBLE what the rate was on the GT. And those cars were barely breaking 200 HP.

I know that there was a topic started some time ago on this site on the insurance prices. I tried to look for it could not find it. Sorry man. I dont have any info yet. I know other people will. :shift:

Archived