TEAM SHELBY FORUM

***Helping Evelynn***

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Target Home Date Feb 11 :happy feet:

SS - I spent a couple hours with a couple we go to dinner with quite regularly. They had their first child at age 42. They are now up to 3 lbs. 10 ounces and starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. Their ordeal started 12/23.

Hang in there. We're all thinking of you.

HSURB

SS - I spent a couple hours with a couple we go to dinner with quite regularly. They had their first child at age 42. They are now up to 3 lbs. 10 ounces and starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. Their ordeal started 12/23.

Hang in there. We're all thinking of you.

HSURB

this has been a wild ride for sure

My extended SU family and especially Just Tony has provided such insight into this whole event

I can't imagine what kind of basket case my bride and I would have been without you guys

Thanks

I agree, SS. This "family" has been invaluable to me, too. And to others. I can't even imagine what state I'd be in without all of them. And the reality is - I'll never be able to thank them all in person. I wish that I could. Now THAT would be a party.

Hi SS Gramps, :)

Just wanted to let you know that Evelynn is in my thoughts everyday and I am glad she is growing more everyday. :happy feet: God Bless Her!! :grouphug:

Soory so long without an update

Evelynn is doing great

Mom got to feed her for the first time a couple days ago

3 pounds 7 ounces

I have some more pix, I have to wait until I get home to post them

I have a friend whose wife delivered at 26 weeks. Daniel weighed a whopping 1 lb 4 ounces at birth. Barely alive.

They used a controversial drug on him. COFFEE! :happy feet:

Today Daniel is 13 years old, 5'6, 140 lbs.

God works in mysterious ways. I too pray that Evelynn develops and grows into the fine person God meant her to be.

Sending Positive Energy her way SS! :happy feet:

I have a friend whose wife delivered at 26 weeks. Daniel weighed a whopping 1 lb 4 ounces at birth. Barely alive.

They used a controversial drug on him. COFFEE! :happy feet:

Today Daniel is 13 years old, 5'6, 140 lbs.

God works in mysterious ways. I too pray that Evelynn develops and grows into the fine person God meant her to be.

Sending Positive Energy her way SS! :happy feet:

WOW, 26 weeks is brutal, At that point I would stop believing in miracles, I would depend on them.

Thanks for the prayers and positive energy, I know you know it helps.

Just sent another email! :happy feet:

You’re the best Ruf thanks. All of the emails have helped big time

Does she get to go home at 5 lbs?

I think my son had to be at least 5lbs to go home?

I think that used to be the target, now they focus on them meeting the required milestones... any involuntary toggle between breath, suck, swallow, being able to eat all her food through a nipple, and certain other functions. Most preemies I assume are around 5 pounds when that happens but for some it's less. In Evelynn's case she will most likely be a little over 4 pounds. The Dr said to expect her to be able to come home in about 2 weeks, that’s about 2 weeks before her scheduled due date. We are all very excited about that. :happy feet:

I have PIX

just a reminder of when she was born 11-27. That's my son n laws wedding band on Evelynn's wrist

th_WI1gLbh318rzPpbWOOV8YJiW4358lha0300.jpg

th_CePNwuLN-fpTZRQ9cUvBzlolYxBgogi0300.jpg

th_WeddingBand.jpg

Archived