TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Knight Rider pictures - Man did they turn that GT500 into a hoopty!

http://media.tv.ign.com/media/142/14220045/imgs_1.html

Couple shots look OK, then there are some where Kit is ruined with a double level wing. :redcard: I don't know what button he pushed to make that happen, but he should never ever push it again.

Rice detected on a non-rice vehicle - 10 yard penalty - you may not re-do the first down, leave the field in disgrace. :redcard::redcard:

also .... it shows a regular grill and one almost blocked off with some plastic shade of some sort ... how in the hell do u get airflow in to cool the motor ..

I wonder why they are displaying two different cars. One with black rims and huge RICER spoiler and the other with chrome rims and no spoiler? Perhaps they haven't decided on the final version?

Nah, I think those are different looks for the car. Kit in the original would get a few different looks, like super pursuit mode with a bunch of goofy fins, offroad mode. I bet they just have the chrome on for driving around then somehow magically he changes to the black rims?

Or maybe that's the car stock, then they modify it and ruin it?

Hard to say at this point.

For what it worth, all of the cars are being modded through Galpin Auto Sports (GAS). Some will be static shot cars, some will be stunt/action/long shot cars (but not used in shots that would thrash them), and some will used in the action shots that will get the crap beaten out of them (V6 cars).

It's Hollywood; where almost everything is an illusion!

So, who else agrees that the KR hood on this car looks much nicer than the SS hood?

I bet you Ford will have this KR hood available for sale soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it is in my future, think of it this way, remember the 00R, that was a very limited car (300)and that hood was very whored out!

I say don't settle for the SS hood, wait for the KR hood :D

So, who else agrees that the KR hood on this car looks much nicer than the SS hood?

I bet you Ford will have this KR hood available for sale soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it is in my future, think of it this way, remember the 00R, that was a very limited car (300)and that hood was very whored out!

I say don't settle for the SS hood, wait for the KR hood :D

I agree chuck KR hood is awsome...... very retro. :yup:

I guess I have to check out the movie and series anyway!! ...even tho the ricer doo-dads are a big turn-off <lol> I guess you need that when you have to morph into a 300mph obstacle-jumping automaton ;)

Great promo op captured by Ford nonetheless! :happy feet: Such things have a tendency to root a brand for a whole generation. I figure I can tolerate some ricer looks to capture the hearts and minds of untold future Ford fans ;-)

Here's Ford's media release on this today... gives some insight into the bigger promo picture: most every Ford vehicle will be shown, Sync system to be featured, etc... There will be three different versions of KITT (one an automatic based on the GT); Galpin Auto Sports (GAS -- that did the S197 Boss-crate BOSS-302 at SEMA 2006 for the Ford tent) built KITT in one week!

Dan

http://media.tv.ign.com/media/142/14220045/imgs_1.html

Couple shots look OK, then there are some where Kit is ruined with a double level wing. :redcard: I don't know what button he pushed to make that happen, but he should never ever push it again.

Rice detected on a non-rice vehicle - 10 yard penalty - you may not re-do the first down, leave the field in disgrace. :redcard::redcard:

Here is the video that shows the 3 GT 500 KR being used for the knight rider.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/b...bctid1342099550

Archived