TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm hearing something strange in the distance.....

moabman

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, looks like it has superb aero.

I've been meaning to post it for several months but then couldn't find where I saved it :doh: I think the pic is modern from the clothes/shoes of the folks behind the fence.

Very CIA-like to notice the shoes Dan!

Of course aero as in low drag coefficient. They were not so hot on down-force. The modern Audi generates 3000 lbs of down-force at speed; the GT40 Mk IV generated 40 lbs of lift at speed. :redcard:

Remember Jim Hall's Chaparral fan car? They would turn the fans on and it would lower noticeably. That predated the explosion in ground effects engineering.

We could take pictures at the track! And maybe I'll be able to get in a little track time of my own :happy feet:

Do you have a helmet? I need to buy one. Anyone have a recommendation?

I'm not going to do many hot laps with the brakes I've got. That's my weak link. Darkside said if he upgrades, I can have his OEM Shelby500 rotors/calipers.

Mark - have you registered for the drag strip day?

I officially nominate Dan as our photographer! :happy feet:

I need to think about a helmet! The alternative is a loaner. Wearing a loaner helmet isn't as bad as wearing a rental wetsuit :hysterical2:

My track time will have to be stealthy (remember convertible) but I think it could happen.

After spending all that time in my engine compartment over the last week, I realized it needs to be cleaned and I bow to the expert - how do you clean yours?

:hysterical2:Expert! Ha. I drive mine every day! I'm not a detailer. When I go to car shows, I just get out the rag and spray and have at it! To me, if someone's engine bay is too clean - they aren't driving the car!

I'm not going to use a helmet much - but if I buy one - I'll wear it now and then on the street and get some looks from people! :hysterical2:

Edit - you can run the road course with your top up. No problem! I asked them for Orf.

Very CIA-like to notice the shoes Dan!

Of course aero as in low drag coefficient. They were not so hot on down-force. The modern Audi generates 3000 lbs of down-force at speed; the GT40 Mk IV generated 40 lbs of lift at speed. :redcard:

Remember Jim Hall's Chaparral fan car? They would turn the fans on and it would lower noticeably. That predated the explosion in ground effects engineering.

Yeah!! I saw it at Watkins Glenn Can-Am in the late 60s(??) -- pretty amazing ... didn't take them long to ban it ...it was like a reverse-hovercraft!! :hysterical: ...the Chaparral 2J?

Weather cleared and drove some more today. The torque is awesome! I'm a little worried about the tranny - when it's shifting under boost there is a real snap to the gear change. It literally whips my head back and even with the TC on it, breaks the tires loose at a 50 mph downshift. These Michelins are great and have tons of grip and I have the A/S. I can't even imagine how much the dry Sports would have.

I saw a grabber orange that had a boss 302 stripe job and a shaker hood and I just kind of chuckled because I'm sure he had no idea what my plain GT convertible was sporting. Stealth-it's a good thing...... :superhero:

Archived