TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm hearing something strange in the distance.....

moabman

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It started! But I had to shut it right down :banghead: I left the two old alternator mounting studs sticking out and they interfered with the supercharger pully. I may have to pull the supercharger to get them out. Scratch that - I'll cut the two studs with a hacksaw blade and then back out the remainder. They aren't needed because the alternator was relocated.

It did run so the electrical system is OK. I didn't get to rev it but you better believe I will tomorrow :happy feet:

Can't get the hacksaw blade in to cut the stud so now plan B. The pulley is held on by 4 bolts and isn't pressed onto the shaft. I'll try removing the belt and pulley and the stud. I need to remove the belt anyway because the stud acted like a cutter on a lathe and removed some aluminum from the back of the pulley in nice long cuttings and I need to see if any got immbedded in the belt.

My traction control has suddenly stopped working :happy feet:

The boost is immediate and acceleration is just what I was hoping for.

The report that the twin screw is a "quiet" supercharger must be relative - the whine is addictive.

Finally :happy feet:

More later....

My traction control has suddenly stopped working :happy feet:

The boost is immediate and acceleration is just what I was hoping for.

The report that the twin screw is a "quiet" supercharger must be relative - the whine is addictive.

Finally :happy feet:

More later....

Congrats!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: Now start up a savings fund for all those tires you will be buying!!! :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

:woohoo: :happy feet: :headspin: :bandance: :headspin: :happy feet: :woohoo:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Way to go Mark!!! Midrange torque monster!

If you eventually swap that FRP tune out for a custom one (does Evo have a canned one for that?) I bet there's more available in both power and throttle response. :happy feet: ;-)

:speedie:

I'm running JDM's 475 hp tune and the throttle is pretty responsive. :happy feet: After I have driven it for a while and can analyze the response, I would like to call Jim and ask about some of the details of the tune.

Ah, right! That makes sense... I forgot where you got her ;-)

You and Bryan should be a good match -- you've got more low-mid grunt and Bryan has 4.10s to your 3.73 ...interesting match. ;-)

Careful, Mark. 475 at the wheels is getting close to the edge....

What size are your rear tires?

I agree!!! When I asked EVO about getting a supercharger for my car they said 475 rwhp is about the max for the stock internals. Even though JDM is a good outfit and has yet to blow an engine I'd be a little nervous at that power level.

The JDM 475 tune is at the crank so I'm probably around 410-420 at the wheels. However, it got a little sideways with the TC on on a dry concrete surface so I have some learning to do. I'm going to try to take it up to Texas World Speedway and get used to the new characteristics. It has made a huge, very exciting difference.

Don't think I could give Ruf a good run unless we were just cruising and then punched it and any lead would only be temporary. My Mustang is a vert so I'm probably 250 lbs more, less hp, and less gear - doesn't take a genius to predict I would quickly have and excellent view of the South end of the Rufstang heading North :hysterical2:

It would be great fun to cruise together though - Tulsa?

Archived