TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm hearing something strange in the distance.....

moabman

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool your jets stealth boy! I'll take a full set of the install. :hysterical:

But, I've been looking through the boxes and I can't find the inter-cooler heat exchanger. I found the pump and the reservoir but no heat exchanger. Better e-mail them and ask where it is. I had to lift up the unit (supercharger, inter-cooler, snorkle, and inlet runners) and I would estimate it weighs about 85 lbs.

Great choice on the blower Moabman. I want to put the Saleen blower on the GT as well. Which pulley are you going with? I usually make a trip to NJ once a year to visit grandparents so I have talked to the guys at JDM about doing the install for me. I have been very impressed with everybody I have spoken with at JDM. The Saleen rep I met at a car show here in NC spoke very highly of them as well.

Question on the LCA bearings. I have read where several people who have put blowers on their GTs have mentioned needing to replace the LCA bearings. What causes this and what is a suitable replacement?

Think they are talking about the LCA (lower control arms) bushings not bearings. The added torque on a positive dispalcement blower is awesome and can take it's toll on the bushings. My brother-in-law has a Whipple high boost and has trashed his bushings (but I don't know if he knows it yet). The torque causes several twisting moments that the rear suspension controls. The bushings tend to deform and the stock bushings just can't handle the stress and shear. New LCAs usually have much improved bushings that can handle the punishment.

Great choice on the blower Moabman. I want to put the Saleen blower on the GT as well. Which pulley are you going with? I usually make a trip to NJ once a year to visit grandparents so I have talked to the guys at JDM about doing the install for me. I have been very impressed with everybody I have spoken with at JDM. The Saleen rep I met at a car show here in NC spoke very highly of them as well.

Question on the LCA bearings. I have read where several people who have put blowers on their GTs have mentioned needing to replace the LCA bearings. What causes this and what is a suitable replacement?

It seems to be only the BMR bushings that are failing. :shrug:

But they are all in there! :headspin:

Thought you would get a kick out of that! :hysterical:

With both girls home, 3 dogs, two 6'+ Germans, and an extra F-150 in the driveway in addition to the Explorer and Mustang in the garage, space is at a premium around here. Plus I would have to pack them all up again tomorrow when I take the car to the Garage so boxes will have to do until we unpack them there.

When we do, I promise there will be more pictures :happy feet:

hey now don't blame it on the germans :hysterical2:

:hysterical2:

I can't because they have all (the two young men and my daughter) left yesterday for a trip to Monterey, Mexico. They were excellent ambassadors for your country and a pleasure to host. We feel so fortunate to have been able to share our Christmas with them. My daughter had brought back lots of goodies from the Christmas market in Frankfurt for them and I was also invited to try some of the traditional German Christmas treats. I especially liked the Gluehwein after midnight mass on Christmas!

So many of our Christmas traditions in the U.S. are from Germany that I hope it made them feel a little "at home" because they were far from their homes and families. Of course, their English was perfect and unfortunately my German was non-existant. At least my daughter speaks it very well......

Ummm....not sure! Snoop had 07AlloyGT's son in his car today on a 4 lane. There was a left hand sweeper coming up. We were behind by about 300 feet. Snoop jumped on it and was slicing and dicing through the turn and was...Gone! Took my breath away! :hysterical2:

It was a gentle turn - but with the hp he's got - I don't think I'd be that aggressive! I mean when he passed me on the two lane - wow. The car screams. And I'm not driving a Prius! :hysterical2:

Ummm....not sure! Snoop had 07AlloyGT's son in his car today on a 4 lane. There was a left hand sweeper coming up. We were behind by about 300 feet. Snoop jumped on it and was slicing and dicing through the turn and was...Gone! Took my breath away! :hysterical2:

It was a gentle turn - but with the hp he's got - I don't think I'd be that aggressive! I mean when he passed me on the two lane - wow. The car screams. And I'm not driving a Prius! :hysterical2:

It's my understanding Ruf that Snoop has quite a few suspension mods done to his car so it should handle pretty good even though it is heavier. Even my GT with all the suspension mods I've done has excellent handling. I can't wait to get my Watts Link installed this spring. I think Snoop was going the same route so his car will have even more stick than it does now if he does.

Ours should handle a bit better given equal suspension mods - it's the weight distribution. They are something like 60-40 and we are a sweet 51-49 (before blowers.) :happy feet:

True but I don't think the advantage is as great as one might think.

On a side note I found this on Steeda's site if you want to make that weight distribution a little more even:

Steeda Light Weight Radiator Support

And, it's only for us GT guys!!! :happy feet:

You know the OEM Shelby blowers are loud. Christine was on the cell with my buddy Virgil (who had lunch with us today) when Snoop came blasting by me. I wasn't watching my mirror! Christine asked Virigil if he heard that. He said. ""hell yes!" :hysterical2:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived