TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Gas Cap from SAI

ShelbyPilot

After months of asking and sometimes pleading Amy has given the go ahead to an exclusive faux gas cap for the Shelby GT. After several different ideas a member on Shelbyautos posted a prototype that seemed to make almost everybody happy. Amy posted today that they have been ordered. Thank You Amy.

ShelbyGTCap3.jpg

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?sho...3119&st=200

After months of asking and sometimes pleading Amy has given the go ahead to an exclusive faux gas cap for the Shelby GT. After several different ideas a member on Shelbyautos posted a prototype that seemed to make almost everybody happy. Amy posted today that they have been ordered. Thank You Amy.

ShelbyGTCap3.jpg

How long until they come in? Will they be available through the Mod Shops?

Is it just me but doesn't it look like the snake has an excessive overbite? Almost makes it dorky looking, kinda like a dorkfish. Never seen a Dorkfish? You catch em' on a Corn Dog...they just love Corn Dogs! :hysterical2::hysterical2:

The blue collar comedy boys and girls here know what I'm talking about, right? :yup:

No, :doh: you don't know? Well then, HERE'S YOUR SIGN! :hysterical:

But seriously, the cap came out nice. Even though IMO (oh lord, here he goes again) the cap for the SGT's should have the CS logo instead of the Tiffany Cobra, because to me, Cobras should only be on.... Cobras of course!

But seriously, the cap came out nice. Even though IMO (oh lord, here he goes again) the cap for the SGT's should have the CS logo instead of the Tiffany Cobra, because to me, Cobras should only be on.... Cobras of course!

PLEASE...............don't go there Son..............I don't think I have the energy for another 35 pages of discussions :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Although I wish the Shelby GT would have came with a special cap to begin with; the one thing that is nice about it this way is you don't have to buy it. The image is not a representation of what the car is. Rather it is a representation of the car's heritage and company's history. All the way back to the 1966 GT350s that had a Shelby cobra symbol on the car.

After all, I did say almost everybody was happy with it.

ShelbyGTCap3.jpg

HMMMMMMMMMMM!I wonder who's idea that cap was.Looks kick ass!

PLEASE...............don't go there Son..............I don't think I have the energy for another 35 pages of discussions :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Although I wish the Shelby GT would have came with a special cap to begin with; the one thing that is nice about it this way is you don't have to buy it. The image is not a representation of what the car is. Rather it is a representation of the car's heritage and company's history. All the way back to the 1966 GT350s that had a Shelby cobra symbol on the car.

After all, I did say almost everybody was happy with it.

I know, I know. Really, honestly, truely, it looks fine. I would be proud to install one on my SGTSC. I'll just have to change my license plate to DORKSNAKE or OVERBITTEN that's all. :finger::banghead:

I'M KIDDING, I'M JUST KIDDING! I SWEAR THAT I REALLY DO LIKE THE CAP! :happy feet:

(but the snake does look like it's got a buzz on though).

Thanks Amy and everyone who worked on the design. It's really great to be able to have some input concerning what's available for your car :headspin: I'm looking forward to ordering the whole bundle; gas cap, horn button and wheel centers.

Jim

There is also a S/C version that Amy is checking on....hopefully she can get a smaller order than 1000. I'm not sure how many SGT S/C we will end up with but Shelby doesn't need that many spare parts. My new concern is that I haven't rule out sending my SGT back to SAI for the S/C package....someday I could end up with both the non S/C and the S/C version. Maybe that's not a bad thing :happy feet:

hi guys,

I am waiting for the cost and minium order numbers numbers, I will try to do the cs/sc as well if I dont have to buy 1000.

Amy

I also put together some other possible options using the same theme..... check it out.

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=3385

Is it just me but doesn't it look like the snake has an excessive overbite? Almost makes it dorky looking, kinda like a dorkfish. Never seen a Dorkfish? You catch em' on a Corn Dog...they just love Corn Dogs! :hysterical2::hysterical2:

The blue collar comedy boys and girls here know what I'm talking about, right? :yup:

No, :doh: you don't know? Well then, HERE'S YOUR SIGN! :hysterical:

+1

I don't like the looks of the overbite snake either. I think the cap should use this one (below), or the snake that's on the GT500. I know I'm too late in this conversation, however, but upon seeing this final design I had the same thoughts as Son of GT.

midamerica145.jpg

Hey, like it or not it's nice to FINALLY put this to bed. I will say that I am one of those that wasn't keen on the Cobra branding but I think this is nicely done. As long as it's sanctioned etc., I'm cool with it and will buy one more than anything because I HATE the GT logo. I'm not even sure HATE is strong enough a word...

So bravo and I look forward to putting it on!

There is also a S/C version that Amy is checking on....hopefully she can get a smaller order than 1000. I'm not sure how many SGT S/C we will end up with but Shelby doesn't need that many spare parts. My new concern is that I haven't rule out sending my SGT back to SAI for the S/C package....someday I could end up with both the non S/C and the S/C version. Maybe that's not a bad thing :happy feet:

I also put together some other possible options using the same theme..... check it out.

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=3385

I'll take a GT/SC faux cap. Fed Ex please !

post-8704-1197608329_thumb.jpg

post-8704-1197608329_thumb.jpg

Guys, I am glad you like it. It's not what everyone wants but hopefully it has elements you all like

The snake is our nake, the tifany is used by ford on New Vehicles, we didnt want to confuse cars and badges.

I will always listen and take your suggestions, if I can make something and I don't have to order a million I will always try to get it done...

BUT...........Do not start asking me when this is coming! this is how you all get me in trouble.........lol

Merry Christmas Guys!

Guys, I am glad you like it. It's not what everyone wants but hopefully it has elements you all like

The snake is our nake, the tifany is used by ford on New Vehicles, we didnt want to confuse cars and badges.

I will always listen and take your suggestions, if I can make something and I don't have to order a million I will always try to get it done...

BUT...........Do not start asking me when this is coming! this is how you all get me in trouble.........lol

Merry Christmas Guys!

Okay, cool. Then could you add a tiny red L.E.D. bulb on the snake's eye and make it so it lights up red when you hit the brakes?

JUST KIDDING! :hysterical:

Okay, cool. Then could you add a tiny red L.E.D. bulb on the snake's eye and make it so it lights up red when you hit the brakes?

JUST KIDDING! :hysterical:

..and I thought you were going to vote for the "inside windshield squirter option", where it shoots washer fluid from its fangs to clean the windshield!! :hysterical2:

I really like that design, though. Modern interpretation of 'the snake'. Not to say the tiffany snake isn't cool, because I like that too. This is a cool piece.

Available next week.

JUST KIDDING. AMY!!!! :redcard::hysterical:

Ms. Boylan, Amy; did you previously say this would come with either FORD or SHELBY in the outer ring?

Thank you

The car already says "SHELBY" on the trunk lid so I don't think that we need to add it again and like the GT500 it will only be the center piece with the original "Ford" on the outer ring.

The car already says "SHELBY" on the trunk lid so I don't think that we need to add it again and like the GT500 it will only be the center piece with the original "Ford" on the outer ring.

Yes it does. But I believe Ms. Boylan stated SHELBY on the outer ring would be an option I wanted to confirm. Thank you

Archived