TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quick Question?

FMI

:doh: I've been having a hard time getting any info from the dealers so...

Is there during the 2 year Shelby run going to be an Auto offered? I know GASP auto's are lame and such but this would be a frequently driven car and sticks get old fast.

If not I guess I'll hold out for the Challenger or a different limited series of the Stang

An option may be looking for a GT-H - the Hertz rental car that will be hitting the used market in the next year. It won't have nearly the Horsepower or Torque, but it will be considerably more rare, and they will all be automatics. With the mods that are available, you could probably have it in the same horsepower range pretty easily, and have a very limited production, desirable car.

Figured that much.... I really want one bad but I would get sick of the stick and proably either be paying to have a conversion done or selling it.

Looks like I wait another year for the Challenger then :( Wanted the Stang

An option may be looking for a GT-H - the Hertz rental car that will be hitting the used market in the next year. It won't have nearly the Horsepower or Torque, but it will be considerably more rare, and they will all be automatics. With the mods that are available, you could probably have it in the same horsepower range pretty easily, and have a very limited production, desirable car.

Aren't they to be sold at closed auctions after 1 year? Hopefully they gon't get to crazy on the prices.... If so I'll consider this route.

When is the body change for the stang 09 right? Damn I need to stop second guessing myself... :rant:

Aren't they to be sold at closed auctions after 1 year? Hopefully they gon't get to crazy on the prices.... If so I'll consider this route.

When is the body change for the stang 09 right? Damn I need to stop second guessing myself... :rant:

Consider going direct to Shelby. The 6 makes over 300 rwhp and weighs a ton less....and it's a Shelby, not a Ford/Shelby project. MUCH rarer. Your chances of snagging a GT-H? None, unless you know someone at Hertz or Ford....and you can bet they'll fill THEIR pockets first.

:shift:

bj

Your chances of snagging a GT-H? None, unless you know someone at Hertz or Ford....and you can bet they'll fill THEIR pockets first.

:shift:

bj

I think you will be right. Closed auctions and maybe 50K+ for a used car.

Guest evilchris

$50k is not bad though, if you plan to hold onto it,

it will quickly escalate in value due to it's extremely limited production

and history!!!

KingCobra.

Quickly? You mean *maybe* 40 years?

I think you will be right. Closed auctions and maybe 50K+ for a used car.

The Hertz cars at 20,000 miles will sell for $25k if that. Mark my words.

My money is on 50k plus. There are too many car collect people out there that will spend the cash to have one of them. They are numbered and signed. Think about just the people that have an original Hertz. Bet they wouldnt think twice about 50k just to have the set.

post-4943-1149163128_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1149163155_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1149163169_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1149163128_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1149163155_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1149163169_thumb.jpg

Archived