TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1st Shelby Gt 500 on Daytona's High Banks

John Strauss

Hi Everyone!!!

Just a little pumped still after running Daytona's Road course the last 3 days. I Lapped with the Audi Club of Ohio. I got a checkout ride and was signed off Solo. I've been running Solo for a quite a few months now with my locale clubs. I can't begin to explain passing on the high banks its just so intense.I still have to unload the car but want to get some video's up on Youtube first. Check out one of my fastest laps 2.15 thats on stock suspension and tires. I get just about 140-145 out of turns 2 & 4 and was able to get 160 on the front and back straights. Check out these new videos. Got to go.

That looks like a blast!

Only one question. Why was you letting them other cars go by you? :hysterical:

The instructor was driving slow showing me the line. When he put his foot in it to climb the bank thats when the charger kicked in and totally took him by surprise.

Way to go John. I tried calling you earlier this evening to found out how it went. Now I don't have to ask. That was awesome. :shift: I can't wait till the two of us can get out at Sebring, Homestead, Moroso or Daytona and have some fun and waste some imports. Had to kill you giving those guys the point by but you got your solo ticket with this crew and that's what mattered the most. Definitely worth the money. Looks like Daytona wasn't overly technical except that one long turn and being set up right for it. Your instructor cracked me up.

Still doing Moroso Sunday? Thinking about going and getting a check ride myself. We still on for Saturday at your place and the new pads?

Hi Everyone!!!

Just a little pumped still after running Daytona's Road course the last 3 days. I Lapped with the Audi Club of Ohio. I got a checkout ride and was signed off Solo. I've been running Solo for a quite a few months now with my locale clubs. I can't begin to explain passing on the high banks its just so intense.I still have to unload the car but want to get some video's up on Youtube first. Check out one of my fastest laps 2.15 thats on stock suspension and tires. I get just about 140-145 out of turns 2 & 4 and was able to get 160 on the front and back straights. Check out these new videos. Got to go.

Way to go John. I tried calling you earlier this evening to found out how it went. Now I don't have to ask. That was awesome. :shift: I can't wait till the two of us can get out at Sebring, Homestead, Moroso or Daytona and have some fun and waste some imports. Had to kill you giving those guys the point by but you got your solo ticket with this crew and that's what mattered the most. Definitely worth the money. Looks like Daytona wasn't overly technical except that one long turn and being set up right for it. Your instructor cracked me up.

Still doing Moroso Sunday? Thinking about going and getting a check ride myself. We still on for Saturday at your place and the new pads?

Yes On Saturday. I wasn't driving the instructor was showing me the line. Did you see anyone near me on the video of my fastest lap. I got 500 Daytona track miles on my car I used more then a 100 gallons of gas. I have 4-6 hours of video to go through.

JAS427,

GREAT VIDEO! You're so lucky. I'd love to drive that track too! Now I know what to ask the wife for my next anniversary gift!

Had to watch the videos again & Man, You drove that well! The squeal of the tires and the roar of the supercharger really has me missing my car for sure.

I'm not totally certain, but I think BlackForest Motorsports had the first GT500 on Daytona's High Banks during the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona back in Feb '07 and again in July '07.

The car is the #15 USG SheetRock sponsored, "raced prepared" Cobra for the Grand Am Series. I've got pictures I'll post when I get home from work.

Added two pics of the BF Motorsports GT500

Not trying to rain on your parade, but there are a lot of "first" & "fastest" statements on the forum... Ultimately it really matters not, cause we're all just wanting to enjoy our cars! I know I'd rather be there driving right behind you than here in Korea without my car.

Keith

BF_Motorsports_GT500.jpg

BF_Motorsports__15_GT500_2.jpg

BF_Motorsports_GT500.jpg

BF_Motorsports__15_GT500_2.jpg

JAS427,

GREAT VIDEO! You're so lucky. I'd love to drive that track too! Now I know what to ask the wife for my next anniversary gift!

Had to watch the videos again & Man, You drove that well! The squeal of the tires and the roar of the supercharger really has me missing my car for sure.

I'm not totally certain, but I think BlackForest Motorsports had the first GT500 on Daytona's High Banks during the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona back in Feb '07 and again in July '07.

The car is the #15 USG SheetRock sponsored, "raced prepared" Cobra for the Grand Am Series. I've got pictures I'll post when I get home from work.

Added two pics of the BF Motorsports GT500

Not trying to rain on your parade, but there are a lot of "first" & "fastest" statements on the forum... Ultimately it really matters not, cause we're all just wanting to enjoy our cars! I know I'd rather be there driving right behind you than here in Korea without my car.

Thanks Keith for the pictures. I do think that cobra has the 5 liter and is a spec set up for its class. I don't believe it has the 5.4 and the super charger. On the side of the car above the snake it has a 5.0.

But your right who cares whos first when you and your shelby are on track you are always out front.

John

JAS427 .... GREAT VIDEO AND GREAT DRIVING .

That had to be a blast !

Fantastic!

I an not sure which sounded better, the supercharger or the exhaust. What exaust mods have you done?

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to more!

I removed the cats thats all. The rest is factory.

I got mine at Wine Country Motor Sports in Jupiter Florida. There site is WWW.winecountrymotorsports.com

I think there main office is in California. Hope this helps.

[!

LETS GO TRACKING !!!

If you like next time I run at Sebring I'll give you a heads up to see if you can make it. I really think everyone thinks that the car is out of control at speed and they might have problems. Thats just not the case. I started in April at Sebring as a novice and now have my Solo Pass with just about every HPD run group in south Florida. I've been to Sebring 6 times this year Moroso 2 Homestead 1 and Daytona 1. At Sebring the car burns 1 gallon of gas a lap about the same for Daytona. I have left the track twice and both times it was totally preventable. First time at Moroso trying to put a Lamborghini 2 laps down during a HPD school. I got loose and didn't want to lift so I power slid till I lost it a went off track. This was just me being stupid!!!. The 2nd Time was again me being Stupid. The first time at Homestead begin my 2nd lap I started to pick up speed and missed a turn I drove right off track thinking the corner was a 90 and it was a 180. No harm done just a little blue paint transfer from the tires to the bumper. Let Me Know

Archived