TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question about SGT traction control

A few weeks back I drove a 07 GT-H vert. for a couple of days. The traction control seemed to be on all the time, but it was still possible to make the tires spin. If I left as fast as possible from a standsstill, the car would spin the rear tires for maybe 20-50 ft. but not uncontrollably. This was in a automatic. Powerbraking the car would also make the car spin, but only for a short while.

Does the traction control permit a certain amount of spin or was this car just not working the way it was supposed tò?

What about the trasction control in a manual trans car? Also cerain amount of spin allowed?

Thanks

Anders

Yes, Mustang's traction control features "power start" which allows a little bit of tire spin before engaging, as long as the accelerometer detects enough forward momentum (no momentum indicates inclement weather, so it engages much sooner in that instance). Power start helps get a car accelerating quicker than bogging with no wheelspin would.

And you're right about the TC being on all the time in the Hertz. The TC off/on button on the dash is a dummy and does not function. I believe the connection is still there and that the button can be replaced with a functioning one after the car is sold, but I'm not sure about that.

And you're right about the TC being on all the time in the Hertz. The TC off/on button on the dash is a dummy and does not function. I believe the connection is still there and that the button can be replaced with a functioning one after the car is sold, but I'm not sure about that.

The buttons work on the SGT but they have been overridden with a jumper on the back. In order to make it work you have to pull the switch and remove the clip that keeps it on all the time.

The buttons work on the SGT but they have been overridden with a jumper on the back. In order to make it work you have to pull the switch and remove the clip that keeps it on all the time.

I usually forget to turn the TC to "off". Of course it resets every time you shut down, then start up. Are you telling me that it's just a dummy unless you install jumpers? :huh:

I have a lot of fun with it "on"... just curious. :headscratch:

Dan

I was with someone at SAI during my first visit and we rode in the Hertz I rented together. He showed me how people can just hit the button really hard to break the pin insite to permanately cancel the TC. This is possibly what they did on the car you rode in.

Archived