TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GUAGES

THE POD THAT IS ADDED WITH THE 3 GUAGES--ARN'T THEY DUPLICATING WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE?

You mean duplicating the gages that are already in the tach and speedo pod? Well, yes but a large, autometer gage right smack in your face is much more approprate for high performance applications than a tiny, somewhat inaccurate gage stuffed down into a dash pod that's below your driving eyeline.

You mean duplicating the gages that are already in the tach and speedo pod? Well, yes but a large, autometer gage right smack in your face is much more approprate for high performance applications than a tiny, somewhat inaccurate gage stuffed down into a dash pod that's below your driving eyeline.

YUP! ...and accuracy is a big thing....

THE POD THAT IS ADDED WITH THE 3 GUAGES--ARN'T THEY DUPLICATING WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE?

Gots ya covered: Topic is Gauge Cluster, it might still be on page 3. Read post 15 on.

Should answer your questions. :redcard:

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone post a pic of the dash gauge cluster installed? I wanted to see how the fit looks, and if it is leather like the dash. Thanks to anyone that does.

It looks good from the front, however there is alot of gaping on the sides. I love the look over all and the guages themselves great looking. Still having issues with it sticking to the top of the dash, i will keep you posted with what is the best to secure it

It looks good from the front, however there is alot of gaping on the sides. I love the look over all and the guages themselves great looking. Still having issues with it sticking to the top of the dash, i will keep you posted with what is the best to secure it

I agree with you on the gaping on the sides. I have seen a few and the fit is not great, there must be a better way to mount them. If any one knows please share.

Thanks for posting a pic; thats the best pic I've seen installed. It looks like the gauge housing is plastic, how does it match your dash? Good to know about the sticking issue, it gets hot in Texas so I can assume I would have more issues with the sticking. The SOS center gauge cluster still doesn't look as good as this one IMO.

I agree with you on the gaping on the sides. I have seen a few and the fit is not great, there must be a better way to mount them. If any one knows please share.

Didn't they (SAI) or maybe someone say they might use a column style 3 gsuge set up?

Over the holidays i am going to see what I can do for the gaping. I am going to try and make some sort of gasget so not only will it fill the gaps but help with it adhear to the dash. THe problem is that it has to be removeable so if you ever have to get to the back of the guages.

I would love any suggestions.

Over the holidays i am going to see what I can do for the gaping. I am going to try and make some sort of gasget so not only will it fill the gaps but help with it adhear to the dash. THe problem is that it has to be removeable so if you ever have to get to the back of the guages.

I would love any suggestions.

The only thing that is removable would be a Velcro, but that might look cheesy. You might try some small "L" brackets. You can fasten them to the dash, then add a blind nut on the upper hole and use a nice screw/bolt to attach the gauge cover to the "L" bracket. That will make it removable.

Don't know how you would attach the bottom of the "L" bracket to the dash, with the leather cover. Putting a hole into it could cause problems later on down the line unless you had a way to prevent the leather from separating, maybe glue.

If you can hide the cable coming out the back that will make it look like it belongs, instead of looking like it was a unplanned after thought.

Archived