TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How long would it take if I ordered a GT500 this month?????????????

As the questions states, if I ordered a GT500 this month, what do you think the date would be it would get to the dealer. Thank you,

Bill

I placed an order the week after Thanksgiving, and was given a VIN today, with a production date of mid January. Hope that helps your decision!

Just FYI for some that have said you can not get an '08 ordered for you without paying an ADM.

I did it. I ordered a 2008 built like I wanted it with a dealer that I was not on a long standing list for MSRP. I should have my car by late January.

It does and will happen. Not all the time and I was very lucky to find my deal. But if you look long and hard enough it can happen.

GOOD FOR YOU.

GOOD FOR YOU.

Thank you. Just wanted to give some people hope that are holding out for MSRP.

There are alot of people that hope to get MSRP and that's the only way they can afford the car.

Best of luck to all of those people that are looking for those deals. Jump on them when you find them.

I have been informed that any GT500s ordered from today on, will go into the February build cycle. This is for Orlando(southeast united states). It basically means the soonest our next order(9th 2008 GT500, 3 sold, one stock unit in stock, 1 stock unit incoming, 3 pre-orders incoming) would not get PULLED until February, and would probaby get built in march and arrive in april. This car will be drop shipped to SAI and converted to an SS.

So nilkilla when my dealer said he talked to "the Ford lady" (we are in Birmingham, AL) and she told him to place the order for my car just what does that mean? I do not believe he was blowing warm air up my skirt when he said the order was placed, I believe it is actually in yesterday around noon. He told me that just because the order was in it doesn't mean it will be built anytime soon.

I realize anything you say is conjecture but it will be more up to date then what I have at this point. Thanks, Bill

Archived