TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Improvements/Ideas

As winter sets in and we wait for our GT500's to be transformed to a Super Snake. I thought we (Team Shelby) could come up with ideas for future improvments. John W did state in one of his emials "we are always looking at improvements on our packages". Here's a few ideas.

Pillar pod guages instead of the dash mount

New headrest instead of the cover

New center console cover instead of the cover

New Shelby shifter

New Shelby Suspension kit

New Shelby Sway Bar End links

New Shelby LCA/UCA

New Shelby UCA bracket

New Shebly Panhard Bar

New Shelby Bumpster Tie Rod Adjuster

New Shelby Camber Adjusters

New Shelby Strut brace

New Whipple 2.9 or 3.4 Super Charger (make it an option)

New 3" JBA Exhaust System (may already be in the works)

Rear Badging

As winter sets in and we wait for our GT500's to be transformed to a Super Snake. I thought we (Team Shelby) could come up with ideas for future improvments. John W did state in one of his emials "we are always looking at improvements on our packages". Here's a few ideas.

Pillar pod guages instead of the dash mount

New headrest instead of the cover

New center console cover instead of the cover

New Shelby shifter

New Shelby Suspension kit

New Shelby Sway Bar End links

New Shelby LCA/UCA

New Shelby UCA bracket

New Shebly Panhard Bar

New Shelby Bumpster Tie Rod Adjuster

New Shelby Camber Adjusters

New Shelby Strut brace

New Whipple 2.9 or 3.4 Super Charger (make it an option)

New 3" JBA Exhaust System (may already be in the works)

Rear Badging

How about AP Racing brakes - front and rear :)

Sorry - I couldnt help myself :)

How about one single SS package with two tunes: 600 HP with warranty and 750 HP with no warranty. That way, after the warranty is over on the 600 HP all you do is change pulleys and tune and NOW you have 750 HP.

This will also drive cost done on teh KB package for all!

If I can get this, my order would be in right now!!

Great idea to have a thread on this........I hope SAI looks at it and takes it into consideration.

LuisA

How about one single SS package with two tunes: 600 HP with warranty and 750 HP with no warranty. That way, after the warranty is over on the 600 HP all you do is change pulleys and tune and NOW you have 750 HP.

This will also drive cost done on teh KB package for all!

If I can get this, my order would be in right now!!

Great idea to have a thread on this........I hope SAI looks at it and takes it into consideration.

LuisA

Every idea is looked at, promise! Actually, you would need to upgrade some componants on the 600 HP package (to withstand the later upgrade) so it would ultimately drive up the cost of the 600 HP package, not reduce the cost of the 725. Besides, the KB has a wider powerband and less heatsoak. We want to do these right and not cheapen the package so something breaks on you ;)

Every idea is looked at, promise! Actually, you would need to upgrade some componants on the 600 HP package (to withstand the later upgrade) so it would ultimately drive up the cost of the 600 HP package, not reduce the cost of the 725. Besides, the KB has a wider powerband and less heatsoak. We want to do these right and not cheapen the package so something breaks on you ;)

Good reply thanks.

Id pay extra for my 600hp package if you offered somthing like that.

AGAIN thanks for taking the time to do it right.. no one wants breaking part. I sure as heck dont :banghead: but I like the idea :happy feet:

Good reply thanks.

Id pay extra for my 600hp package if you offered somthing like that.

AGAIN thanks for taking the time to do it right.. no one wants breaking part. I sure as heck dont :banghead: but I like the idea :happy feet:

Let me add I understand why you have the 600hp limit on he verts? Im not complaining.

But technology always has a way of catching up. there may not be the means to make it worth wild to brace up the vert now, but if you all are bold enought to build it, technology and good old fasion American will power ingeniuty and desire will make it happen.

jimc

If you look at the KB website, you willl notice that depending on blower speed and tune they can produce from high 500 to high 700 HP on a GT500. I suggest the packakge be one capable of 750 HP but offer it also at 600 HP with warranty. I would pay the full 31k for a package like that. This way after waranty expires, I can have it upgraded to 750 HP easily.

I would also like to think that, if SAI does this, due to quantity buys, the price could be lower than the 31k for all.

Amy, thanks for looking at the thread. I have to agree with CWHR on the handle and suspension. If you look at the mod forum there are dozens of threads and ways to make the suspension better. For me the Super Snake should be about Shelby Performance, handling, power and braking. The exterior looks awesome (stripes, not going there), but make it all it can be and make it SHELBY.

Roll bar or cage as an option (CWHR)

Battery relocation to the trunk

PS. If your coming out with a TT package make it soon, it's already in the works by others.

I like the idea of a Watts link. From what I understand this is the way to go for handeling.

I also like the idea of checking out the new blowers that are on the market. I'm interested in the highest HP on 91 pump gas safely. That's the best I can get in California on a daily basis.

how about when yall start building yall start with the 08s and lets say.. and im just throwing out a number here, but im thinking start with number 14? :hysterical:

That is funny! Everyone knows 07 comes before 08. No new math!!

How about the 6-pack tail lights, as in Shelby's of old? Please? :snake:

Amy, thanks for looking at the thread. I have to agree with CWHR on the handle and suspension. If you look at the mod forum there are dozens of threads and ways to make the suspension better. For me the Super Snake should be about Shelby Performance, handling, power and braking. The exterior looks awesome (stripes, not going there), but make it all it can be and make it SHELBY.

Roll bar or cage as an option (CWHR)

Battery relocation to the trunk

PS. If your coming out with a TT package make it soon, it's already in the works by others.

NEAT, NEAT IDEA'S ON THE ROLL BAR AND BATTERY. REMINDS ME OF MY '66 GT350.

I feel if SAI wants to make the Super Snake the meanest SHELBY out there, then let's go for it. The 605hp package can be a standard cookie cutter. The 725hp package go with the best blower and suspension on the market. From what we've been reading, sounds like the Whipple blowers will be more efficient, won't suffer as much from heat soak, and can produce as much hp as the KB. The new Whipple 2.9 blower will fit under the stock struct brace and hood and can be dialed up or down for additional hp. Suspension wise, it should include the new UCA/LCA with bracket and some type of Watts link system. For me I'm willing to spend the extra $$ as long as it's SHELBY.

I agree completely on the watts link, the relocation of the battery, and the other suspension upgrades (specifically UCA, LCA).

I have already been discussing adding these with Tasca while they are converting my car but would much prefer to have it all on the Shelby menu as an option to the package. I do have to say that buying a Saleen watts link and having it retrofitted to a top of the line Shelby seems like a bit of a travesty but I don't ahve another option at the moment though. I would much rather buy all Shelby parts and keep it a pure Shelby vehicle but they also need to be of similar or better quality/performance wise.

Other options I would like to see:

1. Seat upgrades: better more form fitting seats to keep you from sliding around when putting the car through the twisties. (I would sign up for this in a heart beat!!!!!!)

2. Ability to select different colored thread for the embroidered supersnake logos on the head rests and the console. (I am thinking red to match the stitching elsewhere in the interior)

3. Slimming pack: The GT500 is already a bit porky but to be fair I am not sure how difficult it would be to ditch some of the excess weight it is carrying.

4. Ability to purchase a warranty for the 725+ hp model. Isn't there some sort of cost that Shelby can come up with for this?

5. IRS: Now I know this would be spendy but I think if Shelby came up with a good system and offered this you may very well get a number of takers in the track crowd and those looking for the best possible handling mustang.

As other people have said I am buying this car to be my "ultimate mustang" and while I appreciate my idea of ultimate will not be someone else's, by making these and other upgrades available to the SS buyers it just paves the way for more revenue for Shelby and allows the customers to fine tune the package to their tastes.

Shelby is in a unique position that they seem to have customers just itching to spend their money with them and it would be a shame if these customers were forced to resort to other suppliers to get these upgrades.

So c'mon Amy, John, Crispy and the rest of the Shelby crew; give us a few more excuses to spend more money with you guys!!!

Ok I will now climb down...

:soapbox:

Jaime

Don't put the SS logo on the center glove box, it's to much and the glove box will get more wear and tear, the head rest is ok. Floor matt are cool.

Not a big fan of the light bar. if all it does is add extra brake lites and weight it's nothing more then a waste.

Thanks for starting this post and listening to us....

jimc

Says it all.

+2!!

JimC

Archived