TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone going to Classics Pizza in the Woodlands (Houston)?

moabman

Every Saturday night 7 to 9 there is a get together at Classics Pizza in the Woodlands at Research Forest and Six Pines. Lots of old cars and new as well - I bring my 2007 GT500 up once in a while, but have taken the T-Bird lately. 10 - 15 cars on an average night, but they reserve spots in the lot for them and the cops dont bother us. Just no burn outs :burnout: or stupid driving around there, and everything is fine.

Good pizza, cold beer, and good company - I wont make it this weekend (flying to CA for Thanksgiving next week), but check it out.

Come out December 1 and I'll buy the first round of beer.

Rob

I missed the December 1 meeting but would like to go this Saturday. Anyone else going?

I imagine he would like to come about now - been a little cool up in his neck of the woods lately :headspin:

I don't know if the pizza would meet his standards or the entertainment would "measure" up! :hysterical2:

:hysterical2:

I DO need to get away... maybe sample some Texas hospitality! :happy feet:

Sorry for the delay! I think we need to leave Kingwood at 4:00 so we can get to The Woodlands while it is still light. msmap - we would be glad to meet you along the way somewhere but we usually get to The Woodlands by 1314 and 240. Let me know and we can change the route. My wife and I are going - who else is?

Hmmm...I was in Houston on business the last 2 days...but now I am back in CT...if I was still there I would have tried to check it out!

That is a very nice Mach 1 you have!!!! How about meeting there about 5.

Ahhhh, thank you. He's been around longer than my Hubby and kids. It's his turn for some tlc now that he has outgrown all the kids and most grocery runs :hysterical:

5 sounds good to me. cya there!

5:00 it is! Looks like it will be a "Classic" evening :happy feet:

Anyone else interested? Unfortunately my friend who just got his 68 V8 convertible rebuilt, is in Chicago and can't make it this time but we would be glad to meet anyone else who would like to go.

What a fun evening!

We drove to Classic Mustang and when we pulled in, we were met by matching blue and red Cobras parked across the drive. I got out and just drooled for a couple of minutes. They were Superperformance Cobras completed by Bob Bondurant's factory. They were two excellent examples of the art of automotive engineering. We met mfogarty and he and the owner of the shop showed us around. For Mustang fanatics, it was like visiting the Flat Rock. Everywhere I looked, there was another 60's or 70's vintage Mustang in the process of being restored.

I kept looking around for mfogarty's vintage GT 350 but couldn't see one. I asked him and he said that it was such a nice day that he had to bring the Cobra to enjoy it. About that time, msmap pulled in with her white GT500 convertible. I felt really outclassed, but I did have a convertible and it was dusk, a balmy wind was blowing in off of the Gulf, the temperature was in the mid 70's, and we were hungry!

We fired up and I fell in love with those lopey cams in the Cobras :happy feet: We all smoothly turned onto FM 1960 which is one of the busiest roads in Houston. Notice I said smoothly, NOT silently :happy feet: I just thought my FRPP stingers were loud until Mike reved his Cobra while we were side by side under the overpass - awesome.

The ride up to the Woodlands on I-45 was a blast - We were cruising with 2 Cobras and a GT500 :superhero: When we pulled into the parking lot at Classic Pizza, we all backed in to spots. The blue Cobra, white GT500, red Cobra, and my Alloy GT. I felt one of those Sesame Street songs: three of these things are like each other; one of these things is not like the others :hysterical:

The owners of Classic Pizza hurried out with traffic cones to set up a show area and as they were setting them up a vintage Stingray pulled up and parked along side of us. A 2005 Z06 parked at the other end so the bow ties were happy. We all went in and ordered our pies and while we were inside 5 more Mustangs showed up. We enjoyed the pizza but the serious iron outside kept beckoning. By then 3 vintage Mustangs arrived so it was really a "Classic" evening (except for the Alloy GT) and a lot of fun getting to meet some great folks!

What a fun evening!

We drove to Classic Mustang and when we pulled in, we were met by matching blue and red Cobras parked across the drive. I got out and just drooled for a couple of minutes. They were Superperformance Cobras completed by Bob Bondurant's factory. They were two excellent examples of the art of automotive engineering. We met mfogarty and he and the owner of the shop showed us around. For Mustang fanatics, it was like visiting the Flat Rock. Everywhere I looked, there was another 60's or 70's vintage Mustang in the process of being restored.

I kept looking around for mfogarty's vintage GT 350 but couldn't see one. I asked him and he said that it was such a nice day that he had to bring the Cobra to enjoy it. About that time, msmap pulled in with her white GT500 convertible. I felt really outclassed, but I did have a convertible and it was dusk, a balmy wind was blowing in off of the Gulf, the temperature was in the mid 70's, and we were hungry!

We fired up and I fell in love with those lopey cams in the Cobras :happy feet: We all smoothly turned onto FM 1960 which is one of the busiest roads in Houston. Notice I said smoothly, NOT silently :happy feet: I just thought my FRPP stingers were loud until Mike reved his Cobra while we were side by side under the overpass - awesome.

The ride up to the Woodlands on I-45 was a blast - We were cruising with 2 Cobras and a GT500 :superhero: When we pulled into the parking lot at Classic Pizza, we all backed in to spots. The blue Cobra, white GT500, red Cobra, and my Alloy GT. I felt one of those Sesame Street songs: three of these things are like each other; one of these things is not like the others :hysterical:

The owners of Classic Pizza hurried out with traffic cones to set up a show area and as they were setting them up a vintage Stingray pulled up and parked along side of us. A 2005 Z06 parked at the other end so the bow ties were happy. We all went in and ordered our pies and while we were inside 5 more Mustangs showed up. We enjoyed the pizza but the serious iron outside kept beckoning. By then 3 vintage Mustangs arrived so it was really a "Classic" evening (except for the Alloy GT) and a lot of fun getting to meet some great folks!

I had a great time. You have a really nice car. The exhaust sounds great. I love msmap’s GT500. We will have to do it again real soon. For me this is what it is all about to get the cars out and making new friends.

I had a great time. You have a really nice car. The exhaust sounds great. I love msmap’s GT500. We will have to do it again real soon. For me this is what it is all about to get the cars out and making new friends.

I had a good time also and meeting new friends is priceless. It is always fun to cruise with fellow car peoples :) All the cars looked and sounded awesome except for mine that was in stealth mode :hysterical: Very fun night.

I had a good time also and meeting new friends is priceless. It is always fun to cruise with fellow car peoples :) All the cars looked and sounded awesome except for mine that was in stealth mode :hysterical: Very fun night.

Did anyone get any photos that can be posted?

HSURB

It was almost dark when we left Classic Mustang on our way to Classic Pizza so no pictures - sorry!

However, here are some of the Cobras I found on the web:

Superformance11.jpg

Superformance22.jpg

I wish I had a photograph of the three of them parked at the Pizza place - Red Cobra, White GT500, Blue Cobra :happy feet:

Gosh, I am feeling so left out!!

I feel like San Antonio is an isolation tank....nobody here but me! :cry:

I guess I have to drive to H-town to get in on the action- as soon as I get my car delivered. :speedie:

Sugarland being far away from woodlands is nonsense...I lived in Bellaire for 7 years and drove to work in the woodlands everyday...its not THAT far... :tequila:

But I will have to pack an overnight bag for that trip from SA. The million dollar question is what hotel do I trust with my GT500? Maybe I could just rent a storage room for the night and sleep next to the car, so I dont give her wrinkles! :hysterical2:

hmmmm, sounds like you would have some great collateral in the driveway! could let you sleep out back with the cars or if you are trustworthy, let you inside!

my sons are both in sa at the moment. if we ever drive the shelby up there, i'll give you a shout and we can go burn up some roads. there is a very active mustang population up there.

Archived