TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone have this book???

bleu venom

Can't find any info on it. Looking for the Publisher and ISBN number.

Thanks,

Ron

It's advertised in the latest Shelby Performance Parts catalog on page 43 for $25.95 - ACC-BOOK-1049. Here's a description:

The Ford Shelby GT500 Book is a new release made available only through Shelby Automobiles and Ford Dealers. The foreword is written

by Carroll Shelby. The book includes exclusive photos of the actual assembly in the Ford factory, historical photographs, and interviews

with members of the Design Team. A great Collector’s item! A ”must have” for every GT500 owner.

I thought they were making 1000....Oh that was the 40th anniversary package that dropped to 500 due to popular demand...you go girl!!!

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Yep, you got that one right...Did anyone notice that the 725HP Super Snake jumped up to $31K from the original $28K price tag?

I'm sooooo glad I backed out of the Super Snake package. It's great for those that want to keep their car forever and have to have the CSM number, but for those of us that don't give a rip about the CSM number, $31K is a whole lot of money to dump into a GT500 to make it better handleing and faster than SAI will ever make them for the public...

Just my 2-cents...

WP

Special book ya right... Everytime Ford or Shelby has something neat to buy they,ll say you want one? How bad to you want one? Ha Ha youuuuuuuuuuu can't have it!! Pretty soon we will not want one if they keep this attitude up.

This goes along with the oh please will you mark up my car..please please add a high ADM. Oh thank you can I have another!

OK about the so called book thats ( limited...don't tell nobody though) . I think most of us have already read every Shelby article magazine for the last 2 yrs!!!or more. So there's nothing we had'nt aleady seen or read..big deal...After awhile we get tried of the nut and shell game......

Man anymore it seems the more we like or appreciate something the more they pour the hot coals. So keep the passion and we'll get through this!!!!!! That's why this web site is so cool because you can air the TRUTH and sometimes you find out the tooth fairy did'nt leave you $$it. BillyRay...no sugar coating please.....

post-3364-1196982684.jpg

post-3364-1196982684.jpg

Can't find any info on it. Looking for the Publisher and ISBN number.

Thanks,

Ron

I ordered the book from Shelby in Vegas on Monday. Its on page 43 of the Shelby winter catalog. You can download the pdf of the catalog from the web site. Just received the book in the mail today(11/5/07). Must not be limited print. Published by ArtelHouse LLC ---- ACC-BOOK-1049 --- COST 25.95 PLUS 8.21 SHIPPING to Southern California. The book is beautiful. A must have in my opinion. I will be looking to get it signed by Carroll some day soon.

ShelbySteve

I'm feeling the same way.

Everything Shelby is starting to look like it is for the rich and the famous.

The regular Shelby enthusiast is getting pushed away.

This is turning into some exclusive thing for exclusive people.

I hope I don't end up getting stereotyped for owning the car of my dream, because people are so deep in idolizing everything Shelby that it shuns away the REAL enthusiast.

:cry:

+1

They told me the publisher was not printing any more copies. Also said this site was generating a lot of interest in this book.

I spoke to the publisher yesterday and they told me 500 was it. No more will be printed, nada. The licensing agreement was for 500 copies. Unbelievable. You would think they would have at least printed 1,000. I understand the limited edition thing but, I think there are 10,844 GT500 owners out there, right?

I guess I could still buy the $686 version leather bound and signed edition from Ford Art House!!@$#$

Oh well....

I'm feeling the same way.

Everything Shelby is starting to look like it is for the rich and the famous.

The regular Shelby enthusiast is getting pushed away.

This is turning into some exclusive thing for exclusive people.

I hope I don't end up getting stereotyped for owning the car of my dream, because people are so deep in idolizing everything Shelby that it shuns away the REAL enthusiast.

:cry:

+1 :cry:

I spoke to the publisher yesterday and they told me 500 was it. No more will be printed, nada. The licensing agreement was for 500 copies. Unbelievable. You would think they would have at least printed 1,000. I understand the limited edition thing but, I think there are 10,844 GT500 owners out there, right?

I guess I could still buy the $686 version leather bound and signed edition from Ford Art House!!@$#$

Oh well....

Ford Arte House.com website says the $20 version is "OUT OF STOCK". Sounds like "SOLD OUT" to me.

Ford Arte House also says that there are 150 leather bound $686.25 signed editions with about 100 Sold.

We did pay 300 for a signed plaque, the book is probably nicer

I like my plaque but I would have rather used it for mod money

The whole Shelby thing fades away and you realize you own a car, a great car you want to make better, because Ford dropped the ball in many areas as no car is perfect from the factory :)

We did pay 300 for a signed plaque, the book is probably nicer

I like my plaque but I would have rather used it for mod money

The whole Shelby thing fades away and you realize you own a car, a great car you want to make better, because Ford dropped the ball in many areas as no car is perfect from the factory :)

Like ever making up your mind on the suspension upgrades you're going to do??

:hysterical2:

j/k chuck!

Not to sound like too much of a book whore :):) but I have a pictorial history on the mustang entitled "Wild Horses, A Portrait of America's Favorite Muscle Car" that's at the manufacturer. From the beginning to the end, it has some killer pics in it if new and old shelbys and.....................

We're giving $1 per book sold to the Ronald McDonald House....if we sell all the books, that will be a book check to charity and....if we sell them all and there is still a need, we'll get mroe printed.

So enough of this out of order business.....let the reading satisfaction begin.

CB

Archived