TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Putting stock pulley back on?

Fastbackman

Just as it reads. I need to temporarily put my stock pulley back on. It was not damaged during removal and I was just wondering if anyone had done this and could provide a little information. I would prefer to go this route as opposed to the dress-up pulley if possible.

No, I'm actually wanting to press the stocker back on. Will it require a specialized tool?

That was my point. I've only heard of one being done and it didn't work. Give Evolution or Tucker a call in the morning.

bj

That was my point. I've only heard of one being done and it didn't work. Give Evolution or Tucker a call in the morning.

bj

I pressed the stock pulley off and the replacement on. Neither was damaged in the work. I do not see why the reverse proceedure would be any different.

The Auto Specialties puller I used would have no difficulty removing the 2.6 or pressing the 3.0 back on.

I pressed the stock pulley off and the replacement on. Neither was damaged in the work. I do not see why the reverse proceedure would be any different.

The Auto Specialties puller I used would have no difficulty removing the 2.6 or pressing the 3.0 back on.

Do you have a part number or link to your puller? Do you remember how much $$

Just as it reads. I need to temporarily put my stock pulley back on. It was not damaged during removal and I was just wondering if anyone had done this and could provide a little information. I would prefer to go this route as opposed to the dress-up pulley if possible.

Talk to dgussin1 he's done it several times i believe....

Do you have a part number or link to your puller? Do you remember how much $$

Its the Auto Specialties puller in all steel construction (they had a cheaper version with some aluminum components) with the clamshell for the pulley. It grips the entire grooved section of the pulley, not a plate behind it. Very solid. It was $169 through SFPH where I bought the steel 2.6 pulley.

Its the Auto Specialties puller in all steel construction (they had a cheaper version with some aluminum components) with the clamshell for the pulley. It grips the entire grooved section of the pulley, not a plate behind it. Very solid. It was $169 through SFPH where I bought the steel 2.6 pulley.

Sounds like your 2.6 doesn't use a hub?

Archived