TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby Mod Shop in Dallas

:happy feet: This is my first post here and I want to say that this site is Awesome! Been hanging in the background way too long. Wanted to pass along that I went to the new Shelby Mod Shop in Texas this weekend. I have been waiting for this place to open up! For those in the Texas area interested in Modding their Shelby's, this is the place to go! Brand new state of the art facility! Got a personal tour by the owners, Jim and Gary. Great people who are big-time Shelby fans! Place has been open only about 5 days and already they have about five GT-500's in awaiting Super Snake conversion. Owner Jim has a white and blue GT500 that he is personally putting a Super Snake package on and will be taking it up to a warranty busting 725 horse power. I also will be taking the plunge and will be dropping off my SGT next weekend to get a Ford-Whipple Supercharge installed before this place gets swamped. For those interested their address is: 13700 Diplomat Drive in Farmers Branch, Texas. Website is: http://quantum-perf.com/.. happy motoring... :headspin:

:happy feet: This is my first post here and I want to say that this site is Awesome! Been hanging in the background way too long. Wanted to pass along that I went to the new Shelby Mod Shop in Texas this weekend. I have been waiting for this place to open up! For those in the Texas area interested in Modding their Shelby's, this is the place to go! Brand new state of the art facility! Got a personal tour by the owners, Jim and Gary. Great people who are big-time Shelby fans! Place has been open only about 5 days and already they have about five GT-500's in awaiting Super Snake conversion. Owner Jim has a white and blue GT500 that he is personally putting a Super Snake package on and will be taking it up to a warranty busting 725 horse power. I also will be taking the plunge and will be dropping off my SGT next weekend to get a Ford-Whipple Supercharge installed before this place gets swamped. For those interested their address is: 13700 Diplomat Drive in Farmers Branch, Texas. Website is: http://quantum-perf.com/.. happy motoring... :headspin:

Welcome to Team Shelby Texas Shelby! :happy feet: I sure hope you can get pics of his White GT500SS when it's done

First Welcome....2nd.we know or at least I did late Sep, but I never post that stuff I let the owner's do that....Althow if you read the Shelby mag.....it's in there too....Agen....Welcome, keep looking..People like you is why this sit rocks!!!!!!Thanks BB.

Welcome Texas Shelby.... :happy feet:

This is TexasShelby :yahoo: ! And thanks for the info on the shop in FB. I'm out it Midland but have been looking for someplace I can dyno and have some stuff done.

I fly for a living as well as have family in Carrollton, so I'm up there as much as possible. I'll holler next trip up.

:camera: Rule one is that you have to keep us up to date on your mods with lots and lots of pictures! :rockon:

If you're ever out this way... holler... I've got a great stretch of abandon highway over in NM that you'll love. 26 miles of salt flat. :banvictory:

And we do a little big bend run in the spring, down through Ft. Stockton, Balmorea, Marathon, Ft. Davis and Alpine, plus a couple more fun places. Going to try to do a saturday night at RailRoad Blues, it's usually a good time and great driving. :party: :party2:

Take care and great screen name! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Hi Texas Shelby,

It was a pleasure meeting you as well. We know you'll be pleased with our work and the level of service we provide.

Thanks!

Jim, Ken, and Glenn - Southwest Shelby Mod Shop

PS - Please give us a call and we'll get you scheduled.

They are not related to Unique Performance. Completely new company in Brand New facilities. So new that the paint is still wet on the walls. Grand opening is supposed to be in the next few months but the Shelby mod shop is already open. Needless to say, after receiving the tour, I was very impressed. If Shelby trusts them to represent the company that says alot. :banvictory:

I'm pretty sure they will be staying as far away from Unique Performance as possible after UP got busted (allegedly) changing vins and washing salvage titles by registering out of state.

I only asked because their addy is pretty similar to UP's old place, 13995 Diplomat :)

Toured Quantum before Thanksgiving. A great bunch of guys with a tremendous background in Mustangs and all hot rods. Best of all, I work two streets over from their shops! Well maybe good for me, but not necessarily the pocket book. Looking forward to mods and add ons....... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Hi Texas Shelby,

It was a pleasure meeting you as well. We know you'll be pleased with our work and the level of service we provide.

Thanks!

Jim, Ken, and Glenn - Southwest Shelby Mod Shop

PS - Please give us a call and we'll get you scheduled.

Hey Martini,

Ok...just so you know this is TexasShelby not Texas Shelby. :doh:

Do you do dyno and all? I'm out in Midland and am looking for a shop to dyno and do a couple things?

PM me a number and I'll try to set something up for after Christmas.

Thanks!

Hey Martini,

Ok...just so you know this is TexasShelby not Texas Shelby. :doh:

Do you do dyno and all? I'm out in Midland and am looking for a shop to dyno and do a couple things?

PM me a number and I'll try to set something up for after Christmas.

Thanks!

Hi TexasShelby,

We have a Dynojet 224x chassis dyno, rated at 1500HP. We will be doing "before and after"

runs, and tuning as well. Mid-January would work out real well for us. Please contact us at the

following numbers:

972-620-4440 main

972-620-4443 fax

www.quantum-perf.com

gmartini@quantum-perf.com

Thanks!

Glenn

• 4 weeks later...
So is there going to be any sort of "Grand Opening" bash at Quantum to which all us local Shelby-types are going to be invited? That would be very fun, & would be great to see your facility and meet everyone!

If we make this happen you can count me in! :happy feet:

Count me in. I went over there last week and that place is great. I met Gary at the Dallas Mustang Open house and from there have stayed in contact with him on what's going on over there. It's about 30 minutes from my house so that's nice. I also met Jim Mingo's son Jamie who has one sweet little Shelby GT. Looks like good things are going to come from Quantum, including my car. No SS for me but plenty of mods. Please keep me posted on any Shelby gatherings in the area and I'll be there.

Count me in. I went over there last week and that place is great. I met Gary at the Dallas Mustang Open house and from there have stayed in contact with him on what's going on over there. It's about 30 minutes from my house so that's nice. I also met Jim Mingo's son Jamie who has one sweet little Shelby GT. Looks like good things are going to come from Quantum, including my car. No SS for me but plenty of mods. Please keep me posted on any Shelby gatherings in the area and I'll be there.

Ok I have to ask this...Why would you say "little Shelby GT"? I think your trying to make a hit on the Sgt's and I and everyone else who owns one thinks either your jealous or your just p*issed off that yours was not made @ Shelby, which is it?

If I misunderstood you please accept my appology, but i think your under handed rermark was not very politcally correct or very nice.

Ok I have to ask this...Why would you say "little Shelby GT"? I think your trying to make a hit on the Sgt's and I and everyone else who owns one thinks either your jealous or your just p*issed off that yours was not made @ Shelby, which is it?

If I misunderstood you please accept my appology, but i think your under handed rermark was not very politcally correct or very nice.

Swede, it a Texas (southern?) thing.

I say it all the time. "That's one sweet little ride you got there." "She's got a sweet little (insert body part or other here)." "That a pretty sweet little set-up you got there."

It's just a adjetive not a slam....

You could actually hyphenate the word since it's two seperate words used as one, sweet-little, kind of like fixin-to.

Swede, it a Texas (southern?) thing.

I say it all the time. "That's one sweet little ride you got there." "She's got a sweet little (insert body part or other here)." "That a pretty sweet little set-up you got there."

It's just a adjetive not a slam....

You could actually hyphenate the word since it's two seperate words used as one, sweet-little, kind of like fixin-to.

Thanks Stump, appreciate the input here.

I still would like to hear it from the gt500 owner who said it, it would just make me/us feel all that much better that he was not trying in vain to build the gt500 up while tearing the SGT down. As the SGT with a factory/SAI installed SC would spank the gt500 on the track and most likely the 1/4 mile too. Just had to throw that in! :headspin:

Swede

Thanks Stump, appreciate the input here.

I still would like to hear it from the gt500 owner who said it, it would just make me/us feel all that much better that he was not trying in vain to build the gt500 up while tearing the SGT down. As the SGT with a factory/SAI installed SC would spank the gt500 on the track and most likely the 1/4 mile too. Just had to throw that in! :headspin:

Swede

:hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2:

Nothing was meant by putting little. Sorry it was taken the wrong way. Just a phrase I tend to use. I love the Shelby GT's and almost bought one myself.

Thanks for trying to clear that up Stump.

As far as a blown SGT keeping up with a GT500, this one didn't. Badass car though.

There is a monthly car show in the Plano area. It would be cool to blow it out with SGT's and other Shelby vehicles. You can check it out at www.monthlymuscle.com. I have never been but the guy who puts it together saw my car and gave me a card to come. I believe the first show is supposed to be in March.

There is a monthly car show in the Plano area. It would be cool to blow it out with SGT's and other Shelby vehicles. You can check it out at www.monthlymuscle.com. I have never been but the guy who puts it together saw my car and gave me a card to come. I believe the first show is supposed to be in March.

The shows that www.monthlymuscle.com are good shows to go to. I think we should plan on attending the first show in March.

Archived