TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New feature on Team Shelby!

SLB8SNK

I am sure some of you got word of this prematurely (Grabber :hysterical2: ) and realizing Robert and Sharon are extremely busy, I am going to post this on their behalf. Robert and I have been working on this for some time, and with all the new Team Shelby changes, this sort of got lost in the shuffle. That said, please read and respond.

To all members:

There have been many posts, past and present, with members/posters attempting to locate fellow members geographically or on a local level (State/Province). Understanding the desire and benefits to doing so makes sense and the reasons plentiful. To name a few, local camaraderie, actual hands on car comparisons, local car meets or shows, and just basic overall local knowledge sharing. Until now, we have never had a clean and simple method or search capability to do so. Well the time has come!

We have enhances the site to enable us to input, track, display, as well search for members by province and/or state. Is it simple and easy to do, and we will surely all reap the rewards for doing so.

Please follow these simple procedures in order to benefit from this change:

- For all future new members, they will be required to supply their two letter state or provincial code at the time of sign up.

- For everyone else (existing members), please go and add your two digit state code or province by clicking on "My Controls" then "Edit Profile Information". You will see a spot mid way down the page to make this input change.

Once you correctly complete the process, when you look at any topic page, those who entered their state or province code, it will show right below your member number.

To search for members in the same state/ province, click on "Members", then click "Toggle More Options" the last search field (mid way down the screen) will ask for this two digit code or province. Once entered the search will display all successful matches. You can then PM or contact those you wish.

I hope this new feature will be of benefit to the group as a whole. Based on the number of threads we see of people doing "shout outs", I think this will make a great tool and further enhance the site.

Thanks and happy posting!

I am sure some of you got word of this prematurely (Grabber :hysterical2: ) and realizing Robert and Sharon are extremely busy, I am going to post this on their behalf. Robert and I have been working on this for some time, and with all the new Team Shelby changes, this sort of got lost in the shuffle. That said, please read and respond.

To all members:

There have been many posts, past and present, with members/posters attempting to locate fellow members geographically or on a local level(State/Providence). Understanding the desire and benefits to doing so makes sense and the reasons plentiful. To name a few, local camaraderie, actual hands on car comparisons, local car meets or shows, and just basic overall local knowledge sharing. Until now, we have never had a clean and simple method or search capability to do so. Well the time has come!

We have enhances the site to enable us to input, track, display, as well search for members by province and/or state. Is it simple and easy to do, and we will surely all reap the rewards for doing so.

Please follow these simple procedures in order to benefit from this change:

- For all future new members, they will be required to supply their two letter state or provincial code at the time of sign up.

- For everyone else (existing members), please go and add your two digit state code or province by clicking on "My Controls" then "Edit Profile Information". You will see a spot mid way down the page to make this input change.

Once you correctly complete the process, when you look at any topic page, those who entered their state or province code, it will show right below your member number.

To search for members in the same state/ province, click on "Members", then click "Toggle More Options" the last search field (mid way down the screen) will ask for this two digit code or province. Once entered the search will display all successful matches. You can then PM or contact those you wish.

I hope this new feature will be of benefit to the group as a whole. Based on the number of threads we see of people doing "shout outs", I think this will make a great tool and further enhance the site.

Thanks and happy posting!

Nice work but what's a PROVIDENCE?

I have a question - where will members like MiniME, Lurker, Snoopy and Lurker Too show up?? Will it say they are all from Virginia? :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Sorry Bill. I'll go back to my corner now.

HSURB

:backtotopic: but if I had my way, the second I realized a second profile was made, I would delete it! Bottom line anyone who needs more than one is up to no good! That would help eliminate the lurkers and :stirpot::hysterical:

Archived