TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS more valuable than KR?

I say 1000 KR's will be made and sold........probably much less than 1000 SS will be sold....some 600 and some 750 HP........so far less SS will be around in a few years. I woudl say that the SS will be more valuable.....

LuisA

I say 1000 KR's will be made and sold........probably much less than 1000 SS will be sold....some 600 and some 750 HP........so far less SS will be around in a few years. I woudl say that the SS will be more valuable.....

LuisA

Not only fewer... but more types as well.... colors and coupes/verts

So that being said if we are gonna have the crazy talk about future value...

which by the way me thinks its way crazy cause my son MAY be the one to see the value increase.

but..... here goes....

I think at first the KR wins in value -- ADM's and supply and demand

but

then down the road the SS and for my son's sake I think a Black SS Vert will be worth the most!!!

:headspin:

As far as value, I think that both will hold their own. These will both be very rare cars. As far as quality, the Red SS was the first prototype built.

Not being smarmy, but as per Merriam-Webster, the definition fits the description: "an original model on which something is patterned"

I saw it yesterday and it was being tested with some other parts too (no comment here!) ;)

These parts were a little rough, but I know they are proto parts, not finished goods...that's why it's a prototype for goodness sake.

Yeah, they were a little ugly, but I got faith (and a little knowledge on who's making these pieces, and they are very competant). By the way, it sounded siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!!!!! :happy feet: Wayyyy mean!!!

Also, I will say that the final quality will be the same for both as both are being built at Shelby Autos :)

Hey Crispy, what exhaust system did it have on it and was it the 600 or 725 engine?

Anyway, as far as what they are going to be worth...I paid 10k over for my GT500 and will pump in another 31k for the 725 SS. If someone is going to buy a KR, they are going to pay much more than 10k over. So, in five years what would you be able to get for either car and, having to take into account the ADM, who would lose more? Only time will tell. But, no one has even asked the question (at least to my knowledge), what happens to the value of the KR if they produce them for another year? Only time will tell I guess....

Happy holidays everyone.

Guest markham51

IMHO both coolness and production numbers drive pricing. The KR on one hand has the King of the Road cachet but the SS (especially 700hp version) will be more rare and hopefully live up to its HP potential. I plan to have both... but if I had to choose only one... I would go with the 700hp SS. I think the 700SS will have both the collectability and the sizzle. (not that I really care about the collectability) I do think a low mileage KR with the 700HP SS upgrade will fetch a pretty penny some day.

It was the over 725 engine...with JBA (it's the prototype).

I didn't drive that one yet, but the anticipation is killing me!

Value...who really knows?!?!? They will both be rare & desireable for sure. I am buying what I like, the SuperSnake. No fault to the KR at all as I love that too. The SS just fits my personality type a little better :hysterical:

Not derailing the thread, but I DID get a chance to drive the V6 S/C Terlingua while I was there. Pulled it right off of the museum floor. It's ALOT of fun! The S/C sound and exhaust note are addictive, and it is very well composed on the road. This is definitely going to be another fun car!

But, no one has even asked the question (at least to my knowledge), what happens to the value of the KR if they produce them for another year? Only time will tell I guess....

Happy holidays everyone.

thats a GREAT question. i havent heard Ford say that they are only going to build it for one year!

i might should look that up :superhero:

michael morris

As we all know there is no specific formula available to determine with absolute certainity what direction the value of these cars will go in the future, but the way I see it, the final total of KRSS produced would be a significant factor in determining their future value.

We know that there will be 1,000 KR's built, but of those 1,000 how many will get SS'd? 1? 2? 10? 100? My guess? Less than 5 will, if that. If that ends up being the case, then I would have to imagine that the future collectiblity value of those 5 cars would be much higher than the remaining untouched 995 KR's.

Remember, the SS package is being produced within the same family that is producing the KR, so I don't see the connection between the loss of value if a KR is modded to an KRSS within that family too. Did I potentally hurt my SGT by having SAI mod it with every available option they offered at the time I had the work done and turned into a SGT/SC? Me thinks not. If anything, what was added to the car by SAI will make it more valuable to someone in the future, but only time will tell and I suspect that I will be long dead and gone by then and will never know the answer.

If it wasn't for the loss of warranty issue, if I were SAI I would ONLY offer the 725 H.P. package for the KRSS mod. That way there wouldn't be any H.P. inconsisties between those KR's that actually do end up being modded to a KRSS.

To take that one step further, because this is supposed to be the KING of the road, IMO SAI should really make every KRSS an 800 H.P. car and then go tell Chevy to stuff the Blue Devil, Corvette SS, or whatever the hell they are going to end up calling the 650 H.P. Vette, up their exhaust pipe.

Note: There will only be a total of 1,000 KR's ever produced. None in 09' or beyond that.

As we all know there is no specific formula available to determine with absolute certainity what direction the value of these cars will go in the future, but the way I see it, the final total of KRSS produced would be a significant factor in determining their future value.

We know that there will be 1,000 KR's built, but of those 1,000 how many will get SS'd? 1? 2? 10? 100? My guess? Less than 5 will, if that. If that ends up being the case, then I would have to imagine that the future collectiblity value of those 5 cars would be much higher than the remaining untouched 995 KR's.

Remember, the SS package is being produced within the same family that is producing the KR, so I don't see the connection between the loss of value if a KR is modded to an KRSS within that family too. Did I potentally hurt my SGT by having SAI mod it with every available option they offered at the time I had the work done and turned into a SGT/SC? Me thinks not. If anything, what was added to the car by SAI will make it more valuable to someone in the future, but only time will tell and I suspect that I will be long dead and gone by then and will never know the answer.

If it wasn't for the loss of warranty issue, if I were SAI I would ONLY offer the 725 H.P. package for the KRSS mod. That way there wouldn't be any H.P. inconsisties between those KR's that actually do end up being modded to a KRSS.

To take that one step further, because this is supposed to be the KING of the road, IMO SAI should really make every KRSS an 800 H.P. car and then go tell Chevy to stuff the Blue Devil, Corvette SS, or whatever the hell they are going to end up calling the 650 H.P. Vette, up their exhaust pipe.

Note: There will only be a total of 1,000 KR's ever produced. None in 09' or beyond that.

I like the way you think. :superhero::superhero:

While it might be nice that there won't be more than 1000 "ever" built, I just don't know how that can be set in stone. Ford wants to sell cars and get folks interested in their line-up. The KR has done that and more. The magazine articles, along with front page pictures have created quite a buzz. Other than kaylan1521 stating it, I have heard nothing other than "1000KR's will be built for 2008" and nothing stating that there will "never" be any more. Just like folks who were under the impression that no more GT500s would not be built after a certain year we are finding out that they will probably build more. Ford wants to sell cars and create excitement in their line; Shelby products are doing just that. Why would they stop?

Personally, I would be very cautious about paying $50k or more over MSRP on a car that there is no guarantee there will "never" be any more of. Hell, I paid $10k over just six months ago and now I could get one near or at MSRP. I am OK with that but if I paid over $50k more, man, not only would I be pissed but my wife, oh God, I can tell you that I would never hear the end of that one. :finger:

Archived