TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS more valuable than KR?

In the back of the Shelby magazine that is out in newsstands now there is a list of old and new shelbys and their values. The magazine lists the value of an '08 KR at $85k and the '08 SS at $105k. Will the SS have a better resale value than the KR?

KR's appear to be going for $50k over MSRP on ebay. An '08 SS will likely set you back $80-85k if you get a good price for a GT500. I believe the production numbers will be the same for both (1000 units each).

I can be in an GT500/SS for about $75K. I expect that most GT500KRs will sell for at least $90K. To me an SS is just a badder car. More HP and probably lower production making it a better value. Downside on an SS is that anyone with a GT500 and the funds can have one. Will be much harder to come by a KR with only 1000 made. I suspect that more than half of those will be kept by owners of Ford Dealerships and never be made available to the public. How does the Shelby mag get a value of $85K on a car that is not in production and has no official MSRP?

Ah yes the crystal ball syndrome. I suspect all these cars will be worth x in x years! Bottom line, we all need to get past this car as an investment. This is not the 60-70's! What happened then and now with the HP monsters, may never happen again! So, drive it like you stole it, and IF.... and that is a big IF, these cars are worth ANYTHING in the next 30-40 years, then that will be the gravy! There is not ONE person, press or otherwise, who can predict the value of a car in 30-40 years. It is all speculative! You are better off taking your 60-80K and drop it in the market for 30-40 years as that is almost GUARANTEED to be a great investment. Just my continual .02

I don't understand why ANYONE who purchased a KR would SUPERSNAKE it. It should be left a KR for valuation concerns. At least that's my opinion.

Part of me agrees with you, but, I bought my car(s) to drive, race, and beat on so if I can squeeze another 150 hp out of my car for competitive reasons as well as the super rare exclusivity then why not. Either way it'll be my kids selling any of rides when I'm pushing up daiseies

Why do you think that Shelby values the SS at $20k higher than the KR for the current models?

That's because it is! The only reason why the KR's are selling for more is due to dealership greed. You really can't blame them, they have been hit hard this last year and need every dollar they can squeeze. I for one want to see Ford and the dealers survive, so I don't have a problem with it. But for me it make much more sense to go directly to SAI directly for a better car at a better price :happy feet:

Part of me agrees with you, but, I bought my car(s) to drive, race, and beat on so if I can squeeze another 150 hp out of my car for competitive reasons as well as the super rare exclusivity then why not. Either way it'll be my kids selling any of rides when I'm pushing up daiseies

It would seem to me if you want a Super Snake Ultimately, it would be more prudent to purchase a standard GT500 now at close to MSRP as opposed to paying 85K plus for a KR & converting to a Super Snake which would probably lose most of it's KR identify.

For your info, I have a 2007 Gt500 Torch Red with Black Interior which will converted into a SS when Shelby gives me the call. My number is #218.

Al

It would seem to me if you want a Super Snake Ultimately, it would be more prudent to purchase a standard GT500 now at close to MSRP as opposed to paying 85K plus for a KR & converting to a Super Snake which would probably lose most of it's KR identify.

For your info, I have a 2007 Gt500 Torch Red with Black Interior which will converted into a SS when Shelby gives me the call. My number is #218.

Al

Hey Al, truth of the matter is I really don't know what I want. I got my GT500 in July 06 and I could for what it's worth SS it. I love the idea of a 725+ hp monster. But, I also love the look of the KR and since I have an excellent relationship with my dealer and am likely to get the car at MSRP (shhhh) it's too good of a deal to pass up. Having said all that I drive my cars hard, the way I feel they should be driven. Sometimes I break parts doing it but I can't help myself I'm having too much fun.

Since I will get a killer deal on the KR I will get it if everything works according to plan. If I don't SS it I will leave it stock. However, if I mod it then the SS is my preferred route.

Hey Al, truth of the matter is I really don't know what I want. I got my GT500 in July 06 and I could for what it's worth SS it. I love the idea of a 725+ hp monster. But, I also love the look of the KR and since I have an excellent relationship with my dealer and am likely to get the car at MSRP (shhhh) it's too good of a deal to pass up. Having said all that I drive my cars hard, the way I feel they should be driven. Sometimes I break parts doing it but I can't help myself I'm having too much fun.

Since I will get a killer deal on the KR I will get it if everything works according to plan. If I don't SS it I will leave it stock. However, if I mod it then the SS is my preferred route.

I personally think the KR will be worth more in 20 years left alone as a KR. Even if I could purchase the KR at MSRP I still would not convert to a SS. I don't think that would increase the value of the KR. THE ULTIMATE KR IS THE KR LEFT ALONE (NOT CONVERTED TO THE SS)

AL

I personally think the KR will be worth more in 20 years left alone as a KR. Even if I could purchase the KR at MSRP I still would not convert to a SS. I don't think that would increase the value of the KR. THE ULTIMATE KR IS THE KR LEFT ALONE (NOT CONVERTED TO THE SS)

AL

Once again I do not disagree with you but 725+ hp....... It's like the bright light..... I can't resist.......don't look into the light................

AL

But NOBODY KNOWS the KR snake option and pgk content yet or changes to be made to it.

or price yet so who knows? how rare it can be :redcard:

Ah yes the crystal ball syndrome. I suspect all these cars will be worth x in x years! Bottom line, we all need to get past this car as an investment. This is not the 60-70's! What happened then and now with the HP monsters, may never happen again! So, drive it like you stole it, and IF.... and that is a big IF, these cars are worth ANYTHING in the next 30-40 years, then that will be the gravy! There is not ONE person, press or otherwise, who can predict the value of a car in 30-40 years. It is all speculative! You are better off taking your 60-80K and drop it in the market for 30-40 years as that is almost GUARANTEED to be a great investment. Just my continual .02

I bet you that in 30-40 years those cars would be in museums because no gasoline engines would be available then. I have this strange feeling that we are witnessing the flourish of combustion gasoline engines just before their demise. Like a star that has its most brilliant shiny color before its deadly supernova.

I bet you that in 30-40 years those cars would be in museums because no gasoline engines would be available then. I have this strange feeling that we are witnessing the flourish of combustion gasoline engines just before their demise. Like a star that has its most brilliant shiny color before its deadly supernova.

Don't buy into that doom and gloom. Back in the 70's they predicted we'd be in flying cars by now. There's enough oil to keep us feeding these bad boys until the year 3000. Might be a bit more expensive but it'll still be around.

Once again I do not disagree with you but 725+ hp....... It's like the bright light..... I can't resist.......don't look into the light................

I agree with you on the 725HP upgrade. Thats why I am converting my 07 GT500 to a 725HP monster. However, if I was fortunate enough to purchase a KR at MSRP. I might upgrade the engine, suspension, brakes, etc, but I would not modify the exterior or interior of the car into a SS. I want it to look like a KR. That way I could convert it back to stock in the future if valuation warrents such.

Al

I agree with you on the 725HP upgrade. Thats why I am converting my 07 GT500 to a 725HP monster. However, if I was fortunate enough to purchase a KR at MSRP. I might upgrade the engine, suspension, brakes, etc, but I would not modify the exterior or interior of the car into a SS. I want it to look like a KR. That way I could convert it back to stock in the future if valuation warrents such.

Al

If that were an option I would most definitely go that route. However, I don't know if that's possible but that is one question I will ask.

Every car I've owned and modded always looked bone stock. I never altered the exterior in any way for that specific reason. A couple years ago I was in the staging lanes at the track lined up next to a Z06. The owner asked me if I was planning on making it interesting. I said I'd try and hope that my slicks and skinnies would help me out. By the top of second gear he was taking such a beating he shut it down. I was in my Bullitt that came with 265 stock horsepower that today runs high 10's low 11's :)

If that were an option I would most definitely go that route. However, I don't know if that's possible but that is one question I will ask.

Every car I've owned and modded always looked bone stock. I never altered the exterior in any way for that specific reason. A couple years ago I was in the staging lanes at the track lined up next to a Z06. The owner asked me if I was planning on making it interesting. I said I'd try and hope that my slicks and skinnies would help me out. By the top of second gear he was taking such a beating he shut it down. I was in my Bullitt that came with 265 stock horsepower that today runs high 10's low 11's :)

Nicely done... B)

In the back of the Shelby magazine that is out in newsstands now there is a list of old and new shelbys and their values. The magazine lists the value of an '08 KR at $85k and the '08 SS at $105k. Will the SS have a better resale value than the KR?

KR's appear to be going for $50k over MSRP on ebay. An '08 SS will likely set you back $80-85k if you get a good price for a GT500. I believe the production numbers will be the same for both (1000 units each).

KR will always be worth more as it is a true production car

The ss is a after sale package, never worth as much

Also, expect the quality to be alot better on the KR

The SS is sub par IMO, the red one I saw, the head rests and dash pod looked tacked on and the colors did not match, the rear mufflers were not even close to lining up, fit and finish was lacking. The SS is awsome but for the money you are better off building one yourself or if you have the money and want something that will hold its value, get the KR

KR will always be worth more as it is a true production car

The ss is a after sale package, never worth as much

Also, expect the quality to be alot better on the KR

The SS is sub par IMO, the red one I saw, the head rests and dash pod looked tacked on and the colors did not match, the rear mufflers were not even close to lining up, fit and finish was lacking. The SS is awsome but for the money you are better off building one yourself or if you have the money and want something that will hold its value, get the KR

i do agree that the KR will proably be worth more, but to say the quality will be better is WAY off. they are being built by the same folks, but the difference is the KR will go to the dealer and the dealer will have to take care of the customer if something is wrong. they make it and then they are done. with the SS THEY are resposible to the customer. NO middle man. if it aint right its thier butt. so quality will be just as good if not better on the SS.

the red car you saw, 0001C, is a CONCEPT car. is was built by hand with hand made parts. i know for a fact that the exhaust has been replaced and or fixed a few times. that car was put together to see how things would or wouldnt fit. the GO car, 0002P, is pretty much the same way. the headrest DONT match, but they are just trying things on to see what they look like.

wait until you see a PRODUCTION SS before you making a comment on quality

michael morris

i do agree that the KR will proably be worth more, but to say the quality will be better is WAY off. they are being built by the same folks, but the difference is the KR will go to the dealer and the dealer will have to take care of the customer if something is wrong. they make it and then they are done. with the SS THEY are resposible to the customer. NO middle man. if it aint right its thier butt. so quality will be just as good if not better on the SS.

the red car you saw, 0001C, is a CONCEPT car. is was built by hand with hand made parts. i know for a fact that the exhaust has been replaced and or fixed a few times. that car was put together to see how things would or wouldnt fit. the GO car, 0002P, is pretty much the same way. the headrest DONT match, but they are just trying things on to see what they look like.

wait until you see a PRODUCTION SS before you making a comment on quality

michael morris

Can't agree more

I guess but Id take a KR anyday over the SS

I still think quality should be better coming down the Ford assembly line that by some Shelby workers at vegas or tasca.

Just cause machines are better than humans

I love the SS but the KR is a bit more subtle

Im hoping Tasca does a nice job with these cars because I live about 45 min away so Im routing for the home team! I love going down there and cant wait to go and spy a look at a SS being built :D

I guess but Id take a KR anyday over the SS

I still think quality should be better coming down the Ford assembly line that by some Shelby workers at vegas or tasca.

Just cause machines are better than humans

I love the SS but the KR is a bit more subtle

Im hoping Tasca does a nice job with these cars because I live about 45 min away so Im routing for the home team! I love going down there and cant wait to go and spy a look at a SS being built :D

Maybe u can be quality control for mine when its at Tasca since u r so close....

:hysterical:

Archived