TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Greetings

tlea7

Hi all,

I am certainly not new to Shelbys but new to the new ones. I've had a bunch of 67-68s and now considering purchase of a new one and thought I'd get some input. It seems like a decent time to buy with all the uncertainty and economic drops. From what I am experiencing I'm pretty sure I can get a car right around MSRP. What are the feelings between 07s and 08s? There isn't a big difference in price. Also I am intrigued by the grabber orange cars but I'm a little concerned that they don't become the lime golds of the 60s. Thanks in advance.

Tim

Welcome and good choice of forums and cars! :happy feet: I agree that you can probably snatch a car at right around MSRP these days if you do some homework. As for color, they all look great, but Ebony is the fastest :hysterical: As for the differences between the 07 and 08, not much really, some minor tweaks to correct some issues from 07, and the 08 offers HID lights, ambient lighting, and some new colors. I would say either car is worth the price and go with which ever car you can get your way at your price. Some hard line guys may stay the 07 is going to "someday" be worth more, whatever, but I think the 08 does have some slight improvements.

Again, any year will do, any color, bottom line a great car!

Have fun. This is a great site with great people, glad to have you! :headspin:

Go with the '08. Very minor stuff, but what the heck, they're the same price.

Pick the color you like. Generally speaking, everybody really like the color of the car they own. I don't think you can go wrong.

BTW, you won't believe the difference! These are REALLY nice cars, and just as badass as always.

Hi all,

I am certainly not new to Shelbys but new to the new ones. I've had a bunch of 67-68s and now considering purchase of a new one and thought I'd get some input. It seems like a decent time to buy with all the uncertainty and economic drops. From what I am experiencing I'm pretty sure I can get a car right around MSRP. What are the feelings between 07s and 08s? There isn't a big difference in price. Also I am intrigued by the grabber orange cars but I'm a little concerned that they don't become the lime golds of the 60s. Thanks in advance.

Tim

Welcome tlea7

Hi all,

Tim

Tim,

I hear you on the lime gold thing. Didn't like 'em in high school; still don't like 'em. I've been around the 1st gen mustangs all my life; sold two '66 stangs to buy the new one.

I was sure I would buy a white w/ blue stripe car, but when I saw the GO's I decided (OK my wife decided :finger: ) to take a chance. I was holding my breath until the day we picked it up. This color, for some reason, really compliments the body lines of the S197. Even the GT's I've seen look good in GO.

But you can't ever go wrong with the classic white w/blue stripes (my second favorite).

MSRP is definitely do'able right now. As far as '07 or '08; I'd say use the bargaining chip with what's on the dealer floor vs. what you really want (options & color wise).

Archived