TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Shelby in the Stable

subguns

Well the Grabber GT500 has a new stable mate as of tonight. I bought Shelby GT-H #137 from a wholesaler about 50 miles north of me. The car was delivered and based in a Phoenix Hertz location. Overall great shape with 14,371 miles on it. Runs great and OASIS report only had 1 item on it (loose centerlink). Car Fax was clear and verified registration and auction sale. I did not get any papers with it other than AZ title and sale papers. Does anyone know what should have been delivered with the car as far as Hertz documents? By looks of the dealer title transfers it went through 3 wholesalers and no public ownership. I put some pics of the car on trailer for the ride home.

I was going to try and acquire a KR but this seemed a better alternative for the money invested. Car runs strong and sounds great.... So far , so good!

Ken

6jebafr.jpg

6nuwimc.jpg

Hope all is well for those we met in Dearborn.......

Welcome to the club. Rather than re-type all the info, I'd go to the ShelbyAutos forum, where there are a few posts explaining and showing all the materials you can expect from Hertz and SAI (after you register on that site).

all of the GT-H cars are registered in AZ.you need to get the documentation from hertz to verify the rental location that it was rented from.the delivery location on the window sticker is where you will find out where it was a rental.

I don't know what you mean by registered . . . my car, like all others, was first "owned" by Hertz via their corporate offices in Oklahoma, then was registered in the state it was rented. For example, I think all or most of the Florida cars were registered from only one or two offices and it may be the same thing in California, the two states that had multiple rental locations. Hertz may or may not be able to tell you the exact airport or city your car was rented in, but you can probably figure it out if it came from a state other than CA or FL.

I don't know what you mean by registered . . . my car, like all others, was first "owned" by Hertz via their corporate offices in Oklahoma, then was registered in the state it was rented. For example, I think all or most of the Florida cars were registered from only one or two offices and it may be the same thing in California, the two states that had multiple rental locations. Hertz may or may not be able to tell you the exact airport or city your car was rented in, but you can probably figure it out if it came from a state other than CA or FL.

sorry I meant titled not registered.

on the certificate of origin for a vehicle it states that my car was purchased by hertz vehicles LLC phoenix,AZ.this is on the back of that certificate.on the front it santa monica ford/hertz corp.all delivery tags state that the car was delivered to mccarren airport las vegas,NV .the window sticker also states this as well.this leads me to believe that hertz titles all cars in AZ because this is where thier LLC is based and they would have all thier tax bases out of that state???

Well the Grabber GT500 has a new stable mate as of tonight. I bought Shelby GT-H #137 from a wholesaler about 50 miles north of me. The car was delivered and based in a Phoenix Hertz location. Overall great shape with 14,371 miles on it. Runs great and OASIS report only had 1 item on it (loose centerlink). Car Fax was clear and verified registration and auction sale. I did not get any papers with it other than AZ title and sale papers. Does anyone know what should have been delivered with the car as far as Hertz documents? By looks of the dealer title transfers it went through 3 wholesalers and no public ownership. I put some pics of the car on trailer for the ride home.

I was going to try and acquire a KR but this seemed a better alternative for the money invested. Car runs strong and sounds great.... So far , so good!

Ken

6jebafr.jpg

6nuwimc.jpg

Hope all is well for those we met in Dearborn.......

May I ask what you paid????thanks...

Archived