TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can Someone Help Me Track My new 08 GT500?

rown4au

Hi guys;

I took the plunge two weeks ago and placed an order for my 2008 GT500 in torch red, with shaker 1000, stripe delete, premium interior, ambient lighting, satellite radio, and HID's. (car will be supersnaked at Tasca once I get it)

Now the hard part.... I ahve to wait for it to be built. The dealer had actually already ordered the car and had to change a few options for me after the fact and had originally told me the build date was sometime in January and should be getting the car by Feb or March.

However, I got an email yesterday from the salesperson stating:

"this is the info that I have so far:order # is 9502 priority 10 (highest) order ID is VHT885 currently on material hold no build date is available now. I will keep you informed as soon as I know more."

I don't think the dealer is pulling a fast one but can anyone tell me what this means as far as when I am likely to see my car?

Thanks for the Help;

Jaime

Hi guys;

I took the plunge two weeks ago and placed an order for my 2008 GT500 in torch red, with shaker 1000, stripe delete, premium interior, ambient lighting, satellite radio, and HID's. (car will be supersnaked at Tasca once I get it)

Now the hard part.... I ahve to wait for it to be built. The dealer had actually already ordered the car and had to change a few options for me after the fact and had originally told me the build date was sometime in January and should be getting the car by Feb or March.

However, I got an email yesterday from the salesperson stating:

"this is the info that I have so far:order # is 9502 priority 10 (highest) order ID is VHT885 currently on material hold no build date is available now. I will keep you informed as soon as I know more."

I don't think the dealer is pulling a fast one but can anyone tell me what this means as far as when I am likely to see my car?

Thanks for the Help;

Jaime

Your car will stay on "Material hold" until your dealers allocation comes up. Could be 2 days, could be the very last car built for MY2008. Only way to know is for the dealer to get the info, from their Ford rep, on when their allocation will be coming up. This won't be an exact date, more like a general time frame (ie: your allocation should be coming up Jan-Feb 2008).

After that, it will take the normal time from having the order pulled before the dealer gets it (do a search).

I have found it much easier to get information from Customer Service. You will need the dealer code, the body style (t88) and the order number. All of these things are on the dora. You will not have a serial number to track the car by until it is serialized. Very short time to build after that. As others have mentioned, the car will not be built until your ordering dealers allotment is scheduled regardless of when you placed the order. I ordered in May and if the car really comes in next week it will be exactly 6 months. Good luck and happy waiting. Try to stay busy and the time will go by much more quickly.

That guy Viper is on vacation until January, so blueoval won't work...oh well...phone number works, so just use that...

They are very polite and fast, and all you need is your VIN...I wrote the phone number down at work, since I only call during business days and hours...but it is here on the forums somewhere.

Good luck, and Im in the same position you are!

Dubbs

I am still in the UK but am moving back to the states in February. I emailed the dealer and asked him to find out when his allotment is for. I do plan to have the car shipped directly to Tasca for the supersnake conversion when the time comes and then go to pick it up there when its ready as I will be living in Ct when I move back so not too far to drive.

I actually bought the car from the sales mgr who is a friend of a friend and who had told me that the car was due to be built in Jan/Feb but I am now dealing with one of his sales people. I will be a bit put off if I now find out that it won't be built until months later as I went this route because I wanted to make sure I got exactly the car I wanted when I wanted it or I could have gotten one cheaper from someone else.

Archived