TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby & Ford GT

TonyGT

Carroll Shelby and the FGT go back a long way. I know the question has come up on this forum about Shelby's involvement with the GT and should it be included here. Carroll Shelby had his hand in the FGT project from day one and was given the job of senior tech advisor. As a GT owner I am grateful we are included here as well. :shift:

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any interviews in print in a magazine in the last few years that say

what Shelby advised after driving the prototype

mule Ford GT?

For instance, in layout of controls, choice of gauges,

etc.?

I have seen the picture of him conferring with chief engineer

Neil Hannemann but never read what his advice was.

Carroll Shelby and the FGT go back a long way. I know the question has come up on this forum about Shelby's involvement with the GT and should it be included here. Carroll Shelby had his hand in the FGT project from day one and was given the job of senior tech advisor. As a GT owner I am grateful we are included here as well. :shift:

Awesome Car TonyGT

Interesting, this I did not know. I heard rumors, but hate rumors. Cool!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is there a Team Shelby registry for the FORD GT? If there is I can't find it. Thanks

The Ford GT Forum is a separately controlled and managed Forum, and will in all likelihood stay that way.

It has been around for a few years, and it is dedicated solely to the Ford GT. Not too many folks who dont have Ford GT's may be really interested in all of the technical and "emotional" discussions about these cars. It is obviously open to anyone... it is a public forum, with private areas for members like any other site. Check it out at http://www.fordgt.com/forums/ if you are interested.

"A Proud Ford GT owner".

The Ford GT Forum is a separately controlled and managed Forum, and will in all likelihood stay that way.

It has been around for a few years, and it is dedicated solely to the Ford GT. Not too many folks who dont have Ford GT's may be really interested in all of the technical and "emotional" discussions about these cars. It is obviously open to anyone... it is a public forum, with private areas for members like any other site. Check it out at http://www.fordgt.com/forums/ if you are interested.

"A Proud Ford GT owner".

Thanks for the linky.

"A Proud Ford GT owner".

Thanks for the info - I already hang out in the FGT forum. I was referring to the registry for the FGT - like SAAC has.

Thanks for the info - I already hang out in the FGT forum. I was referring to the registry for the FGT - like SAAC has.

We were asked by a few Ford Gt owners to add it to our resistry, we have I believe, if not I will check. The registry is at Shelbyautos.com

Amy

• 8 months later...
We were asked by a few Ford Gt owners to add it to our resistry, we have I believe, if not I will check. The registry is at Shelbyautos.com

Amy

Jeff Burgy is the SAAC Registrar for the New Ford GT. Jeff is one of only 2 people who have never in the 33 year history of SAAC, missed one of the conventions! he is also a retired FORD Employee who put in 30+ years of service to the Blue oval. He has also owned several awesome Shelbys dating back to when they first came out on the streets. you can contact him at www.saac.com the other Registry that is online is at www.fordgt.com which is a great place for FORD GT owners to hang out and discuss the cars and everything that was ever done or is being proposed to be done to a FORD GT!! a couple of guys named Bony and DBK run the site with some assistance from FORD. once you get used to their sense of humor, you might learn a few things about these great cars and actually enjoy yourself!! I strongly recommend both sites and Registries for FORD GT owners.

Ford does not sponsor the FordGTForum. It is owned by DBK and Bony is the moderator. It is maintained by contributions from Ford GT owners. Very few vendors are allowed to advertise. The GT registry is a separate site maintained by one of the GT owners.

Jeff Burgy is the SAAC Registrar for the New Ford GT. Jeff is one of only 2 people who have never in the 33 year history of SAAC, missed one of the conventions! he is also a retired FORD Employee who put in 30+ years of service to the Blue oval. He has also owned several awesome Shelbys dating back to when they first came out on the streets. you can contact him at www.saac.com the other Registry that is online is at www.fordgt.com which is a great place for FORD GT owners to hang out and discuss the cars and everything that was ever done or is being proposed to be done to a FORD GT!! a couple of guys named Bony and DBK run the site with some assistance from FORD. once you get used to their sense of humor, you might learn a few things about these great cars and actually enjoy yourself!! I strongly recommend both sites and Registries for FORD GT owners.

Ford does not sponsor the FordGTForum. It is owned by DBK and Bony is the moderator. It is maintained by contributions from Ford GT owners. Very few vendors are allowed to advertise. The GT registry is a separate site maintained by one of the GT owners.

Frank,

Though they are not a sponsor of the FordGTForum directly, Ford did sponsor a huge chunk of Rally 1 as well as assistance with Rallys 2 & 3. DBK is obviously tied in via the family with Ford top management and they let us sell the 3 prototype GT's in Vegas. AND.....fjpikul is one of the most senior and most frequent contributors to the FordGTForum!!

Chip

Archived