TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What a Machine!

Light66

I picked up my 08 yesterday. The weather was a pleasant enough in the Mile High City. Two days before it snowed. At this time of the year one has to really pick their driving days. First of all it is an amazing car! Even with the Denver elevation, the machine is a beast. It wants to cruise at 100 all day long. So far no wheel hop or any transmission shifting issues. I can tell there is still much to discover about the car. For those who are still waiting for theirs, you won't be disappointed. And yes, the 08 radio knobs have silver outline circles and the front seat belt shoulder adjustments are funky.

post-7043-1196408489_thumb.jpg

post-7043-1196408533_thumb.jpg

post-7043-1196408489_thumb.jpg

post-7043-1196408533_thumb.jpg

I picked up my 08 yesterday. The weather was a pleasant enough in the Mile High City. Two days before it snowed. At this time of the year one has to really pick their driving days. First of all it is an amazing car! Even with the Denver elevation, the machine is a beast. It wants to cruise at 100 all day long. So far no wheel hop or any transmission shifting issues. I can tell there is still much to discover about the car. For those who are still waiting for theirs, you won't be disappointed. And yes, the 08 radio knobs have silver outline circles and the front seat belt shoulder adjustments are funky.

:yup:

S W E E T

You know I was thinking about black on red, but it shows the gaps on the stripe job. Are they as prevelant in person as they are on the photos?

Good question. And the answer is a definate no. In person, every detail appears well balanced. I do see what you are speaking off. The issue is I took digital photos on the lowest resolution to save server space. As a result, one does not see clear sharp edges. The finer details end up looking chunky. The stripes are prefect, there are no seam errors to speak of. Overall, I am very impressed with the striping application. The high gloss is equally impressive. The striping gloss matches the paint gloss.

Light66,

Congrat's on your GT500! :happy feet: I really like the color/stripe combo looks great! Almost as good as mine :hysterical2: Just kidding she looks great, enjoy it and use the down time to plan your mod's.

Mike

Light66,

Congrat's on your GT500! :happy feet: I really like the color/stripe combo looks great! Almost as good as mine :hysterical2: Just kidding she looks great, enjoy it and use the down time to plan your mod's.

Mike

Thanks! To be honest any color is fantastic. Up in person the car has such beauty it takes my breath away. When I picked it up yesterday at the dealer, it was the first time my wife had seen one and her first comment was oh my god.

Another thing I had it dropped shipped for those you are going to do the same. The experience was painless. I dealt with the Fleet Manager who handed me the keys and temporary tags, then let me drive away. My purchase dealer took care of all local dealer handling fees.

:happy feet: Congradulations, great looking car as it looks the same as mine.

There has been alot said here about the Fastest color combo??????????

But ours is also the MEANEST looking color combo....... :superhero:

Congrats, the car looks phenominal!

KC666

Thanks! To be honest any color is fantastic. Up in person the car has such beauty it takes my breath away. When I picked it up yesterday at the dealer, it was the first time my wife had seen one and her first comment was oh my god.

Another thing I had it dropped shipped for those you are going to do the same. The experience was painless. I dealt with the Fleet Manager who handed me the keys and temporary tags, then let me drive away. My purchase dealer took care of all local dealer handling fees.

Again, congrats. and enjoy the ride. :happy feet:

I recieved your PM, and to answer your question;

TURTLE WAX ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tried it after reading Grabber's topics and posts and although the

rub on polish is a little harder to work with than Mcguires, the results is fantastic

and no white residue on the plastics or stripes and the spray on detailer is very

easy to work with.

And yes "WE HAVE THE FASTEST COLOR COMBO" :happy feet:

You are very lucky, I had a terrible experience with this

Car was accidentally sent to the dealer I bought it from which is like 600 miles from me and it never got sent to the dealer near me that was suppose to get it.

What this meant for me, I was paying for a car that had to sit there for 3 weeks before an enclosed trailer could pick it up and bring it to me which cost me $500, Ford would only split the difference.

My car came with a dinger in the passenger door which probably happened while it sat there. There was not much I could do outside of trying to win in court as they already had my down payment of $10k, so it was not like I could just walk and say I dont want the F***** car!

I am happy yours went well but in the future be very very careful if you chose this route again

good luck~ :)

Well snow and cold has now entrenched itself here in Denver. Got to drive the GT500 for one week! Don't dare and take it out in this weather. Too many unconscious drivers out there! How is everyone else coping with not driving their GT500's? I have never experienced such anxiety in not being able to drive a car I love.

Well snow and cold has now entrenched itself here in Denver. Got to drive the GT500 for one week! Don't dare and take it out in this weather. Too many unconscious drivers out there! How is everyone else coping with not driving their GT500's? I have never experienced such anxiety in not being able to drive a car I love.

Umm, 82 degrees today and sunny...feel free to send me your car if you feel it needs to stretch its legs over the winter!

Funny story- I had a 93 5.0 hatchback mustang in 97, (I remember cuz it was the first year broncos won superbowl), and I was living in Denver, and the first snow I experienced was not a fun drive to say the least. I remember stopping at one stop sign in my neighborhood, and sliding through the intersection and to the next stop sign at the next block where my car finally stopped forward momentum, and slid about two feet to the right till it hit the curb. I shut off the motor and walked the rest of the way...moved back to Texas as soon as the weather cleared in the spring... :hysterical2:

Umm, 82 degrees today and sunny...feel free to send me your car if you feel it needs to stretch its legs over the winter!

Funny story- I had a 93 5.0 hatchback mustang in 97, (I remember cuz it was the first year broncos won superbowl), and I was living in Denver, and the first snow I experienced was not a fun drive to say the least. I remember stopping at one stop sign in my neighborhood, and sliding through the intersection and to the next stop sign at the next block where my car finally stopped forward momentum, and slid about two feet to the right till it hit the curb. I shut off the motor and walked the rest of the way...moved back to Texas as soon as the weather cleared in the spring... :hysterical2:

Great Story. Interesting enough, you are the second Texan offering to store my GT500 for the winter! Is it the water down there? It's suppose to snow again this week. I think it's going to be a very long winter.

Great Story. Interesting enough, you are the second Texan offering to store my GT500 for the winter! Is it the water down there? It's suppose to snow again this week. I think it's going to be a very long winter.

NO HURRICANES IN CALIFORNIA................ :headspin:

Archived