TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hot Rod Mag. Article 0-60 4.5/ low 12's at the drags!!

SVTpower

Not official but after all the negative b.s. on the C&D article, HotRods is actually positive. Not official times yet but they say the motor is a monster torque animal. I'm sure its a couple of months old on facts but they stated 475/ more like 485 hp. ( we now know it's 500) They wrote that there were 5 preproduction cars and they had little seat time, car was rich/safe tune from Ford, and they quickly went off the track to a straight away for a quick pass (before the Ford reps chased them down) with an uncalibrated G-tech. One quick pass, Slipping, sliding, no fast shifts, no calibration on the G-tech, the G-tech read 12.9 @ 111. they quote " we are confident, this car is an EASY 12 second car. Like the front cover says, low 12's at the drags !!!!

12.9 is mach 1 territory I'm not likeing that in the least!

And is there something wrong with Mach 1 territory?

A trap speed of 111 or 112 mph is well above Mach 1 performace (stock vs stock). My Mach 1 traps the 1/4 mile at 105 mph, and the normal range for a stock Mach 1 is 103-106 mph.

no lol... What I said means more power for the mach 1 being an extremely low 13 second car at 305 horses when the gt500 has 500 and is makeing the close to the same numbers as a mach 1. And I mean that theres no way I can disrespect your car or the mach 1 name when I dont even have a car and I'm only 16. Sorry it came off the wrong way!

Not official but after all the negative b.s. on the C&D article, HotRods is actually positive. Not official times yet but they say the motor is a monster torque animal. I'm sure its a couple of months old on facts but they stated 475/ more like 485 hp. ( we now know it's 500) They wrote that there were 5 preproduction cars and they had little seat time, car was rich/safe tune from Ford, and they quickly went off the track to a straight away for a quick pass (before the Ford reps chased them down) with an uncalibrated G-tech. One quick pass, Slipping, sliding, no fast shifts, no calibration on the G-tech, the G-tech read 12.9 @ 111. they quote " we are confident, this car is an EASY 12 second car. Like the front cover says, low 12's at the drags !!!!

Thank's for the post I just bought the book the other day.It has GOOD NEW'S about SHELBY GT500 they let all of 1st gerar peel out and the still managed 12.9 1/4mile Then they addmited that "IS A LOW 12 SEC CAR"and still with the pre production car rated at 475hp .best of luck! :party: :bandance:

Archived