TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby taking SAAC name?

39Mustang

A friend of mine just called me and said that Shelby whether its SAI or Shelby himself is trying to register as a trademark the SAAC name. Are you kidding me! Hopefully someone at Team Shelby or SAI can comment about this and say this is not true. Umm, I know who came up with the name and it wasn't Mr. Shelby. This sounds so petty and ridiculous that I don't even want to talk about it, but if true, how can you not?

Fine, Shelby doesn't want to renew the licenseing aggreement and such, OK, everyone moves on and goes to do their own thing as a 'club'. But, if SAI is trying to steal the SAAC name, then my opinion for the man will change.

Also, some of us own those very rare SAAC MKI Mustangs in the early 90's built by The SAAC Car Co., does that mean SAI will try and absorb those too which Shelby had nothing to do with?

Hopefully, this is not the case... :waiting:

So, what is the truth?

Unfortunately the truth is that Carroll Shelby and SA submitted the paperwork (and spent $1000+) to have "SAAC" trademarked. And it just so happens that this "coincidently" occurred one day before the SA lawyers sent the letter requesting all documents and the cease/desist of using anything with Shelby, Cobra, GT-500, etc to Rick Kopec.

You can google the trademark filing and see the actual document.

It's all just such a shame. Why couldn't SA just start "Team SHelby" and leave everyone else alone!!!!

Unfortunately the truth is that Carroll Shelby and SA submitted the paperwork (and spent $1000+) to have "SAAC" trademarked. And it just so happens that this "coincidently" occurred one day before the SA lawyers sent the letter requesting all documents and the cease/desist of using anything with Shelby, Cobra, GT-500, etc to Rick Kopec.

It's all just such a shame. Why couldn't SA just start "Team SHelby" and leave everyone else alone!!!!

http://www.saac.com/cummings.htm

http://www.saac.com/press_release_112507.htm

Mustang sally, I am not going to get into this debate, but if you are going to post info, please post the correct info. Shelby Automobiles did not file for the SAAC name. Neil Cummings represents carroll and CSL, which is shelby licensing. I have posted many times that SAI, Shelby automobiles and Shelby Licensing have different presidents. I do not run Shelby licensing. I run SAI.

Amy

Archived