TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone have a rocker panel stripe laying around??

I just noticed this when I washed my car the other night.. I could go the half-a$$ way and use touch-up paint.. or, spend $237 on a new stripe set from Shelby. :nonono:

Option number three would be to have my buddy make me a new piece- he owns a vinyl graphics business. :idea:

Here are the pictures: :banghead:

AfterWash011.jpg

AfterWash009.jpg

What do ya think? :shrug:

I just noticed this when I washed my car the other night.. I could go the half-a$$ way and use touch-up paint.. or, spend $237 on a new stripe set from Shelby. :nonono:

Option number three would be to have my buddy make me a new piece- he owns a vinyl graphics business. :idea:

What do ya think? :shrug:

I have a new stripe that I might be able to sell you. Yes, I paid $237 for the kit, but only used one of the door stripes. I have both sides for the Shelby GT fender stripes.

Before you really get to upset, if it's just the lower piece of the stripe, got to a graphics shop and have them cut only the thin bottom piece, don't pull the whole stripe.

It appears the stripe is a silver 3M and any stripe shope should be able to cut you a piece for less than $10.00 bucks, if you don't find anyone, pm me and I'll try to hook you up here in Texarkana with our sign guy, need exact length and width.

Removal is simply just peel back on a warm day, install on this small piece is simply just eyeballing it nothing to loose sleep over.

Another way to repair is simply take a ruler and razor blade for the short term fix and trim back the same length on both sides. Just some suggestions I don't have the kind of money they are asking for a repair.

GG

Before you really get to upset, if it's just the lower piece of the stripe, got to a graphics shop and have them cut only the thin bottom piece, don't pull the whole stripe.

It appears the stripe is a silver 3M and any stripe shope should be able to cut you a piece for less than $10.00 bucks, if you don't find anyone, pm me and I'll try to hook you up here in Texarkana with our sign guy, need exact length and width.

Removal is simply just peel back on a warm day, install on this small piece is simply just eyeballing it nothing to loose sleep over.

Another way to repair is simply take a ruler and razor blade for the short term fix and trim back the same length on both sides. Just some suggestions I don't have the kind of money they are asking for a repair.

GG

I'm going to try that next week.

It does bug me.. but not enough to spend $237.. :o

• 5 weeks later...

Good Luck trying to get the color finish to match. I had the full kit sent to the dealership. They replaced the top stripes and the color is correct but the finish on the stripes is alot more glossy. The original stripes have a mat finish. The service manager is trying to get someone from Shelby to to send out a crew to redo the other stripes since mine don't match and the hood scoop is rivoted in place, not to mention the lettering on the trunk has to be removed.

My white stripe on the hood scoop was all blistered, the stripes that came from Shelby were off white and didn't even come close. They even sent another stripe and it was still way off. The owner of Auto F/X had one made that matched to look a little better and replaced it under warranty but once this stripe issue is resovled I might have to have the hood scoop and stripte repainted to match correctly.

Archived