TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Anniversary on ebay

A 40th Anniversary Black convertible has showed up on ebay. (Ebay # 190176342515). the owner states that this was one the cars signed by Mr. Shelby at the SAI plant in early November. This car is located in La Habra, CA. The opening bid is 75,100.00. Any comments?

A 40th Anniversary Black convertible has showed up on ebay. (Ebay # 190176342515). the owner states that this was one the cars signed by Mr. Shelby at the SAI plant in early November. This car is located in La Habra, CA. The opening bid is 75,100.00. Any comments?

Yea I think there were 14 in the group that got it done shouldn`t be hard to fiqure out whose it is don`t believe there were mant verts done.Maybe he needs the money seemms like shame to go to all that trouble & have to sell.

MSRP on the vert was around $50K. Add $15K for the 40th. That = $65K MSRP

I noticed his plate says Sunrise Ford. I think they were getting $15K to $20K over on their GT500's.

So he probably has somewhere between $75K - $85K into it.

What does having Shelby's signature added do for the value?

I wonder what his reserve is set at?

Mine is # 1,260 of 8,150 Coupes Built and # 163 of 1,054 Vista Blue Coupes Built

Call SVT and they will tell you the build number. They will also sell you a certificate for your car.

Thanks ShelbyDude, I'll check into it tomorrow. I need to get back up to speed with this site.

Chris

The certs give you the build number or the car... For instance mine was 1179 of 2694 convertibles. The cert also gives you the number of your car by color. For instance, mine was 332 of 858 ebony convertibles. According to my chart, there was 8,150 coupes built.

SVT will also include a color, trim and stripe breakdown of all 2007 combinations built. Also, per my knowledge, the certs are available only for the 2007 model at this time.

The certs give you the build number or the car... For instance mine was 1179 of 2694 convertibles. The cert also gives you the number of your car by color. For instance, mine was 332 of 858 ebony convertibles. According to my chart, there was 8,150 coupes built.

SVT will also include a color, trim and stripe breakdown of all 2007 combinations built. Also, per my knowledge, the certs are available only for the 2007 model at this time.

:headscratch: My cert has #129 of 859. It's nice that youpay $40 for a cert and Ford doesn't even know the right number of ebony verts on the road.

• 3 weeks later...
:headscratch: My cert has #129 of 859. It's nice that youpay $40 for a cert and Ford doesn't even know the right number of ebony verts on the road.

I wish they could go a bit more in detail, ie. number of cars with stripes and interior color combinations. Also I've heard of build sheets for other cars going into a lot more detail. Like when the parts where put in and where they came from. oh well beggars can't be choosers...

I wish they could go a bit more in detail, ie. number of cars with stripes and interior color combinations. Also I've heard of build sheets for other cars going into a lot more detail. Like when the parts where put in and where they came from. oh well beggars can't be choosers...

yeah, that is not on the certificate, but those numbers are available on the web in a few places...just do a search for final build numbers 2007 gt500

Archived