TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pictures of 08 SGT w/ Rear Spoiler

ngnear

Hey Larry,

Those photos look great. This is the first '08 seen on the Forum with the GT500 spoiler. Very, very nice. Now, let's see; do I have time to revise my Christmas list to include a new deck lid with the spoiler (why not have both) on it? Jim

Hey Larry,

Those photos look great. This is the first '08 seen on the Forum with the GT500 spoiler. Very, very nice. Now, let's see; do I have time to revise my Christmas list to include a new deck lid with the spoiler (why not have both) on it? Jim

I want this with a magnetic attach option!!!!! A set of strong magnets, even with a rubber pad, would work great! When I felt like a spoiler I coud put it on, and when I didn't I could take it off. :happy feet:

I was going to do that to my car but then when I got it I decided against it because it kinda sets the Shelby apart from the others, no spoiler I mean. But your car looks very good with it, I like it, and the blue color is sharp. I would have waited to buy a blue one if I'd known they were comming out in 08.

I was going to do that to my car but then when I got it I decided against it because it kinda sets the Shelby apart from the others, no spoiler I mean. But your car looks very good with it, I like it, and the blue color is sharp. I would have waited to buy a blue one if I'd known they were comming out in 08.

Thanks for the approval.

I fell in love with the SGT's when I saw the first one on a show room floor last spring. I assume that I know what CS was trying to achieve for his look (1966 Shelby retro) and I appreciate all he has done for the Mustang image.

Personally I felt the car needed something more. It was a long decision process and was not made by a spur of the moment coin flip.

The way I see it, it's my car and it really will not be a collector until I am 6 feet in the ground. (....still holding onto the steering wheel and Hurst Shifter screeming "Man, what a ride!!!")

Thanks for the approval.

I fell in love with the SGT's when I saw the first one on a show room floor last spring. I assume that I know what CS was trying to achieve for his look (1966 Shelby retro) and I appreciate all he has done for the Mustang image.

Personally I felt the car needed something more. It was a long decision process and was not made by a spur of the moment coin flip.

The way I see it, it's my car and it really will not be a collector until I am 6 feet in the ground. (....still holding onto the steering wheel and Hurst Shifter screeming "Man, what a ride!!!")

Your car does look great. I think the solution is to put a little money where my uncertainty lies. I am going to have a second decklid, with GT500 spoiler, put together for my car so I can swap the two at will. It is an easy swap and will allow me to never have to make a decision. Jim

I bit the bullet and had the Shelby spoiler installed on my 08 SGT.

Here are a few pictures for those thinking about the spoiler.

Looks really fast now.

I would like to post other pictures but he photo files sizes are too large.

Did you have the dealer do the work? If so, did they supply the spoiler? Looks great!

Did you have the dealer do the work? If so, did they supply the spoiler? Looks great!

Yes the dealer ordered and installed the spoiler. Stripes were installed by a trim company in town.

The dealer ordered the spoiler from SPP. It took a couple of weeks for it to come in. I understand that it may take a little while to get one.

Yes the dealer ordered and installed the spoiler. Stripes were installed by a trim company in town.

The dealer ordered the spoiler from SPP. It took a couple of weeks for it to come in. I understand that it may take a little while to get one.

Hi guy I like the spoilers on both cars,I have a 04 annv. special spoiler delete just like shelby. I notice all special cars no spoiler,I kinda like no spoiler every mustang you see has one. I get a lot of question at that just my 2 cents I like sgt 08 vistablue awsome.I wish i could order vistablue and sivler strips on GT 500,found the KR will offer vistablue silver strips also that why they did vistablue with only white strips can always change but don't like to alter a car from factory.

I bit the bullet and had the Shelby spoiler installed on my 08 SGT.

Here are a few pictures for those thinking about the spoiler.

Looks really fast now.

I would like to post other pictures but he photo files sizes are too large.

Car should have come from the factory with that spoiler ! Looks great. Rick

post-8704-1196661136_thumb.jpg

post-8704-1196661222_thumb.jpg

post-8704-1196661136_thumb.jpg

post-8704-1196661222_thumb.jpg

I forgot to order the delete on my regular GT so switching to the GT500 spoiler was the best option. The mounting holes are the same as the normal pedestal GT spoiler. I also installed the California Special which is also used on the Shelby GT. I have the FRPP drag pack & handling pack and will be getting the FRPP Whipple in the next month or so. Then I will have to get the Baer GT Plus brakes.

1245500990_f2a63be0d1_b.jpg

Archived