TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500SS Shame on Shelby Program

jsheff13

Please read total for viable replies..........All info so far.... Pic's and info ref's the coupe. I have Given my 10K deposit & rec'd no hello, nothing!! Until I called to complain. Like for this AMT of $$ I expected at least a hello & welcome to some team. After my complaint I received FAX to at least verify U received my $$. I was assigned #405 but have no idea what month or year?? I will be required to del to Vegas. I have received no futher calls or E-Mail. One has other life then to wait with no info for "non business" like conduct. Will rear window have a scoup. Does not sound logiocal on convert. Also my 2007 cvt was to have 40th annivesary badge but to read your msgs who knows??? Also I apparently was an idiot as I paid large sum for extended Premium extended service plan only to read, do to Shelby teams lack of viable response, respondants that try to determine what is real in terms as warrantee, poor fools like me, although I "champion" there efforts as Well Done... but I thought I was dealing with a viable business to respond professionally to questions asked on the many Forums. I like many of u were to young or po folk as I was raised to love Ford and marveled at the La'mans in the 60'S when FORD has finally raised from the ashes and BEAT THE BEST. Finally produced a wonderfull GT40 & Ford GT auto and now the GT500 that I have chosen over a corvett Z Car but am exhausted by lack of professional responses. I am shocked by lack of real responses on warrantee from Shelby staff as I mentioned I paid for extended "well u know" . This is my 1ST response on the forum after 3 months but please excuse typing or other as I am a "Main Framer" retired from Northop Aircraft(B2 program) & IBM and do not know how to do cleaver msg's. ......I also want this msg "copied or FWD" to Amy B. but don't know how to accomplish this. I ask for no special attention or timeing just business like conduct to viable questions....................Please follow up for me & Thanks .......... JP

Please read total for viable replies..........All info so far.... Pic's and info ref's the coupe. I have Given my 10K deposit & rec'd no hello, nothing!! Until I called to complain. Like for this AMT of $$ I expected at least a hello & welcome to some team. After my complaint I received FAX to at least verify U received my $$. I was assigned #405 but have no idea what month or year?? I will be required to del to Vegas. I have received no futher calls or E-Mail. One has other life then to wait with no info for "non business" like conduct. Will rear window have a scoup. Does not sound logiocal on convert. Also my 2007 cvt was to have 40th annivesary badge but to read your msgs who knows??? Also I apparently was an idiot as I paid large sum for extended Premium extended service plan only to read, do to Shelby teams lack of viable response, respondants that try to determine what is real in terms as warrantee, poor fools like me, although I "champion" there efforts as Well Done... but I thought I was dealing with a viable business to respond professionally to questions asked on the many Forums. I like many of u were to young or po folk as I was raised to love Ford and marveled at the La'mans in the 60'S when FORD has finally raised from the ashes and BEAT THE BEST. Finally produced a wonderfull GT40 & Ford GT auto and now the GT500 that I have chosen over a corvett Z Car but am exhausted by lack of professional responses. I am shocked by lack of real responses on warrantee from Shelby staff as I mentioned I paid for extended "well u know" . This is my 1ST response on the forum after 3 months but please excuse typing or other as I am a "Main Framer" retired from Northop Aircraft(B2 program) & IBM and do not know how to do cleaver msg's. ......I also want this msg "copied or FWD" to Amy B. but don't know how to accomplish this. I ask for no special attention or timeing just business like conduct to viable questions....................Please follow up for me & Thanks .......... JP

IMO, For the money being spent, A letter (not email) with a confirmation # and approx time line. Followed up with updates as info became available.

Northrop?? East coast or West??

My dad retired from there around '96. Tested gyro's for the B-2 and other non existent projects.

Left B2 PGM 1991 in Pico R. (S.LA)& PalmDale Assem Plnt in desert. Left for IBM in CO. (Big mistake IBM terrible)As U prob Know B2 in my time was black world. NO talk or Prison say HI to your DAD was member of elite core...Guess I was spoiled by professionals of Northrop. "JP" Very confused by lack of professional responses by Shelby... Hope I did not open can of worms. How do u put all data @ bottom.... Interesting all i"ve had is stk 91 Mustang CVT & 2000F250 Diesel

Wow, sorry you are so pissed off. While I have been somewhat disappointed with the communication (this after receiving a letter telling me I would get an update every two weeks), the fact of the matter is I am excited and looking forward to the SS update. Perhaps SAI was premature in announcing the program and taking deposits. But, you have to admit, it has raised the excitement level for their products; and, has completely turned off a small number of folks (such as the first post).

It sure would be nice if they would have an update thread which someone at SAI was responsible for posting new information each and every Monday. Even if there was no info, that could be stated. with that said, put yourself in their shoes: they have a corporation to run as well as develop products. Not too easy I would think.

There are not many corporations that you can exchange information/emails with employees as you can here. As a matter of fact, there was only one other company that I have been a customer of and they have since been sold to Adobe and now you can't get any information at all about their product.

I for one believe the wait will be worth it, but I am going nuts waiting for it. I hope everything works out for you and good luck.

steve

No offense JP, but if you want to speak to Amy, then I think that you should address her directly. This wasn't even posted under the Ask Amy Forum? Your issues may be legitimate, but I promise you that you will not get anything positive in the way of results from a negative public flogging. Most of your concerns, such as warranty's, have long since been covered by Amy, and Super Snake updates. Amy's email is amyb@shelbyautos.com. I have always had quick responses to all of my emails to her. She is very forthcoming with any information she has, and will get you whatever you need as long as it is respectful. I have just been to SAI in Las Vegas and picked up my 40th. They are a great crew, and my 40th Shelby is absolutely awesome!!! Keep the faith, the ends will be very well worth the means, I promise you.

KingCobra.

Amy has been advised of this posting.

JP. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at 702-942-1710. I have recently e-mailed an update to everyone that is on the Super Snake list. My apologies if this has not reached you. I WILL be giving further updates, starting tomorrow. I will become a frequent poster here on this site and I will be available to anyone that has a question or concern. My e-mail is johnw@shelbyautos.com . Sometimes e-mail may be the fastest means of contacting me. I can't understand why you would have rec'd a fax versus a confirmation letter from Shelby Automobiles. I will make sure that your letter is in the mail tomorrow. The Super Snake has created quite a hype in the Mustang World. While we have been working to put together a production schedule for you (all), I have slipped in my customer service. This post has been an eye opener for me. -John

jsheff13

Call or email John.. I talked with him today and short of providing a delivery date, he was very helpful. Remember, your deposit secures you a low CSM number and a shorter wait. SAI did not have to take reservations, they are accomodating those who want to be in front of the line.

Remember, good things come to those who are patient! :dreamy:

jsheff13

Remember, good things come to those who are patient! :dreamy:

Here Here +1

I have always recieved a reply or response from them when I have had a question.

JP, I liken it to when I was a short timer in the military. counting the day down till I recieved my discharge.

A slow agonizing never ending wait. Then I got rapped up in things that were happening and forgot to mark my calender each and every morning, next thing I new, I was on my way home. :happy feet:

JP. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at 702-942-1710. I have recently e-mailed an update to everyone that is on the Super Snake list. My apologies if this has not reached you. I WILL be giving further updates, starting tomorrow. I will become a frequent poster here on this site and I will be available to anyone that has a question or concern. My e-mail is johnw@shelbyautos.com . Sometimes e-mail may be the fastest means of contacting me. I can't understand why you would have rec'd a fax versus a confirmation letter from Shelby Automobiles. I will make sure that your letter is in the mail tomorrow. The Super Snake has created quite a hype in the Mustang World. While we have been working to put together a production schedule for you (all), I have slipped in my customer service. This post has been an eye opener for me. -John

welcome over John. glad to see ya here.

John has always returned my emails. please send him one so that he can help with your problems.

Lord knows i have no patience, but im trying not to bug the crap out of the SAI guys on the SS thing. i figured ive been waiting 5 years since i sold my Boss 429 to get another car i can wait another month or 2

michael morris

welcome over John. glad to see ya here.

John has always returned my emails. please send him one so that he can help with your problems.

Lord knows i have no patience, but im trying not to bug the crap out of the SAI guys on the SS thing. i figured ive been waiting 5 years since i sold my Boss 429 to get another car i can wait another month or 2

michael morris

[/quote

5 yrs! :redcard: thats not bad. :headspin:

Try 30 plus...... What was I thinken? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

JimC

hi jp,

i said the same things last week in another post and all i got was people make excuses too!

succesful companys in todays world are built on customer service and trust,neither of which sai has.

if carroll shelbys name was not on the door they would have been long out of business.

i too don't like getting jerked around from a company i paid money to.they don't understand just stop the bs and answer calls and tell us the truth!

I couldn't agree with you more. The only reason people put up with this nonsense is because of the Shelby name. Without his name, this kind of poor business practice would put any other company out of business. Mr Shelby surely woudn't approve of this behavior if he still held the reins.

i do understand yall frustrations, but calling SAI out on a public forum doesnt do anyone any good. John said today that he was going to come to the forums alot more often and give updates. i spoke with some folks at SAI and i believe they are VERY close to taking the next step with OUR cars. i stated in a previous post that i have no patience, but i also understand the kind of project takes time to put together and i also understand that the problem yall are having is not the time its taken to get this rolling, but the lack of communication from SAI. i really believe that this thread has gotten SAI attention and things will now be different. i dont work for SAI, but i dont think complaining in a public forum helps. i guess what im saying is it should be handle by email with someone at SAI. if you have been emailing and not getting a response im sorry for that, but again i think that will now change. but only time will tell.

at least we have OUR CSM number and in the near future we will have a GREAT HOTROD.

michael morris

John is SAI's director of sales .... and when I had a problem unrelated to this thread .... both Amy and John helped out. Amy sent out problably a dozen e-mails to various sources and even made phone calls in my behalf to help me out on a Ford issue. I also dealt with John ... prior to my Ford issue, I had never spoken to the man or even e-mailed him, but he made me feel right at home and was a huge help to me.

No one is perfect but you let SAI know of a problem they will take care of it. I think the absolute world of Amy and the job she is doing at SAI and on this forum

* this is "NOT" a paid political advertisement* :hysterical2:

Guys, If you have issues that have not been addressed, PLEASE contact me. I may not be able to keep up with phone calls, but I CAN answer e-mails on week-ends and evenings. If this is a pressing matter, call our receptionist at the front desk and have me paged. I can't understand why people will spend the time to publicly bash my Team, but will not take the time to try and contact me. -John

i do understand yall frustrations, but calling SAI out on a public forum doesnt do anyone any good. John said today that he was going to come to the forums alot more often and give updates. i spoke with some folks at SAI and i believe they are VERY close to taking the next step with OUR cars. i stated in a previous post that i have no patience, but i also understand the kind of project takes time to put together and i also understand that the problem yall are having is not the time its taken to get this rolling, but the lack of communication from SAI. i really believe that this thread has gotten SAI attention and things will now be different. i dont work for SAI, but i dont think complaining in a public forum helps. i guess what im saying is it should be handle by email with someone at SAI. if you have been emailing and not getting a response im sorry for that, but again i think that will now change. but only time will tell.

at least we have OUR CSM number and in the near future we will have a GREAT HOTROD.

michael morris

i do think complaining in a public forum helps maybe if it finally got there attention!

some people don't want excuses we want to be treated like our business is appreciated.

Guys, If you have issues that have not been addressed, PLEASE contact me. I may not be able to keep up with phone calls, but I CAN answer e-mails on week-ends and evenings. If this is a pressing matter, call our receptionist at the front desk and have me paged. I can't understand why people will spend the time to publicly bash my Team, but will not take the time to try and contact me. -John

john,

that would be great,but the receptionest told me she is not allowed to page only forward calls to voice mail.

she said she almost got fired for trying to page the folks there?

hi jp,

i said the same things last week in another post and all i got was people make excuses too!

succesful companys in todays world are built on customer service and trust,neither of which sai has.

if carroll shelbys name was not on the door they would have been long out of business.

i too don't like getting jerked around from a company i paid money to.they don't understand just stop the bs and answer calls and tell us the truth!

Pretty bold statement regarding "customer service and trust, neither of which sai has." I am at a loss as to why you are soooo pissed off. Are you mad that they took your $10k and you aren't receiving a weekly email? Or are you worried they are going to take your $10k and not do the SS upgrade. I don't know, seems a little harsh. Try emailing the upper management of just about any other car company and see how fast they send you weekly emails. But it sounds like you are done with Shelby. So be it, I hear Chevy has a new muscle car coming in a few months.

Pretty bold statement regarding "customer service and trust, neither of which sai has." I am at a loss as to why you are soooo pissed off. Are you mad that they took your $10k and you aren't receiving a weekly email? Or are you worried they are going to take your $10k and not do the SS upgrade. I don't know, seems a little harsh. Try emailing the upper management of just about any other car company and see how fast they send you weekly emails. But it sounds like you are done with Shelby. So be it, I hear Chevy has a new muscle car coming in a few months.

actually i own 2 gt500s,i bought a 08 to have converted because i was told they were going to be in production fall of 2007.i would of not bought another car if i knew it was;t going to be until next year before they start.

so ya, i,m pissed off so say the least.i don't like being bs'd

actually i own 2 gt500s,i bought a 08 to have converted because i was told they were going to be in production fall of 2007.i would of not bought another car if i knew it was;t going to be until next year before they start.

so ya, i,m pissed off so say the least.i don't like being bs'd

Hey George,

I understand where you are coming from; I just think inferring they are lying to us or they are ripping us off is a little harsh. I don't think any of us outside the company can have a real understanding on what this is taking to put this together. Could their communication be better? You bet. But, I just received an email from John with the latest update and he advised me I wasn't on the email list. This after I made my deposit.

I envy you for owning two....would be nice. I am 53 and this is my fourth. I had a 68GT500 Vert while I was in high school and a 68GT350 Vert and a 67GT500 later in life. Unfortunately, I bought and sold all of these before they had any value; oh well, that sucks almost as bad as the $10k over MSRP that I paid for my car only to see them at MSRP or close.

I hope you stick with this as I am sure it will be worth it. Have a great holiday season.

steve

Hey George,

I understand where you are coming from; I just think inferring they are lying to us or they are ripping us off is a little harsh. I don't think any of us outside the company can have a real understanding on what this is taking to put this together. Could their communication be better? You bet. But, I just received an email from John with the latest update and he advised me I wasn't on the email list. This after I made my deposit.

I envy you for owning two....would be nice. I am 53 and this is my fourth. I had a 68GT500 Vert while I was in high school and a 68GT350 Vert and a 67GT500 later in life. Unfortunately, I bought and sold all of these before they had any value; oh well, that sucks almost as bad as the $10k over MSRP that I paid for my car only to see them at MSRP or close.

I hope you stick with this as I am sure it will be worth it. Have a great holiday season.

steve

i hope you and your family have a great holiday season as well.

I'm on the ss list with my deposit in there and i have not recieved any email on any updates. I'm starting to feel more like a victum than a customer. why could there not be a simple daily update that says whats new, whats been resolved and whats being worked on. shot sweet and to the point. throw us a lifeline here.

I'm on the ss list with my deposit in there and i have not recieved any email on any updates. I'm starting to feel more like a victum than a customer. why could there not be a simple daily update that says whats new, whats been resolved and whats being worked on. shot sweet and to the point. throw us a lifeline here.

A victim of what? Of being on the list for the SS? A victim of deciding by your own free will to put a deposit down prior to every known option and detail being known?

I think a daily update is alittle far fetched to expect any company to give you regarding the status of the product in question.

I know I would rather have them working on getting the package finalized and ready for production then wasting time by sending out an email everyday to let everyone know if anything has changed. I think twice a month would be very nice though.

I'm more worried about the final package and it being everything I want and being completely satisfied verse what's going on at SAI every single day. I know they are working on it and have a very open line of communication here. Let's all cut them some slack and at the very least be polite to them on these boards. They don't have to come here and answer any questions or put up with any type of bashing.

How many businesses will make changes and welcome constructive feedback like Amy and the crew at SAI has?

Archived