TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber - HELP!!!!!!!!

Dennis70Mach

Grabber, I was hoping you could use some of your connections to help me find out the status of the car I ordered. The car was built November 6th and was initially listed with an ETA of 11-15. A week later the ETA changed to 11-22, but the car still isn't here. I called SVT this morning and the guy I spoke to said that the car was at the yard to be shipped, but a "paint issue" was discovered and the car was sent back to the body shop at the plant. :banghead: HELP!!!!! Can you use your resources to find out what happened to the car. As you may recall, I have ordered this car as a Christmas present for my son and I have several things planned for it before Christmas, so I am now officially in panic mode. I have listed the VIN below, please let me know anything you can. Thank you!!

1ZVHT88S485145729

Dennis Price

Dennis,

Your kids new Shelby(red with black stripes) doesn't have a paint problem,it is missing a piece of plastic.They are pulling it and putting the missing piece on today and then sending it to auto port for shipping.

Don't panic.

Be patient.

It will ship very soon.

You owe Birdie big time.

Grabber, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!

Yesterday, I had contacted the dealer, he knew nothing about the status of the car.

The dealer contacted the Ford zone rep, he knew nothing about the status of the car and was going to contact UPS to determine the shipping status of the car. What the ...???!!!

I don't know who you know or how you get your information, but you should charge for it!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! My wife and I have been looking forward to this Christmas and giving this car to my son for the last 2 years. This is an event that I will rememeber and he will remember for the rest of his life. Thanks again for your help and putting my mind at ease.

Whatever you want, name it!!

Yesterday, I had contacted the dealer, he knew nothing about the status of the car.

The dealer contacted the Ford zone rep, he knew nothing about the status of the car and was going to contact UPS to determine the shipping status of the car. What the ...???!!!

I don't know who you know or how you get your information, but you should charge for it!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! My wife and I have been looking forward to this Christmas and giving this car to my son for the last 2 years. This is an event that I will rememeber and he will remember for the rest of his life. Thanks again for your help and putting my mind at ease.

OK, everyone sing-a-long.....

:happy feet: Dennis and family is gonna have a holy jolly christmas.... :happy feet:

:hysterical:

Make sure you get LOTS of pics and LOTS of video! You will be able to relive the moment many times over in the future.

We love love to see some video of your son when he first see's this on x-mas.

BTW....did I say I can be adobted? Dad? :happy feet:

Grabber,

Go for the red paint job. :hysterical: You gotta get away grom that little school bus look :hysterical2:

Shelbydude, I'm trying to get the photographer who does all of the pictures for the Kansas City Chiefs to come out and take the pictures. However, it's Christmas day and I don't know if it's going to work. The back up plan is to have relatives take both video and pictures of the event. Trust me, I've planned out exactly how it's going to work:

He will open his presents on Christmas morning, except for the Shelby presents that will be wrapped and in a different place. Once everyone's done opening their presents, I'm going to tell my son that his last gift is in my car in the driveway. (My wife and I will have pushed the car out of the garage and into the driveway earlier in the morning.) We will all head out to the driveway and voila!! I've planned this kind of like that movie "A Christmas Story" with the kid who wanted a Red Ryder BB gun. Hopefully, it will go like that without the BB ricochet of course. Man, I can't wait!! I'm more excited for this than any gift I have ever gotten for Christmas when I was growing up. Oh well, I'm counting down the days. I'm just praying for good weather. (no snow)

Hey Grabber, thanks again! I literally laid awake last night wondering what I was going to do if something serious was wrong with the car and it didn't make it in time for Christmas. I have relatives flying in from Ohio for Christmas just for this event. If you remember, there was a person on this forum who had ordered a Vapor GT 500 and their car was behind ETA as well. You had been able to find out that their Vapor GT 500 came out pinkish in color and the dealer was going to have to order a whole new car. That story kept running through my mind last night as I laid awake in bed. Thanks again for putting my mind at ease!

A TVS Super charger for me and Joe will do just fine.

Thank you.

:)

Grabber... Im a new member having a similar problem to Dennis70mach. My GT 500 was built Oct 17 but has not budged since. My dealer cant seem to get any clear information. Today he was told by his connection that all GT 500s were on hold. VIN 1ZVHT88SX85139515 If you can get me any information I will send you a bird catcher for your car. Thanks

Grabber... Im a new member having a similar problem to Dennis70mach. My GT 500 was built Oct 17 but has not budged since. My dealer cant seem to get any clear information. Today he was told by his connection that all GT 500s were on hold. VIN 1ZVHT88SX85139515 If you can get me any information I will send you a bird catcher for your car. Thanks

The dealer was invoiced on 9/25

They didn't build it until 10/17

It should have been there the first week of Nov

You still don't have it.

Incredible!

Does your dealer say what the status of it is showing?

The dealer was invoiced on 9/25

They didn't build it until 10/17

It should have been there the first week of Nov

You still don't have it.

Incredible!

Does your dealer say what the status of it is showing?

Hi there Grabber I also have a problem like Dennis.My car was production on 11-15-07 on the 11-19-07 it was at Ramp5p. That the last connection I can get ETA was 12-1-07 which is Sat. but I from the south I do not think it will make it for that date just hoping it before christmas my vin # is 1ZVHT88SX85147632 I know you have a lot to do I just looking for any information. Seem like everything has stop Can you check this out for me Thank You !!!!

Has the dealer called the VOPC ?

What does the weekly Electronic printout that Ford sends the dealer say ?

Hi there Grabber I also have a problem like Dennis.My car was production on 11-15-07 on the 11-19-07 it was at Ramp5p. That the last connection I can get ETA was 12-1-07 which is Sat. but I from the south I do not think it will make it for that date just hoping it before christmas my vin # is 1ZVHT88SX85147632 I know you have a lot to do I just looking for any information. Seem like everything has stop Can you check this out for me Thank You !!!!

11/15 was just last week.

Relax a little.

This is the deal guys. I can get strings pulled if there is a *problem*. I can not wear out birdie for no reason at all. After the car is produced...it takes 10 days to stripe it, and then it goes to autoport to get shipped. So if the car shows "released from plant"...it has left the plant to go to the striping plant. After it is striped in the shared Mazda plant, it will be "released from foreign Plant". Then the electronic print out will show a rail car number, and that means it has shipped.

You must make your dealer check the weekly electronic updates and call the VOPC. These guys owe it to you.

11-19-07 awating shipment secondary orgin recevived -D-39 Vehicle location Ramp 5 Flat rock Mi eta 12-1-07

The plant was closed during thanksgiving. I bet your car ships in the next 2-3 days. You should get a rail car soon.

Archived