TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 GT500

blueeyes

Bought from Andrews Ford -- Tylertown, Mississippi. Made the roundtrip from GA to MS in a day. I trailered it. I have it tucked away in it's new home. Anyone intrested in a Shelby, give Danny a call ---that dealership is 1,500.00 over MSRP. Danny Andrews was a real pleasure to work with; he loaded me up with all kinds of documentation for my records. Will post pictures soon.

Just joined the forum. Looks like a great site for information.

Bought my 08 (Vapor - strips delete) a couple of weeks ago. Already added the K and N induction kit and Corsa exhaust. Steeda springs and tubular 3rd link are sitting in the garage. Planning to add a tuner and Nitto extremes (315s in the back and 285s in the front) in the near future as well.

Best price I could find in the LA area was 4k over. Most wanted 10 plus.

Car is a lot of fun and I plan on driving it. You only go around once... :happy feet:

post-11493-1196032181_thumb.jpg

post-11493-1196032181_thumb.jpg

Just joined the forum. Looks like a great site for information.

Bought my 08 (Vapor - strips delete) a couple of weeks ago. Already added the K and N induction kit and Corsa exhaust. Steeda springs and tubular 3rd link are sitting in the garage. Planning to add a tuner and Nitto extremes (315s in the back and 285s in the front) in the near future as well.

Best price I could find in the LA area was 4k over. Most wanted 10 plus.

Car is a lot of fun and I plan on driving it. You only go around once... :happy feet:

Welcome!

Just FYI... running the K&N CAI without a tune will cause your car to run dangerously lean. A few guys have the Dyno test runs to prove it. Check out the Mod's section of the forum.

You REALLY NEED to add a tune ASAP! Running lean on a SC engine is bad news.

Just trying to help... no flame intended.

Welcome!

Just FYI... running the K&N CAI without a tune will cause your car to run dangerously lean. A few guys have the Dyno test runs to prove it. Check out the Mod's section of the forum.

You REALLY NEED to add a tune ASAP! Running lean on a SC engine is bad news.

Just trying to help... no flame intended.

Thanks Joe. I appreciate the info - it didn't even occur to me but, it certainly makes sense.

I bought a Diablosport Predator and it looks like it will tune specifically for the K and N as well as the exhaust. I'll install it before I run the car again.

Thanks Joe. I appreciate the info - it didn't even occur to me but, it certainly makes sense.

I bought a Diablosport Predator and it looks like it will tune specifically for the K and N as well as the exhaust. I'll install it before I run the car again.

Very good. Glad to be of help.

Who's tune are you going to be running? Usually you have to get the tune from one of the tuner shops or have it custom tuned at a shop on a dyno to assure it does what you need it to.

Just ask if you need more help - someone will surely be able to help.

Thanks Guys. I installed the Diablosport Pretator this morning. Because the car is an 08, they haven't yet provided a K and N download on their web page. However, there was an option for a generic CAI. I called the tech line and was told this would work well for my set up and that my lean condition worries would be addressed.

Sure enough, it's running extremely strong with no hint of any issue.

BMR - you are right about the wealth of info. It's outright info overload until I can catch up...

Thanks Guys. I installed the Diablosport Pretator this morning. Because the car is an 08, they haven't yet provided a K and N download on their web page. However, there was an option for a generic CAI. I called the tech line and was told this would work well for my set up and that my lean condition worries would be addressed.

Sure enough, it's running extremely strong with no hint of any issue.

BMR - you are right about the wealth of info. It's outright info overload until I can catch up...

Good to hear.

If you want to make sure you don't have problems, you can check out the "Supporting Vendors" part of the forum - http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...p?showforum=109

The guys at Evolution tune GT500's all the time - if you want to MAKE SURE you have a safe tune I'd have them send you one for your Diablosport. You don't want to guess at a generic tune off of a web site - these guys DYNO TUNE their custom tunes to make sure you don't have issues. http://www.evoperform.com/shop/

Also, VMP is another good tuner that many here have used - again, like Evolution, lots of safe and TESTED tunes. http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?

I'd be very cautious about that generic CAI tune you downloaded - probably better than nothing, but you don't want to make a guess and end up with a toasted $15,000 engine do you?

Archived