TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FYI: Incentives on 08 SGT going away 1 Dec.

AFBLUE2

Maybe this has already been posted on this site. If so, I missed it.

A Ford salesman on tms (five oh brian) posted this info.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpost.php...mp;postcount=67

So if you got one on order you may want to go ahead and buy it now to lock in the current incentives. For those in the military there is also a $1000 incentive currently available which can be used with the $1000 cash back available until 1 Dec.

I just bought my 08 SGT from Michael Morris last week. It's still sitting at SAI awaiting conversion.

I guess they could always offer bigger incentives after 1 Dec, but I wasn't willing to take that chance.

Maybe this has already been posted on this site. If so, I missed it.

A Ford salesman on tms (five oh brian) posted this info.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpost.php...mp;postcount=67

So if you got one on order you may want to go ahead and buy it now to lock in the current incentives. For those in the military there is also a $1000 incentive currently available which can be used with the $1000 cash back available until 1 Dec.

I just bought my 08 SGT from Michael Morris last week. It's still sitting at SAI awaiting conversion.

I guess they could always offer bigger incentives after 1 Dec, but I wasn't willing to take that chance.

Ford is cancelling the $1,000 Bonus Cash AND the special financing rates. Effective Dec 1st no more incentives on 08 SGT

The Military incentive is $500, not $1,000

That's odd because me and another military buyer got a $1000 military incentive and we both bought in November. I was told it went from $500 to $1000 at the beginning of November.

I also took advantage of the 3.9%/36 mos financing.

Didn't you get X-Plan?

Military is not compatible with X-Plan sales.

Vincent shows Military is $500 10/02/2007 - 1/02/2008

Here are the regions:

2007/2008-MODEL SELECT VEHICLES MILITARY APPRECIATION (PGM#32504) (Atlanta, Boston, California, Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver, Detroit, Kansas City, Memphis, New York, Northwest, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Southwest, Twin Cities, Washington - Baltimore Metro FDAF, Washington D.C. FDAF)

Didn't you get X-Plan?

Military is not compatible with X-Plan sales.

Vincent shows Military is $500 10/02/2007 - 1/02/2008

Here are the regions:

2007/2008-MODEL SELECT VEHICLES MILITARY APPRECIATION (PGM#32504) (Atlanta, Boston, California, Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver, Detroit, Kansas City, Memphis, New York, Northwest, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Southwest, Twin Cities, Washington - Baltimore Metro FDAF, Washington D.C. FDAF)

No I didn't do X-Plan because I got a better deal doing the $2K in rebates.

I'm in Virginia Beach, VA, so I don't know if I'm in 1 of those regions.

Beats me how I got $1K instead of $500 but I did get it.

For any military members overseas right now or heading that way. $2500 rebate on SGT. Expires Dec 3rd.

http://www.encs.com/

http://www.encs.com/uploadedFiles/ENCS/Fin...d-Worldwide.pdf

I seen the rebate chart they have and I'm guessing that was a misprint. (we get simluar cheat sheets like that and they sometimes list incorrect info. That is why Ford says to verify everything through vincent first)

It shows the 08 SGT as getting a $2,500 rebate. At the bottom it states about $500 of that being for military, which implys the rebate is $2,000 which it is not. It is $1,000 bonus cash. Add the $500 military and it comes to $1,500

There is also no program numbers listed and whatever Ford shows in vincent is what Ford will pay. If it does not show in vincent Ford will not pay and if the dealer applies anything not showing in vincent Ford will charge it back to the dealer.

The only thing showing in vincent is what I posted above.

Well then maybe it was briefly at $1K and has now reverted back to $500. Dunno.

The Exchange overseas Ford program is different from what Ford offers in the states, but I'm not how Vincent relates to it if at all.

Does the customer buy through a dealer in the States?

Buying through any dealer in the States will be based on whatever vincent shows. Rebates and incentives can be different in different regions, but it looks like the military incentive listed all the regions.

I remember MM posted something about his region was offering an additional $500 bonus cash on the 07 SGT which wasn't offered here.

That must be it because I got it through MM. Maybe it's an additional Wayne Morris Ford Military appreciation discount. Wouldn't surprise me :)

What is the Military Advantage Program?

The Military Advantage Program is an exclusive car-buying program created by the military, for the military serving outside the 50 United States. As a member of the U.S. military serving overseas, you are eligible to purchase a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Harley-Davidson or Buell vehicle with special military discounts, rebates and consumer protections you cannot get anywhere else.

http://www.encs.com/program.aspx?id=47#a0

That must be it because I got it through MM.

http://www.encs.com/program.aspx?id=47#a0

I read that. Consumer protections is referring to price protection on ordered units where if Ford has a price increase your price is locked in without being affected by the new increase. Discounts would apply to the $500 military.

Serving over seas may offer something more but it doesn't show up here in our vincent.

Don't you have to be over seas to get that anyway? The way I read it it applies to military serving over seas. So how do you qualify if you are here and not over seas at the time?

:headscratch: Not sure what I've said that I need to "drop it", when I'm trying to help members save some money.

Hey, I want to know too! If there is something I'm missing I want to know about it. I love giving Ford's money away and if they are offering any I want to know about it so I can make sure any customers get it!

Don't you have to be over seas to get that anyway? The way I read it it applies to military serving over seas. So how do you qualify if you are here and not over seas at the time?

Yes, you have to be overseas for 30 consecutive days i.e. you don't have to be stationed overseas. That's not too hard for most people in the military these days. Most Army and Marines are gone 7- 15 months. All you need is a deployment/TDY overseas for 30 days and you qualify.

Every major base overseas has an office where you can order these cars.

I may have gotten a better deal doing this myself but I didn't know if or when I would be overseas, so I didn't use it. I just got back from a 60 day deployment and walked by the military sales office everyday. If the military sales deal is $2500 off MSRP, then I got a better deal with MM.

I know a lot of guys in the military get their Harleys that way. Saves them alot of money compared to buying it from dealers in the states.

I may have gotten a better deal doing this myself but I didn't know if or when I would be overseas, so I didn't use it. I just got back from a 60 day deployment and walked by the military sales office everyday. If the military sales deal is $2500 off MSRP, then I got a better deal with MM.

I know a lot of guys in the military get their Harleys that way. Saves them alot of money compared to buying it from dealers in the states.

The way I read that sheet the $2,500 was saying rebates. So not $2,500 off MSRP. Regardless of what price the dealer sells it for, the $2,500 would come off that as rebates. So you could get a deal at $500 over invoice and then the $2,500 rebates would come off that where you actually end up paying $2,000 below invoice.

But based on the programs Ford is showing us, there is a $1,000 rebate and $500 military. So if I was to sell you one at $500 over invoice, you would end up paying $1,000 below invoice after the $1,500 in rebates you get. Plus the 3.9% for 36 months.

:headscratch: Not sure what I've said that I need to "drop it", when I'm trying to help members save some money.

Sowy you thought I was talking to you. It was BlueBell I was speaking to.

I will go to my corner now and let you 2 hash this out.

:baby:

It's been over 11 years since I looked into this, but I seem to recall that at the time Ford had a set/non negotiable price that was about half way between MSRP and invoice. If that is still the case then I was still better off going with MM.

I'm sure there's somebody on here reading this that could provide more up to date info on what the latest is from Ford overseas military sales e.g. do they still have a set sales price.

Sowy you thought I was talking to you. It was BlueBell I was speaking to.

I will go to my corner now and let you 2 hash this out.

:baby:

Oh ok, well you can understand my confusion with the "Blue" reference. All's good. After all, it was ShelbyDude that was nice enough to confirm and lock in the X-plan for me.

I even said nice things about him on tms. :)

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.p...883#post1050883

I seen the rebate chart they have and I'm guessing that was a misprint. (we get simluar cheat sheets like that and they sometimes list incorrect info. That is why Ford says to verify everything through vincent first)

It shows the 08 SGT as getting a $2,500 rebate. At the bottom it states about $500 of that being for military, which implys the rebate is $2,000 which it is not. It is $1,000 bonus cash. Add the $500 military and it comes to $1,500

There is also no program numbers listed and whatever Ford shows in vincent is what Ford will pay. If it does not show in vincent Ford will not pay and if the dealer applies anything not showing in vincent Ford will charge it back to the dealer.

The only thing showing in vincent is what I posted above.

Since I just ordered my SGT through this very program, maybe I can help clear up this discussion. First, the price. The way the pricing actually works is they give you a print out with all the MSRP prices for the vehicle (car, options, etc.) There is a column to the right of each listed MSRP with a Milquote price, which is basically Invoice price for the car and the different options. At the bottom of the sheet there will be totals for each column, MSRP and Invoice. The invoice price is what you pay. If there are any special savings and discounts, this will get subracted from the invoice price. This is the price you pay. When I ordered my SGT a couple of weeks ago, they were offering a $2500.00 rebate. So my price was invoice minus $2500.00.

To qualify, you need to be on active duty service serving outside of CONUS. In other words, you don't necessarily have to be in a foreign country. You can be greather than 12 miles off the coast and still qualify to order (think of the Navy/Marines here...once you are on the ship and outside of teritorrial waters you can order). You are also required to provide an FPO address, which you will have if you are on a ship or stationed somewhere outside CONUS. I hope this helps. I think I got a pretty good deal and I was even able to chose the dealership I wanted the car delivered to and the date of delivery (at minimum has to be 46 days after order is processed and can go out to as far as 6 months). I am also using my own bank to finance which means I will get a low interest rate. Oh yeah, you might be required to provide a down payment for certain models (which I was since this was a Shelby) and you will also have to provide a letter of approval for financing if you use your own bank (which I did).

Cheers. :happy feet:

So my price was invoice minus $2500.00.

Well then as you already know from talking with MM you got a better deal going with the military sales.

Guess I should have stopped by that overseas military sales office after all :D

Actually I returned home prior to current 1 Nov $2500 rebate so I couldn't have taken advantage of it. Oh well.

Since I just ordered my SGT through this very program, maybe I can help clear up this discussion. First, the price. The way the pricing actually works is they give you a print out with all the MSRP prices for the vehicle (car, options, etc.) There is a column to the right of each listed MSRP with a Milquote price, which is basically Invoice price for the car and the different options. At the bottom of the sheet there will be totals for each column, MSRP and Invoice. The invoice price is what you pay. If there are any special savings and discounts, this will get subracted from the invoice price. This is the price you pay. When I ordered my SGT a couple of weeks ago, they were offering a $2500.00 rebate. So my price was invoice minus $2500.00.

To qualify, you need to be on active duty service serving outside of CONUS. In other words, you don't necessarily have to be in a foreign country. You can be greather than 12 miles off the coast and still qualify to order (think of the Navy/Marines here...once you are on the ship and outside of teritorrial waters you can order). You are also required to provide an FPO address, which you will have if you are on a ship or stationed somewhere outside CONUS. I hope this helps. I think I got a pretty good deal and I was even able to chose the dealership I wanted the car delivered to and the date of delivery (at minimum has to be 46 days after order is processed and can go out to as far as 6 months). I am also using my own bank to finance which means I will get a low interest rate. Oh yeah, you might be required to provide a down payment for certain models (which I was since this was a Shelby) and you will also have to provide a letter of approval for financing if you use your own bank (which I did).

Cheers. :happy feet:

So basically, Exchange New Car Sales is set up as an authorized dealer through the manufacturer and you are buying the vehicle from them? Then they will arrange to have the vehicle drop shipped to any dealer you choose to pick up the car. The rebates they have from the manufacturer is rebates offered seperate from regular rebates offered to the public. Which would explain why these rebates do not show up through any dealer's end in Ford's system.

So the only way to get this deal is through the Exchange New Car Sales.

Am I understanding this correctly?

What about the GT500? Can't you get one through them as well?

Well then as you already know from talking with MM you got a better deal going with the military sales.

Guess I should have stopped by that overseas military sales office after all :D

Actually, I checked with MM and he was able to beat that price! :happy feet: However, he was going to have to buy the car from another dealer and then hang on to it for 4 months till I could pick it up. I decided it was unfair to him for him to be paying on my car for 4 months and I wasn't in a position to start payments on a car that I hadn't picked up yet (have to get rid of the one sitting at home first) :banghead: . Either way is a good deal, just depends on what you are looking for.

Another important thing I forgot to note. With special vehicles like the Shelby's, the Military Car Sales program gets an allotment each year. For 2008, they only got one GT500, which was already sold by the time I inquired! I think they had about 30 SGT's for the year, of which I got one of the last ones (they also went fast according to the REP). So don't think just because you are in the military you are going to get a chance to grab one of these at a good price, it's all subject to availability (first come first serve)!

Actually, I checked with MM and he was able to beat that price! :happy feet: ...[/b]

MM is just going to love this thread when he reads it later today :D

Congrats on getting one of the best deals out there on an 08 SGT (or 07 for that matter). $2500 under invoice is sweet.

Archived