TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What would you choose!

Something to think about. I have the original brake system still on my 40th. Before the modification, if I drove around the corner, the front wheels were turning black. I had the chrome razors installed on my black vert. The wheels look great and the brake dust does not seem to cling them as with the old wheels. Besides, the chrome will look good with any color. The silver wheels will most closely match the silver stripe just above the rocker panels (40th Anniversary package part)...

I like the 40th wheels, just dissappointed they are not as wide as OEM. I know I'm :beatdeadhorse: and if you want wider you can get a company to widen them, but they should come in wider widths. On another note if you get the upgraded blower (FRP/KB BLOWERS/SuperSnake 600-725+) with the 40th and they still don't offer to at least put the Alcoas on they should offer wider Razors for that. They are saying something about traction issues even with 10" Alcoa on the SS so why not do this?? I know I should just :banghead: and shut up already. Just bothers me that SAI will not do this and they say they are putting the best mods to make the car handle better, so if the SS has 10" in the rear why does the 600-725+hp 40th only get 9" in the rear?? This really contradicts what they are saying about peformance the 40th with the same 600-725+ hp should have the same rubber . Guess this should be in the venting section....... :finger:

What color rim would you use on an Vista Blue coupe, getting ready to pull the trigger on the 40Th,and have only seen the rims in black on a Vista, has anyone else done a Vista to date,and what color rim did you go with,and of course pictures would be great.

IMO if you have white stripes the Chrome razors would look great

If you have the silver stripes, the gun metal Razors would look awesome

Thanks for the input, with silver stripes I think the silver razors would compliment each other, but it is a visual thing for me that I need for confirmation.Has anyone done the 40th with a Vista Blue car yet?

When I was at SAI I saw all of the wheel colors. The silver is awesome. The silver will match the stripes and make the car look like.....a silver anniversary edition.....

• 3 weeks later...

Well I pulled the trigger for the 40th anniversary, going with the silver razor's. Now the waiting game for scheduling. Also is it true they are only doing 500 40th anniversary cars?

quote name='GT500_Grad' date='Nov 27 2007, 03:13 PM' post='261225']

I'm having the same issue. I have a T. Grey and with the anniversary stripes I can't decide on the grey razors or the black ones. I have seen the greys on a few T. Grey GT500s and they looked pretty sharp but I think the black will look real nice too.

:banghead:

Nothing on the number yet still waiting, what power upgrade are you getting ILstang, What kind of quotes did you get for shipping,and who are you going with?

My blue vert goes out to Las Vegas next week for the 40th I picked the silver razors. Also one of the first cars through with power upgrade and brake upgrade. I went with the blue brake package.

My blue vert goes out to Las Vegas next week for the 40th I picked the silver razors. Also one of the first cars through with power upgrade and brake upgrade. I went with the blue brake package.

I'm going with the red brake package and probably the gunmetal wheels. The blue and silver should look sharp. I am still debating on the 600hp package. very tempting.

Has anyone other than the 15 got pictures? I wouldn't mind seeing an GO or TG combo.

Archived