TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007/2008 Saleen Sleeper Mustangs

90GT

e784_4.JPG

e524_4.JPG

Link 1

Link 2

Funny we were just talking about this in the P-51 Roush thread. Basically the car is a standard GT with the Saleen Supercharger installed by Saleen. What's great about this is it's supposed to have a full factory warranty. I'm guessing you could also add other options like a suspension kit but then that would drive the price up more. This car MSRP's for 38k but with the discounts being offered now on Mustangs one could probably get a sweet deal. Nice to see Saleen step up to the plate and offer some thing like this. I wish I knew about this when I bought my car!!! :banghead::censored::redcard:

e784_4.JPG

Link 1

Link 2

Funny we were just talking about this in the P-51 Roush thread. Basically the car is a standard GT with the Saleen Supercharger installed by Saleen. What's great about this is it's supposed to have a full factory warranty. I'm guessing you could also add other options like a suspension kit but then that would drive the price up more. This car MSRP's for 38k but with the discounts being offered now on Mustangs one could probably get a sweet deal. Nice to see Saleen step up to the plate and offer some thing like this. I wish I knew about this when I bought my car!!! :banghead::censored::redcard:

For those of you out there with mega-bucks, this probably won't matter much, but, if you order your Mustang GT supercharged, from the factory, when you go to insure your Stang, does the insurance company know (through some type of factory code) that it's supercharged? I guarantee if they do, you're going to have one heck of an insurance hike over a standard GT's insurance cost! Think of all of the "modification money" that's going to the insurance company, the ENTIRE time you own your car! :spend::banghead: If that's the case, you'd probably be better off having the supercharger put on after you get your Stang. Keep that money in YOUR pocket, not theirs! :rockon:

- Josh

For those of you out there with mega-bucks, this probably won't matter much, but, if you order your Mustang GT supercharged, from the factory, when you go to insure your Stang, does the insurance company know (through some type of factory code) that it's supercharged? I guarantee if they do, you're going to have one heck of an insurance hike over a standard GT's insurance cost! Think of all of the "modification money" that's going to the insurance company, the ENTIRE time you own your car! :spend::banghead: If that's the case, you'd probably be better off having the supercharger put on after you get your Stang. Keep that money in YOUR pocket, not theirs! :rockon:

- Josh

I don't think you would have that problem with this car. There is nothing that specifically identifies this car as a supercharged Saleen. It would be just like if you bought a GT and then had the dealer install the FRPP Supercharger. The vin identifies the car as a standard GT. :happy feet: Hmm, wonder if one could order a new Bullitt and then have it sent to Saleen under the sleeper program...........

Maybe Shelbydude can chime in on this???

I don't think you would have that problem with this car. There is nothing that specifically identifies this car as a supercharged Saleen. It would be just like if you bought a GT and then had the dealer install the FRPP Supercharger. The vin identifies the car as a standard GT. :happy feet: Hmm, wonder if one could order a new Bullitt and then have it sent to Saleen under the sleeper program...........

Maybe Shelbydude can chime in on this???

I would hope they don't have a way to find out it's supercharged from the factory, those guys are pretty sneaky! After all, the only reason the back seats are in the Mustang is to keep the insurance down!

A sleeper Saleen Bulitt, eh? I like the way you think!

- Josh

Excuse me, did someone mention sleeper? :spiteful:

Ok ok, Ruf's got the "ultimate sleeper" on the site, at the moment. Hmmm, and as soon as somenoe buys one of those sleeper Bullitts, we'll have to have a "sleeper showdown"! Give 'em 'the lazy eye' Ruf! :hysterical:

- Josh

Yup, Ruff's got the ultimate sleeper on this site. This car is for those who don't want to go through all the hard work he did. One advantage the Saleen Sleeper has over doing what Ruff did is retaining the factory warranty. The car comes with 465hp with the standard Saleen tune and has a lot more in it. Just check out JDM Engineering's site for proof. If I had the money I'd order a new Bullitt and have it sent to Saleen for their sleeper set up. What a sweet ride that would be!!!!

still not full powertrain warranty. just like when you install anything that is a ford racing part at a dealership you get a 3yr/36k warranty.

its why i'm waiting a couple of years before playing with my car, then i will hope that they'll let me match up to my remaining powertrain warranty!(j/k)

Archived