TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recently announced changes

After reviewing some of the recent SS announcements, I am a little unclear on a few things.

• I see that the 40th anniv Package now indicates it will have an adjustable panhard bar to help the suspension issues. I have not definitively heard that the SS package will.

• Also I was under the impression that there was a choice of suspensions, but I see that now the 725 hp SS will have the Shelby/Eibach set up-but an additional cost???

• Lastly regarding the KB 2.8- I have built a modular with that blower and it is awesome. However I paid 4k for the blower kit for a Cobra. The change to the KB from the Ford Racing blower is an expense, but at $31,995 from $27,995 it seems that there is little or no credit applied from the original blower set up. After all, if we went from a naturally aspirated set up to a KB I can understand the cost, but assuming Shelby gets a reasonable price from Kenne Bell for buying in quantity doesn't 4k seem like a large difference? I'm sure the one piece driveshaft is a nice piece but....

Not at all trying to be negative here. In fact I plan on placing my deposit this week. But it seems like there is some price movement here that I need to understand more fully.

After reviewing some of the recent SS announcements, I am a little unclear on a few things.
  • I see that the 40th anniv Package now indicates it will have an adjustable panhard bar to help the suspension issues. I have not definitively heard that the SS package will.

• Also I was under the impression that there was a choice of suspensions, but I see that now the 725 hp SS will have the Shelby/Eibach set up-but an additional cost???

• Lastly regarding the KB 2.8- I have built a modular with that blower and it is awesome. However I paid 4k for the blower kit for a Cobra. The change to the KB from the Ford Racing blower is an expense, but at $31,995 from $27,995 it seems that there is little or no credit applied from the original blower set up. After all, if we went from a naturally aspirated set up to a KB I can understand the cost, but assuming Shelby gets a reasonable price from Kenne Bell for buying in quantity doesn't 4k seem like a large difference? I'm sure the one piece driveshaft is a nice piece but....

Not at all trying to be negative here. In fact I plan on placing my deposit this week. But it seems like there is some price movement here that I need to understand more fully.

I'm speculating here...but I noticed the same thing you are on your last point...and I think the reason is that the higher HP option doesn't get the warranty. In other words, I think the reason the 600HP version is so close to the 725HP version in price is because there is a substantial amount of anticipated warranty expense in that $27,995. I may be wrong...but that seems to be plausible. If the 725HP version came with a warranty...it would likey have a price differential that was more in line with what you were expecting to see.

Dave

I'm speculating here...but I noticed the same thing you are on your last point...and I think the reason is that the higher HP option doesn't get the warranty. In other words, I think the reason the 600HP version is so close to the 725HP version in price is because there is a substantial amount of anticipated warranty expense in that $27,995. I may be wrong...but that seems to be plausible. If the 725HP version came with a warranty...it would likey have a price differential that was more in line with what you were expecting to see.

Dave

Dave;

I could be wrong here but I think the point was that it should be less of a difference between the 600 and 725+ as the price differential between a KB and the FRPP blower used on the 600 hp model is not $4k.

If they were adding on the expected cost of repairs under warranty then this would also make the gap smaller between the two packages not bigger as I think was his point.

Then again I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed and its been a long day so I could be completely off base...

Jaime

Dave;

I could be wrong here but I think the point was that it should be less of a difference between the 600 and 725+ as the price differential between a KB and the FRPP blower used on the 600 hp model is not $4k.

If they were adding on the expected cost of repairs under warranty then this would also make the gap smaller between the two packages not bigger as I think was his point.

Then again I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed and its been a long day so I could be completely off base...

Jaime

i think what dave is saying is that the 600HP has a money BUILT in the price just in case of warranty work. hes saying the SAI is going to PAY to get it fixed if it breaks, but i think the warranty is still going to be Fords warranty since they are using FRRP blowers. i paying more because i want more HP, i understand why yal are asking the differnce and i just thought it was because HP cost money. jaime im defintly not the sharpest tool so i could be way off on daves comment!

michael morris

I thought he was questioning the price increase for the 725hp SS. The blowers are listed in the SPP catolog at $5629.99 for the FRPP and $6499.99 for the KB (difference of $870.00). The Borla cat back systems is listed at $799.99 (S type muffler) and $849.99 (Turbo muffler). No pricing has been listed for the JBA exhaust system. Nothing on the upgraded drive shaft.

I thought he was questioning the price increase for the 725hp SS. The blowers are listed in the SPP catolog at $5629.99 for the FRPP and $6499.99 for the KB (difference of $870.00). The Borla cat back systems is listed at $799.99 (S type muffler) and $849.99 (Turbo muffler). No pricing has been listed for the JBA exhaust system. Nothing on the upgraded drive shaft.

this is getting funny. i dont guess i have any idea what his questions was :hysterical: im so confused!!

michael morris

My point was that with a relatively small price difference between the blowers I was surprised at such a large price increase for the 725HP version. It is almost as if there is no credit for the Ford Racing blower. In addition it looks like we are now getting a cat back borla system which is unfortunate since the stock system does have some restriction between tha cats and manifolds(in some cases the stock 2 1/2 inch pipe has only a 2 inch opening, at the manifold exit point which was pointed out in a recent Mustangs and Fast Fords article. I would prefer a true 3" system or at least a high quality 2 1/2 manifold back at a minimum.

My point was that with a relatively small price difference between the blowers I was surprised at such a large price increase for the 725HP version. It is almost as if there is no credit for the Ford Racing blower. In addition it looks like we are now getting a cat back borla system which is unfortunate since the stock system does have some restriction between tha cats and manifolds(in some caeses the stock 2 1/2 inch pipe has only a 2 inch opening, at the manifold exit point which was pointed out in a recent Mustangs and Fast Fords article. I would prefer a true 3" system or at least a high quality 2 1/2 manifold back at a minimum.

Ok that was what I thought you meant. I am eagerly awaiting the first few snakes to be delivered to see how the Owners like them and how they perform. I have been on the list since May but have not given a deposit yet, but intend to do so in January unless something drastic happens between now and then. I put down a deposit with a dealer last week and placed my order which they tell me is scheduled for delivery in March or April so I figure Michael Morris will be getting his SS delivered before my base car is finished being built, so I am eagerly awaiting your first impressions Michael!!

That said, my wife has told me I have become a Mustang whore and that I am obsessed with this forum in particular. However, I disagree as I am just doing research making sure that when all is said and done I get the car of my dreams and I ahve already picked up loads of valuable info.

I also figure having a few supersnakes delivered to forum members will give me a chance to decide things like which package to go for (seriously leaning to 725+... if your going to get silly why not get really silly) what other mods are needed (from what I have read so far I think UCA, LCA, and a watts link might be on the menu as well), and any issues there might be with early examples. I am particularly concerned about the idea of no warranty WHATSOEVER on the 725+ model as this for all intents and purposes is an untested package. (by Shelby's own admission they have only built 2 SS's).

Time will tell but I still can't wait!!!!

Well I spoke to Doug tonite at SAI. He really was not sure why the price difference on the 725HP version costs 4k more when their catalog prices for the two blowers is only $870 apart. He assumes some of that money goes toward the R&D costs of developing and aquiring the new driveshaft. I also got the feeling that he felt that the price structure may not be strictly cost based but in part on what people are willing to pay for the Shelby aluminum plate that gets riveted to the engine compartment,

He mentioned that the JBA manifold back system could not pass emissions so they are going with stock cats and a cat back Borla or JBA sytem. What a shame... a high capacity blower and a lower capacity exhaust. It would be nice if the cost were lowered to reflect the reduced cost of the exhaust system and the fact that the catalog price difference of the two blowers just doesn't add up to 4k. Despite these issues I gave him my deposit and will be given a CSM# soon by Cythia when the letter goes out. It sounds like a lot will change between now and the build date as they find their way through the complexities of this endeavor.

PS- KR production is pushed back to March 08 from January so SAI will be running all three platforms simulaneously(40th,SS and KR).

I have a thread about the 3" complete JBA exhaust system, longtube headers and strut brace under Q & A for Amy. I hope they are both offered to us.

Hey, a couple of things you guys may have forgot---

the throttle body-- for one-- is around $1,000. The driveshaft is expensive also. And the custom machining & badges for the intake bits. And yes, warranty comes into play, surely.

Just a few bits to chew on when you are chewing on your turkey today ;)

Hey, a couple of things you guys may have forgot---

the throttle body-- for one-- is around $1,000. The driveshaft is expensive also. And the custom machining & badges for the intake bits. And yes, warranty comes into play, surely.

Just a few bits to chew on when you are chewing on your turkey today ;)

crispy,

I'm assuming then from your post that the 725 package is going with the KB stage 3?

Am I missing something or would this be accurate?

Thanks.

Archived