TEAM SHELBY FORUM

where are the jackpoints?

ok this subject has probably been covered in another thread but i'll probably be spending hours tryin to trace it down....

just wanting to know where i need to place my jack if i get a flat or for whatever other reason. if i get a flat on one of my rear wheels i assume just place it under the axle shaft nearest the flat tire. but what about a flat on a front tire?

There are jacking points on the sides of the car. Behind the front tire and in front of the rear tire. They are in the same area as most cars. However, a standard jack will not fit under the car without being on blocks. You should be able to find a diagram in your manual.

yea i'm goin to get a low profile jack for the SGT

There are jacking points on the sides of the car. Behind the front tire and in front of the rear tire. They are in the same area as most cars. However, a standard jack will not fit under the car without being on blocks. You should be able to find a diagram in your manual.

the owners manual is pretty vague...just says there are jackpoints in front of rear wheel and behind front wheel but i cant see a place to put them...all looks like thin sheet metal :headscratch:

i miss my truck :petting:

i guess my retarded butt needs someone to come over and stick some bullseyes under my car so i know where.

the owners manual is pretty vague...just says there are jackpoints in front of rear wheel and behind front wheel but i cant see a place to put them...all looks like thin sheet metal :headscratch:

i miss my truck :petting:

i guess my retarded butt needs someone to come over and stick some bullseyes under my car so i know where.

then trade your Shelby in for a new truck :banghead:

ok this subject has probably been covered in another thread but i'll probably be spending hours tryin to trace it down....

just wanting to know where i need to place my jack if i get a flat or for whatever other reason. if i get a flat on one of my rear wheels i assume just place it under the axle shaft nearest the flat tire. but what about a flat on a front tire?

There is some documentation stating that you should NOT jack under the rear axle. However, if I were to do it anyway, I certainly would not tell anyone here....for fear of getting flamed.

There are many things on the forum that you can be flamed for...learn them...

1) speaking highly about import cars

2) not using the exact viscosity oil recommended by Ford

3) trusting anything done by Consumer Reports

4) owning a Chevy

Guess who has done all of the above... :hysterical2:

Look under the sides of your car. You should see a thin ridge that runs most of the length between the wheels. A bout foot behind the front wheel and a foot in front of the rear wheel there is about a 2" area that is marked by two curves in the ridge. Those are the jack points.

ok i see them...i was lookin further under the car :finger:

so...now i need a jack low enough to get under where the ridges are

it looks like this kind of jack will fit under the SGT...or am i wrong?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hDjbz5TrHJA&feature=related

This has been discussed in previous threads. Try the link below for a page from the pre-delivery manual showing lift points on the mustang.

www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8852&hl=lifting

Post this link in your browser and scroll down to where 5.4 Shelby listed "LIFT POINTS".

I have a lo-pro floor jack and it's still too tall to fit under any part my SGT. So I cut and assembled a set of three planks in graduated steps in order to get the car high enough off the ground to get the jack under a proper lift point on the car.

I assume that you bought a jack and spare for your car in case of a flat...since, SGT's do not come w/ them.

Shelby GTs don't come with a jack and spare tire?????????????????

What the H :censored: did they do with the ones that came in the cars

when they started out as Mustang GTs???????????????? :hysterical:

Did they change the rim and tire size on the Shelby GT????????

I believe that Ford sends the former "Mustang GT" to Shelby in Vegas with the 18" Bullits already installed...so, they are not "changed". I think this is what youre asking?

I assume that you bought a jack and spare for your car in case of a flat...since, SGT's do not come w/ them.

i bought a full size spare....no jack yet...want to know what jack to use. anything besides floor jacks?

(i like to use Ford factory jack)

i guess i need to stack some 2x10s?...i know when u have a flat its goin to make the car sit even lower. i guess i need about another 4 to 6 inches of wood ramping.

damn my trunk space is gettin crowded. Since we dont have lockers at work i have to keep my filthy work boots in a box in my trunk and wear sneakers while driving to work so i wont ruin the carpeting. anoying as :censored: <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Go to the Ford Dealer and ask them to show you where they put the pads to lift the car. The pinch welds are useless for jacking. They showed me where to put a jack to lift the car front & rear.

Archived