TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 and 2008 tranny the same?

DarkShadow

Here is a photo to help you locate the tag on your transmission.

th_Clutch-TrannyReplacementparts040.jpg

th_Clutch-TrannyReplacementparts037.jpg

This is what my tag says:

8R3V 7003 AC M2671

TUET 8175 B 61213

This is how to read my manufacture date:

M = Dec.

26 = 26th day of the month.

7 = 2007

1 = My tranny was built on shift 1.

Wow! Great detective work, Rob! :beerchug:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is a photo to help you locate the tag on your transmission.

th_Clutch-TrannyReplacementparts040.jpg

th_Clutch-TrannyReplacementparts037.jpg

This is what my tag says:

8R3V 7003 AC M2671

TUET 8175 B 61213

This is how to read my manufacture date:

M = Dec.

26 = 26th day of the month.

7 = 2007

1 = My tranny was built on shift 1.

Thanks for all of this info to everyone. I have a question. Given the revision date is it safe to assume all of them made before that have/will have an issue? I've not been out to look at the tag but my car was bought in Dec. 06 and build in Nov. 06 so I fall in the danger zone but have not had any issues with the tranny to date....That being said i don't want to be on a trip and have it happen so would it make sense to go in armed with all of this info and see if I can get the new stuff? I have a pretty good dealership here but I wonder if there is anything out there telling the dealers they should replace these or if they have to dig a bunch and only do it when something is clearly wrong?

For some reason, not all of the cars built befor June 7th 2007 are showing the problem. It might depend on your climate and how much you drive your car. I am not sure. I do know that there is no TSB and no recall, so unless you have the symptoms that will determine a clutch and tranny problem, you will not get any work done to your car.

For some reason, not all of the cars built befor June 7th 2007 are showing the problem. It might depend on your climate and how much you drive your car. I am not sure. I do know that there is no TSB and no recall, so unless you have the symptoms that will determine a clutch and tranny problem, you will not get any work done to your car.

Hmmm - maybe it's time to start feeling a grind this spring???? Something like - sometimes it's there and some times it's not and ask them to look into the clutch tranny for GT500's - maybe have them call up the chain???? Then again evo ran their stock tranny until the auto went in and they had their care before I had mine I think. hmmm. I almost wish I would get a symptom just to get it taken care of.

Archived