TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Midwest Mod Shop Nominations

JeffIsHereToo

All:

SAI has announced two out of the possible six national mod shops and we need one in the Chicago metro area! I want to nominate Victor Ford in Wauconda! Though they're a bit off the beaten track they are, as far as I know, the only true SVT dealer in IL and home to one of the best and largest yearly Ford-SVT shows around and supporters of SVTOA.

http://www.victorford.com/

In fact when I went to buy some new Ford Racing oil filters they were the only dealer in the Chicagoland area that had them in stock! That should tell you something right there!

Are there others of this caliber in the area, or IN/WI, that I'm not aware of?

I'd like to get a list for SAI consideration if for nothing else than to keep the midwest front of mind for the next shop!

• 1 month later...
All:

SAI has announced two out of the possible six national mod shops and we need one in the Chicago metro area! I want to nominate Victor Ford in Wauconda! Though they're a bit off the beaten track they are, as far as I know, the only true SVT dealer in IL and home to one of the best and largest yearly Ford-SVT shows around and supporters of SVTOA.

http://www.victorford.com/

In fact when I went to buy some new Ford Racing oil filters they were the only dealer in the Chicagoland area that had them in stock! That should tell you something right there!

Are there others of this caliber in the area, or IN/WI, that I'm not aware of?

I'd like to get a list for SAI consideration if for nothing else than to keep the midwest front of mind for the next shop!

Don't forget Sutton Ford in Matteson, IL. Route 30, one block west of I-57.

AND, they are an FRP dealership, with dealer supported Renegade and Outlaw class race cars. SCT tuner Jerry VanDerlinde on staff, and in-house DynoJet to boot.

Yes, we need something mid-west, and these guys have it going on. At this time, they will install any FRP blower kit and extend the factory warranty with stock pulleys and their tuning. Just one more step closer to being a Shelby authorized mod shop.

Fingers crossed...

Don't forget Sutton Ford in Matteson, IL. Route 30, one block wesat of I-57.

SVT AND FRP dealership, with dealer supported Renegade and Outlaw class race cars. SCT tuner Jerry VanDerlinde on staff, and in-house DynoJet to boot.

Yes, we need something mid-west, and these guys have it going on. At this time, they will install any FRP blower kit and extend the factory warranty with stock pulleys and their tuning. Just one more step closer to being a Shelby authorized mod shop.

Fingers crossed...

Guys I'm with you on a Chicago area mod shop. I'm from Iowa City, IA and a we midwesterner's need a Mod shop 200 - 300 miles away not 700 - 1,000. Believe me when I say there is very little in Iowa for hi performance shops. Chicago is a perfect cental location for alot of people. Can Victor or Sutton handle the volume if converted to an authorized shop?

Dave

Hi,

It would be great to have a mod shop in the midwest. Chicago is the capitol of the midwest and I am thinking of my self only here but being able to get to a mod shop in a mornings drive would be great. Some one could drop off there car a then spend a few days watching some shows and eating some great food then pick up your baby and enjoy the short drive home.

ShelbyGT/GT500

It's my understanding that to become an 'official' mod shop there is a significant up front investment required.

Guys, let me throw Anderson Ford SVT dealer in the mix. They are located in Clinton, Il. off Il. highway rt. 51 not too far from Interstates 55, 74 and 72. They have been an SVT dealer for years, have a lot of racing experience and people bring their cars to them for mods. from all over the world, yes I said the world. They are a fairly small dealer with a lot of resources. Rhey also rep. Rousch racing and sell their cars. I can tell you from my experience that they can modify to your needs and have the equipment, experience and technology to satisfy your needs.

I'm putting my money on these guys, Kansas City is a happening place :happy feet:

R & A Motorsports

I'm with you on this one....Jeff and Lori are great folks and do fabulous work. I think SAI would agree since they work closely with them already.

• 2 months later...

I know I said it before but my vote is for R & A motorsports of Lees Summit, MO. After meeting with them this past weekend at Shelbyfest in Hermann, MO it only confirms by vote. These people are a class act ! They brought several Mustang's with the Twister package and the Hermann dealeraship also had a sold Twister in their showroom. They were representing Team Shelby at the event and seemed very helpfull.

One more time?

Don't forget Sutton Ford in Matteson, IL. Route 30, one block west of I-57.

AND...They are an FRP dealership, with dealer supported Renegade and Outlaw class race cars. SCT tuner Jerry VanDerlinde on staff, and in-house DynoJet to boot.

Fingers crossed...

Seriously now folks...The guys at Sutton know what's going on today due to their continuing presence and participation in national race circuits. It's one thing to dream and develop ideas and concepts, and quite another to participate and produce the end result. Sutton Ford produces.

708.720.8500, ask for Randy, or, Doug.

I know I said it before but my vote is for R & A motorsports of Lees Summit, MO. After meeting with them this past weekend at Shelbyfest in Hermann, MO it only confirms by vote. These people are a class act ! They brought several Mustang's with the Twister package and the Hermann dealeraship also had a sold Twister in their showroom. They were representing Team Shelby at the event and seemed very helpfull.

R&A gets my "vote" as well... Not because they are close, but because of the quality of their work and their reputation... Not to mention Jeff's matching GT500KR 'verts sitting out in the SAI Museum Showroom :happy feet:

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

I would like to add my nomination for R&A Motorsports in Kansas City.

I have worked with the folks up there on a number of projects and not only is their level of knowledge in both the new and vintage cars high, but their committment to quality is 2nd to none.

I have seen Jeff fix several issues on cars from many different sources (who shall remain nameless in this article) and his work quality is 2nd to none. He also has a long time vested stake in the Shelby legacy and welcomes the new products with open arms.

There...have I nominated clearly enough??

CB

• 2 weeks later...
I know I said it before but my vote is for . After meeting with them this past weekend at Shelbyfest in Hermann, MO it only confirms by vote. These people are a class act ! They brought several Mustang's with the Twister package and the Hermann dealeraship also had a sold Twister in their showroom. They were representing Team Shelby at the event and seemed very helpfull.

I too was out there and was very impressed with how they represented Team Shelby at the event so I couldn't agree with you more.! R & A motorsports of Lees Summit, MO are definitely on the up and up and they have been restoring Shelby's cars for a long time, so the love for Shelby cars is there. I also believe this Shelby mod show would be centrally located in the US allowing more opportunity for others to get there car modified that have a distance hang up. Not to mention I could get a glass roof put in my Super Snake when I have it done there. I think it would look awesome and I would like to be the first! Amy :poke: Please! :happy feet: They definite have my vote! :happy feet: :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived