TEAM SHELBY FORUM

msrp in canada for shelby gt500 coupe

kincobra

:shrug: hi fellow members.$56599 canadian msrp ordered on may 15 from ontario.like to get some replys and compare msrp,just want to see if my cost is the same or average across canada.i have the coupe with ebony/tungsten grey stripes and red/black interior.options-1000 shaker audio $1975 ouch!! $69486.45 out the door with taxes and all that other great stuff.did you do better or worse?

:shrug: hi fellow members.$56599 canadian msrp ordered on may 15 from ontario.like to get some replys and compare msrp,just want to see if my cost is the same or average across canada.i have the coupe with ebony/tungsten grey stripes and red/black interior.options-1000 shaker audio $1975 ouch!! $69486.45 out the door with taxes and all that other great stuff.did you do better or worse?

Dude - $51,999 + $1,200 Delivery + $500 SVT Charge + Tax. Seems like $51,999 is CDN MSRP is the most common number.

Richmond, B.C.

51,999.00 is also the MSRP I am hearing everywhere these days. Although my car is ordered I am still waiting on the "final" details of the deal. Should all be dotted and crossed by the middle of next week and then I'll post up thefinal details.

Can you tell us the dealers name a break down on charges? All dealers msrp should be 51,999 + 100 A/c +1200 delver + 500 s.v.t charge + 1200 guzzler tax but some dealers are trying to get more . Try and get a cost break down..

Shelby001

:sos: You overpaid. msrp is 51999 + 500 svt + taxes + doc + admin ++. Leaving out the shaker 1000 which is 2000 plus taxes, looks like you overpaid by around $5000 what dealer was that, you're in Ontario???

Mine was $62K and change out the door...........no 1000 shaker though but still............you're at almost $70K for a coupe as well

Mine was $54 299 +taxes for coupe in B.C.

Including $1000 SVT charge??? (evrybody else seems to be paying $500)???

KingCobra.

I was also quoted a price by my dealers GM, it was also MSRP $51,999.00 and the total before taxes of $53,999.00 but never received a breakdown in price. He also said there might me a slight change in the total price. I was never told I would be paying any SVT charge nor was there a charge when I purchased my 04 Cobra. Hope this helps you out KingCobra.

PS. This is Eastern Canada.

SVTKEITH

Guys,

I have my Purchase Agreement right here in front of me and it breaks down like this:

$51,999.00 - GT500 Coupe (Ebony w/White Stripes)

$ 1,200.00 - Freight

$ 100.00 - A/C Tax

$ 1,200.00 - Tax for Fuel Consumption

$ 285.00 - Registration Fee

$ 500.00 - SVT Fee

$ 210.00 - Value Fee ??

$55,494.00 - Vehicle Sub-Total

$ 4,439.52 - PST

$ 3,884.58 - GST (@7% but this will drop to 6% will save $554.94)

$ 15.00 - License Fee

$63,833.10 - Total Price out the Door

I think this lines up with what most of you have been quoted. I'm number 11 on my dealers list, so based on the 1 per month delivery schedule I've heard i should get mine around this time next year!!

JD

Canadian MSRP is as follows:

Coupe $51,999

Vert $56,099

Freight $1,200 (same across Canada)

Shaker 1000 $1,975

Fed Excise $100 (air tax)

That's it and that's what you'll see on the window sticker (+GST and PST where applicable). The $500 is a per unit charge that Ford levies against dealers as a franchise fee. In prior years it was a flat $10,000 per year. Some of the dealers are apparently passing along the $500 to the customer.

Attached is the order guide for Canada that may be of interest to some of you.

Great site BTW. :D

GT500.pdf

GT500.pdf

Canadian MSRP is as follows:

Coupe $51,999

Vert $56,099

Freight $1,200 (same across Canada)

Shaker 1000 $1,975

Fed Excise $100 (air tax)

That's it and that's what you'll see on the window sticker (+GST and PST where applicable). The $500 is a per unit charge that Ford levies against dealers as a franchise fee. In prior years it was a flat $10,000 per year. Some of the dealers are apparently passing along the $500 to the customer.

Attached is the order guide for Canada that may be of interest to some of you.

Great site BTW. :D

Welcome Fly. Thanks for the info. :party:

I was quoted $1,200.00 for a "Fuel Consumption Tax" but this seem to be under debate. What has everyone else been quoted? I'm beginning to wonder how legitimate this tax is...........

JD

No such thing federally. Sounds like dealer markup to me unless it is an Ontario tax.

It is legit in Ontario. As of yet, the price hasn't been set. My dealer based the $1200 on what the Daimler Viper is set at.

07 Shelby,

Since you'll be getting yours first (based on your prioty of #1) let me know what you pay so that I can try to keep my dealer honest.

JD

I didn't think dealers were allowed to charge more than MSRP in Canada?

I didn't think dealers were allowed to charge more than MSRP in Canada?

Shelby Coupe Base MSRP 40930.00

Shelby Vert Base MSRP 45755.00

GT Vert Base MSRP 31280.00

Gas Guzz Tax $1300 on SHelby's

Will post other as soon as I get them

ISELLFORD

Please Help!

Can anyone explain this ?

See above pulle doff another area on this website.

If the US MSRP is $40,930.00 how do they determine the Canadian MSRP on the car. Based on conversion for US to CDN at aprox. 15% add - this means that the Canadian MSRP should be around $47,000.00

My dealer has given me a verbal of $51,999 - Like most of the rest of us Canuck's.

Based on this simple math something's not right. Does Ford set the Canadian MSRP different than a straight currency conversion ???????????????????????????????

post-142-1149202728_thumb.jpg

QUOTE(JETSOLVER @ May 30 2006, 09:18 PM)

Knowing that apples to apples is just about impossible what with taxes, inclusive options I went with US base of 40930+interior upgrade at 595 to come up with US 41525. That is compared to Can$ base of 51999(incl. interior upgrade as mandatory). Using todays rates(yes they fluctuate) US to CAN is CAN$45657. The other way is US$47293. If for the sake of disscusion we subtract the fixed CAN value of CAN$51999 and subtract the converted US base of CAN$45657 we are left with a CANADIAN being nice tax of cha-ching CAN$6342. Discuss and cuss and cuss and cuss

Unfortunately for us Canadians, Ford, GM and Daimler add another 10-12% on top of the Exchange Rate. In other words, I can go down to the US and buy a Mustang cheaper than I can here. Back in 2002, as FLY noted, when the US dollar was worth $1.57 Canadian the opposite was true. Ford and the others were afraid of losing market share so they artificially fixed the conversion price at around $1.22 Canadian. They were losing money, as compared to selling the same car in the US. Had they not done so a $25,000 US Mustang would have cost $39250 Canadian instead of $30500 Canadian. Maybe now that the US dollar is only worth $1.11 Canadian they're trying to make up for what they lost in the early 2000s?!

FYI, I've purchased my last two family vehicles in the US. The last being a used Loaded 2006 Freestyle Limited AWD, with navigation and 2500 miles on the odometer, that I bought for $27850 Canadian just last week. If the damn US dealer markup for the Shelby wasn't sooo much I would have bought one down there!

Using the Royal Bank Foreign Exchange calculator, a more realistic consumer conversion with Jetsolver's $41525US figure, the Shelby Coupe would cost $46101Can after exchange.

By the way, I guessed $51,205 as the Canadian MSRP back in March on the CRISPY23c MSRP Poll.

Is actually $51999 Canadian

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...owtopic=539&hl=

Pretty close. I'm giving myself an ATA BOY for that!

THANXS

If the US MSRP is $40,930.00 how do they determine the Canadian MSRP on the car. Based on conversion for US to CDN at aprox. 15% add - this means that the Canadian MSRP should be around $47,000.00

My dealer has given me a verbal of $51,999 - Like most of the rest of us Canuck's.

Based on this simple math something's not right. Does Ford set the Canadian MSRP different than a straight currency conversion ???????????????????????????????

Canadian pricing is not set as a direct correlation on US vs CDN $ exchange rates. Ford of Canada actually netotiates the prices on ALL Ford vehicles with Ford Motor Company, USA, as a customer. It is this negotiated price that is the basis for setting Canadian MSRP values. Trying to calculate the price on US vs CDN$ conversions will not give you the answer you want.

Also, the Ontario Fuel Consumption Tax is currently being estimated at $1,200. Final numbers on that will be submitted by the Ontario Government for ALL 2007 vehicles, and dealers will be notified. If you are concerned about what you are being charged, ask your dealer to show it to you in writing. This is a government tax and has to be claimed by the dealer, so there is no reason why you can't see this item.

Archived