TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Color dash lights

aonebadbone

I recall the first link, and even now, owning the car, I have no idea what anyone means by these codes and how or why they are used. :banghead:

You can change from the preset colors you select from for your dashboard lighting (when your head lights are on). Once you get into the set-up menu for the Mycolor, you can enter the 3 digit code for the color of your choice. That's the Readers Digest version. I understand that the GT500s (not sure about the SGTs) can have a red gauge, a white gauge & a blue gauge if they want. I only got it with my car because it came included in the package I ordered.

You can change from the preset colors you select from for your dashboard lighting (when your head lights are on). Once you get into the set-up menu for the Mycolor, you can enter the 3 digit code for the color of your choice. That's the Readers Digest version. I understand that the GT500s (not sure about the SGTs) can have a red gauge, a white gauge & a blue gauge if they want. I only got it with my car because it came included in the package I ordered.

Hum and I seen that option, set mine to red, I like that look at night, and never went back. Did not know about the codes or variations of colors.... cool, thanks.

I haven't been in a 66 mustang for many years, but I seem to recall the gauges lit green? Or were they white? If anyone has both cars, what color number off the chart is the same as a 66? Thanks

They were like your watch - the coating glowed greenish when they were lit with the little dashlight blubs. It was white in daylight. And pretty much black when the damn bulb burned out.

I go with the Red/White/Blue combo. Just like the American Flag.

After all it is an American Muscle Car!!!! :rockon:

Me too!

I even played "Proud to be an American" the first time I drove with the lights on. Just happened to be on the Sirius when I changed channels. :happy feet:

Archived