TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Original Hood From March 2005 NY Auto Show

musgus

Has anyone heard of any aftermarket alternatives for the production Shelby hood? I loved the orginal shown at the New York Auto Show back in March 2005. I want performance white with the stripe delete option and I afraid the extractors (in black) will be distracting to the beauty of the car. I guess I could have them painted white. Love to hear others thoughts.

P.S. That hood promted me to put my deposit down in April 2005. Unfortunately that put me 14th on the list. Only thing I am hanging on to is that the dealer tells me that he has doupts of at least 8 of the people in fornt of me. Lookie lous. I do not need the first one, just one!

I'm thinking they went to the bigger functional vents for a good reason. JMHO

The reason is during one of the first races of FR500C the hood was actually sucked off the car due to buildup of under hood air. Thus the functional air vents. Plus heat extraction. Personally before my shaker when my car was up around 140mph the whole hood would shake violently. Now with shaker no problemo. Hole in the hood makes the difference.

post-4943-1148668337_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148668337_thumb.jpg

I am kind of surprised there is not much chatter about this. There were lots opinions when the first production picture hit about the change in the hood. From what I could see on the show car pictures, the vents were functional. I could see daylight through them when the hood was open. They reminded me of the hood on the Shelby Series One. Certainly not as radical, but a good look. As far as the rain, it just goes through, same as the vents in the hood of my 95 Mustang Cobra. I am guessing that there will be aftermarket alternatives, but must not be anyone taking a stab at being on the leading edge for parts on the GT500. It would help if they had an actual car to work with. Thanks

I am going to drive mine rain,shine and snow! The first sign of rain I am goin to find a big empty parking lot and send my self spinning out of control. It's always good to know what it feels like so if it ever really happens I know what it fels like. :shift:

I am going to drive mine rain,shine and snow! The first sign of rain I am goin to find a big empty parking lot and send my self spinning out of control. It's always good to know what it feels like so if it ever really happens I know what it fels like. :shift:

Rain and a mustang= fun. Nothing like doing a huge burnout in water, and knowing ur tires relaly are getting damaged!

Archived