TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Cobra comes home

stsltd

After much waiting - but not nearly as long as others - picked up my Black Convertible on Saturday, was actually in on Friday but home emergency took precident....

Had my daughter drive me over, think she was just as excited as I was - they had her all cleaned up and park out front, very nice. Well, after paper work completed, very quickly, they put the rear plate on, had asked them to leave the front mount off, was not really sure they understood what I meant but was pleased to see that it was hidden in the trunk and no holes in the bumper...

Quick run to get gas, daughter came with me, many smiles - took it very easy, did not want to stall her out as I have not driven a clutch in a number of years - did good. Car very impressive even in the first few miles (had 4 on the odometer). After gas we went back to the dealer to get her car so she could follow me home - that proved to be kind of a drag in the she did not really know where she was and therefore I could not really take off and see what the car could do, even a little. So I would just make short jumps but them she would fall way back and I would have to slow and wait - not fun but certainly OK.

Came home and my son informed me it was his turn so out we went....still taking it easy - had to stop a few places on the way - 50 degrees out so what did we do? drop the top....got plenty of stares but we really did not care - at about 15 miles on comes the boost - very cool.....drove around for a while and then pulled into garage - left top down for the evening which proved to be a mistake - had a hell of a time getting it back up the next day...

Well, not one to leave things alone - Sunday proved to be the perfect day to install the Stage 1 JLT CAI which was promtly shipped last week - much thanks to JLT Performance - install went very smooth, tune loaded like a charm. Also installed the Redline Hood Lifts - made the wife nuts, second day with the car and there I am with a drill in my hand...her only comment was "can't you ever leave anything alone?" of course she already knew the answer to that......told her we were just starting here...

Anyway - out my son and I go, told him he may want to hang on - Holy Cow! Still respectfully careful, what a terrific machine - gave it gas in first, spun em out, hit second and the car started to slide her rear to the left, just let up and things straightened out -

overall first impressions - WOW - what a great car, will definietly take my time igetting acquainted, probably should have waited a little while before going to Stage 1 but ....

Have an appointment for next Monday to have the Red Stripe package installed - very meticulous company, does very good work - they said to plan on at least two days - wondering if I should change my mind, it truly is beautiful without the stripes, hope this is not a mistake....

Anyway - sorry for being long winded - here are a couple of pictures, not very good but its raining ....thanks to everyone for your help during the waiting period

cobra1.jpg

cobra1.jpg

Well, not one to leave things alone - Sunday proved to be the perfect day to install the Stage 1 JLT CAI which was promtly shipped last week - much thanks to JLT Performance - install went very smooth, tune loaded like a charm. Also installed the Redline Hood Lifts - made the wife nuts, second day with the car and there I am with a drill in my hand...her only comment was "can't you ever leave anything alone?" of course she already knew the answer to that......told her we were just starting here...

Anyway - out my son and I go, told him he may want to hang on - Holy Cow! Still respectfully careful, what a terrific machine - gave it gas in first, spun em out, hit second and the car started to slide her rear to the left, just let up and things straightened out -

overall first impressions - WOW - what a great car, will definietly take my time igetting acquainted, probably should have waited a little while before going to Stage 1 but ....

Welcome to the club.

Black vert rule! :happy feet:

BTW - I love the Red JLT CAI on the black car. I was trying to decide between the std black and the red CAI - I think I'm now 95% sure it will be Red this winter.

Oh, and what's the matter with dropping the top when it's 50 out? In MN, that's what we call a heat wave!! :hysterical2:

Thanks for all the congratulations - really a great car -

Overall driving impresions, very smooth, pleased with the handling, had thought about a lowering kit but already have to be careful not to scrape front getting out of my driveway, so unless I undertake a minor construction project out front that may be a nonissue - shifter not great but it is either improving through time or I am just getting use to it but 1st to 2nd not great, 2nd to 3rd still bad (going to try and wait until the new Shelby model is avail.) , do have the typical wheel hop issue, think I will step my way through beginning with LCA and go from there if needed -

Get a lot of double takes from people I suspect because its a convert. and does not have top stripes, they are not really sure what they are looking at, - everyone seems to want to race, and I mean everyone which is pretty funny really when it comes to mini vans and big SUV's, driving in heavy traffic - I am just trying to make sure no one runs into me and they want to race - maybe its just me, I don't know.

Thanks again for everyones help during the waitng game - Stripes go on next week....

Happy Thanksgiving to all -

Dave

Archived