TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Here is my plan

Rarecat

Here is what I want.....

07 GT500 Convertible

Tungsten Grey

Dark Charcoal Interior

Satin Silver Stripes

I would immediately add a CDC Light Bar and a more integrated ducktail spoiler....beyond that, who knows....

I'd buy it today..... B)

• 3 weeks later...
Here is what I want.....

07 GT500 Convertible

Tungsten Grey

Dark Charcoal Interior

Satin Silver Stripes

I would immediately add a CDC Light Bar and a more integrated ducktail spoiler....beyond that, who knows....

I'd buy it today..... B)

33[/snapback]

Great Choice...What about Tungston Grey/Medium Parchment....would look like a Jag or Aston Martin!!!!!!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is what I want.....

07 GT500 Convertible

Tungsten Grey

Dark Charcoal Interior

Satin Silver Stripes

I'd buy it today..... B)

Well, since we are stuck with the dark charcoal interior (too hot for a 'Vert), I think I'll have custom seat covers installed, with light gray inserts, either Tungsten w/Satin stripes, or White w/Blue stripes....would have liked a roll-bar option, but I guess that ain't happenin'...

Well, since we are stuck with the dark charcoal interior (too hot for a 'Vert), I think I'll have custom seat covers installed, with light gray inserts, either Tungsten w/Satin stripes, or White w/Blue stripes....would have liked a roll-bar option, but I guess that ain't happenin'...

What do you think reupholstering the interior would cost you?

Have you looked into it?

KingCobra.

The sad part of this thread is that when I started it, I was full of enthusiasm and excitement. The GT500Source was a new website and the ADM threat/debate wasn't in first gear.....

Here's my plan now, 6 months later.....

Save my money

Watch Ebay

Read message boards

Buy used when prices are realistic OR order what I truely want late in the 08 model year.

That's if I'm still interested in a year from now....(insert heavy sigh here)

At least I've got my Blown Bullitt to keep me happy....

Sorry for your disappointment Buddy!!!

I feel your pain.

We are so emotionally tied up into this car, that we can only feel thrilled or devastated by each drop of news that comes out.

Best of luck to you!!!

KingCobra.

Thanks King Cobra... I wasn't fishing for the sympathy vote, I was just surprised at the difference in how I felt then verses now, excitment verses disgust. I really want to get one of these and could afford to pay over MSRP, but refuse to on principle. ADM is simply a bad business practice that I refuse to reward, despite the various protests otherwise (free market, demand driven, blah blah blah). This is an awesome car and someday my patience will reward me with one that I can fully enjoy, without the gulity feeling of being financially raped.

I'll step down off my soapbox again....... rant off :angry:

Thanks King Cobra... I wasn't fishing for the sympathy vote, I was just surprised at the difference in how I felt then verses now, excitment verses disgust. I really want to get one of these and could afford to pay over MSRP, but refuse to on principle. ADM is simply a bad business practice that I refuse to reward, despite the various protests otherwise (free market, demand driven, blah blah blah). This is an awesome car and someday my patience will reward me with one that I can fully enjoy, without the gulity feeling of being financially raped.

I'll step down off my soapbox again....... rant off :angry:

You & I are in the same boat. I refuse to pay ADMU as well. If my dealer decides to pork me (I'm number one, but they make me feel like #2), I will either hunt (highly unlikely I will prevail) or have to wait. Patience my friend, patience! You can DO IT!!!

I would start fishing the regular Ford dealerships, on the chance that they decide to open the GT500 up to them. This was not given as an option until just recently, and so they will likely not have kept anybody in line. It might not happen, but it's possible.

KingCobra.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back to the plan: here is mine

Black Vert (michigan weather) charcoal/red interior, stripe delete, custom red over-the-top and side stripes, add a roll bar (red or black) and maybe some aftermarket shelby wheels. Beyond that depends on what shelby has available in aftermarket pieces. :yup:

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing the ALLOY convertible with Tungsten stripes...I might be changing colors. :yup:

That is a great looking car! I didn't think I would like it. I'll still be getting red/white, but I was very impressed with alloy, and didn't expect to like it much at all.

• 2 weeks later...

That is a great looking car! I didn't think I would like it. I'll still be getting red/white, but I was very impressed with alloy, and didn't expect to like it much at all.

It is a mean agressive color. I like it too. But in some way a dark color with tungsten or silver stripes I do not like.

Archived